Wear Your Damn Deadlifting Socks!

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So, over the past couple years I have been guilty of wanting to be a hard-ass and never wearing deadlifting socks. I liked the permanent scabs on my shins.

Well, it's finally come back to bite me in the ass. I ripped my shins apart per usual during last Fridays pull session. Last night I notice me leg getting all red around the cut. Woke up this morning and my leg was swollen red and painful all around the area.

I went to the Dr this morning, and I have a staph infection in my leg. If certain "events" that happened recently hadn't happened, I probably would have walked around with it for a week or so, and the Dr said I would have had some possibly serious issues. Thankfully, I caught it early, and was just put on hard core antibiotics for a week.

Long story short, pull your damn socks up!!!

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
**** dys
I am getting some next paycheck now

I always use disinfect spray on my legs after. I take the stuff they have in the gym spray it on my legs and wipe them down after

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wise words. Get better soon buddy! Stay near a toilet for the first day on that dose of antibiotics...

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
That's why u see me wearing my knee sleeves over my shins in my videos.

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
Apparently I'm not going anywhere as heavy as you animals because I've never scraped my shins with the bar.

When I pulled my 475 at 185lbs I didn't scrape either.

Time for me to put my big girl panties on and man up

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I saw his leg and They are def sexy ass legs to be getting all ****ed up.

Kinda reminds me of that leg lamp in the Christmas story.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
God Damn. That looks nasty. Heal up quick buddy

blame it on pillar

Last edited:

SuperBane

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to add a disinfectant spray to the gym bag.
Spray the bar off.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Never thought of the possibility of infection. Good looking out and get better brother.

Assassin32

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shit DYS, I got scabs on both shins that rip open every week too. I never even thought of the possibility of infection until I read your post. I just ordered a pair of deadlift socks from EliteFTS. Staph infection is no joke. Get better soon dude.

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shit DYS, I got scabs on both shins that rip open every week too. I never even thought of the possibility of infection until I read your post. I just ordered a pair of deadlift socks from EliteFTS. Staph infection is no joke. Get better soon dude.

Same here. My shins have been been opening up and scabbing for a long time now. Guess it's time for some crossfit style.

New Threads