Speaking of "roid rage"...

BrutesorGods

Reaction score
Reading through ERandICU-RN's thread and was reminded of something I've been thinking about lately. We hear about "roid rage" all the time but in my experience I've only ever raged during the low points in both my life and in cycles. That is to say... when I've come off or when I was totally natty and killing my health with stress. I suppose I've felt extremely dominant on certain things but rarely angry and definitely not rageful.

I've thought for a long time that losing your cool and wrecking shit is actually the complete opposite of manliness or masculinity so it could just be confirmation bias to a certain extent. (or maybe it's just certain substances... var does seem to make my fuse a bit shorter)

Is this the same in your experience? If so I wish more people understood this... because usually when I'm on I'm a ****ing zen master. ...and now that I'm coming off I made an ass of myself by getting up in this dude's face because I thought he was mad-dogging me :beaten:

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Only time I lose my shit is when my girl falls asleep before sex, when I'm on. I seriously want to demolish everything in sight when that happens.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand roid rage. I'm being completely honest here. When I'm blasting on whatever, I'm as happy as can be, calm as a cucumber, feeling like nothing in the world can bother me or get to me. In the gym the pumps are awesome and the adrenalin is pumping, the blood boiling. I'm a naturally high strung dude to begin with a pretty strong personality but when blasting the sauce I'm calm as hell and loving life. This is my take if people are gonna so call roid rage then they shouldn't be on AAS because they just aren't mature enough to handle themselves or understand the beauty of what they're actually taking.

Megatron28

Elite
Reaction score
I totally agree with Seeker. When I am blasting gear I am as happy as can be. Everything rolls of my back and nothing bothers me. My wife even notices and comments about how nice and happy I am when I am on. All the shit that normally irritates me doesn't even hit the radar.

Roid Rage is a myth.

P.S. when I hear guys talk about how they feel more aggressive on gear my first thought is that they have let their estradiol get too high and they are becoming bitchy.

Last edited:

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Douchebags have "roid rage". They're also the types of dudes who think they are bad ass or something because they take steroids.

Im with seek too. In a very relaxed dude always. When I blast I'm more chill and calm. Only thing I rage on is the ironnnnn brahhh

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
I think it is hugely exaggerated but it does make an already existing anger problem worse in a small number of people. For me personally juicing makes me feel on top of the world. I get a little of the alpha confidence but definitely not anger.

The media should focus more on alcohol rage rather than roid rage

nightster

Elite
Reaction score
Before trt, and now my blast I was moody and had a very bad temper. And now, I have never felt better, small shit that would have me in a rage just rolls off.

curtisvill

Elite
Reaction score
Tren makes my temper shorter, but I would not call it roid rage.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Ecks and seek got it, same here. Depends where you focus your energy, 1. Are you a douchebag and/or have little man syndrome (LMS)? Then you probably are the kind of person that walks around looking for anything to get fired up over. 2. You are a person that enjoys life, doesn't sweat little shit (but also takes no shit), can focus high strungness into positive training time, or just being content with ones jacked self.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe this isn't the thread to mention the time I twisted up a parking meter on Main Street. I was pissed though.

When the $hit hits the fan you Zen masters know where to find me.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe this isn't the thread to mention the time I twisted up a parking meter on Main Street. I was pissed though.

When the $hit hits the fan you Zen masters know where to find me.
Cant say I haven't came un-nutted before, seems as you get older things seem to have less likelihood of a guy getting railed over.

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
True. Im older and wiser with serious responsibilities to keep things in perspective.

I believe there is roid rage and dont believe it is "always" a product of being immature. Sometimes it can be the environment that said AAS user is in.

Take athletics for example, I think in sports where there is an actual living breathing opponent that has to be 'destroyed' (like the one you excelled at) it is necessary to embrace the primal side of things. The wrong chemical imbalance in the right person can cause it to rear its head.

Lets not forget these are hormones and we are ALL experimenting at some point. To reduce an actual byproduct of hormone enhancement which roid rage is IMO, as just bad behavior can do a disservice to those that probably should not use or at the very least be conservative in their choices of compounds and amounts.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
I feel like I'm the man when I'm on. Confidence is way up so I'm just more happy and easy going. Naturally I have road rage and can be very impatient on the road when I was on I noticed this amplified rubber neckers and idiots drove me crazy.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
True. Im older and wiser with serious responsibilities to keep things in perspective.

I believe there is roid rage and dont believe it is "always" a product of being immature. Sometimes it can be the environment that said AAS user is in.

Take athletics for example, I think in sports where there is an actual living breathing opponent that has to be 'destroyed' (like the one you excelled at) it is necessary to embrace the primal side of things. The wrong chemical imbalance in the right person can cause it to rear its head.

Lets not forget these are hormones and we are ALL experimenting at some point. To reduce an actual byproduct of hormone enhancement which roid rage is IMO, as just bad behavior can do a disservice to those that probably should not use or at the very least be conservative in their choices of compounds and amounts.
I know all to well the "opponent" you speak, very well put my man.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I agree with seek and "zen" is a good way to describe it. I will say though, for me, var does tend to make me a tad agro but I think dosage has a lot to do with it also.

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
When I was taking drol I know it raised my BP thus making me a little irritated. I also felt more agressive in the gym but in no way an ass. The only people I've ever heard roid raging were guys who had emotional problems b4 they were on cycle.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think the name "roid rage" turns off alot of juicers to the idea it may be a real effect of aas..If it was called "extra aggression" everyone would say yes they can cause that..I agree Im also happy when full of gear but it can turn to anger real quick

Last edited: