Fat or loose skin / lack of muscle??

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I'm 28, 6'1 161 pounds. I'm lean enough that I can see large amounts of vascularitt in my abs, yet when I'm not flexing I still look "skinny fat" and can't seem to get my pecs to not look flabby. Be as honest and as mean as you'd like :D do I still have a few pounds to lose or do I just need to build lean muscle to harden up? Let me know plz!

Attachments

• IMG_20160908_143913.jpg
    IMG_20160908_143913.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160917_202820.jpg
    20160917_202820.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160917_202849.jpg
    20160917_202849.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20160916_210600.jpg
    20160916_210600.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 14
T

TriniJuice

When trini has loose skin on his chicken he just pops it in the oven at 450 for 20mins;
Shrivels it right up......

Reaction score
Hmm so maybe I should go bake in the sun for a couple days you're saying ?

Reaction score
I've lost about 60-65 pounds. About 40-50 in five months or so then the rest over the course of two years. From what I've read that's not quite enough to have a large amount of loose skin, but I'm no expert

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
How many calories are you taking in each day? You look a little malnourished....

Reaction score
I'm carb / calorie cycling right now. A few days of 1800 or so, then a couple days of about 3k and lifting at the gym

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
If your skin seems loose/soft, its because you lack muscle. I think you have lost plenty of weight and now it is time to put some back on. The right way.

Reaction score
I'm still trying to cut overall because im assuming the flab was because i still have a few to lose, so my overall weekly is less than maintenance. I monitor my energy levels and still have a lot of energy for sports and lifting, so am assuming I'm not really malnourished, I picked a purpousley unflattering angle.

Reaction score
OK so you think the unfit appearance is just because I just lack the muscle after cutting? Thank you for the advice!

Reaction score
My diet is actually pretty strong. Lots of veggies and lean meats, eggs and all that good stuff. Healthy carbs on gym days like sweet pot

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Im sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention.... I realize I was a little blunt... If you have lost 65 pounds, its just a fact of it all that you have most-likely been destroying muscle tissue too along with the fat. Ive been there too (not as drastic, but around 45 lbs) and it ttok a while to tighten everything up... I ended up training to gain real clean, but I upped my calories and protein significantly... It helped a lot... I also used to have a phobia of carbs, but now I feel "skinny fat" without them. Just my .02 tho...

Reaction score
No you didn't offend me at all! I appreciate the honestly I really do, I was just trying to figure out what you meant and give ya my facts. Thanx for the advice :)

Reaction score
Its just hard to tell sometimes because we are so bias when it comes to our selves. I see veins so I'm assuming I'm around 10% bf but I haven't measured it, and its hard to tell if its just a few extra pounds or if its just lack of muscle! I feel like others may be in the same boat so I hope this helps

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone seems to store fat in different places; you sure as hell do not put it over your abs. It's been said that abs are a product of diet but truthfully, you don't have them at a lean body weight. That's the bad; now for the good. You need to hit the weights hard brother. You are gifted with the ability to lean out but that doesn't mean anything if there's no muscle under there. If you focus on some heavy training you should be able to put 10lbs of solid muscle on that tall frame in 6-12 months. Trust me, you'll have a completely different look.

What's your protein intake like?

Reaction score
Right on thanks bro. I try to hit around 100-140, but if I go into a bulk phase I may want to up that to 160 or so yeah?

Reaction score
Any advice on how to build a decent amount of muscle without too much fat? Calorie/carb cycling?

Simbrilee

Lady Member
Reaction score
You look alright, try putting on some muscle. I think that would help

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Any advice on how to build a decent amount of muscle without too much fat? Calorie/carb cycling?

No disrespect in the following BUUUTT: You need to build a relationship with fat. You cant build muscle without gaining fat unless you want to take for-fkn-ever. There is nothing wrong with adding a little fat in your diet, it will actually help you put on some mass and your muscles will use it to grow. Your common sense if lying to your face and your believing it. Your skinny fat because you have no muscle. You have flab because you have no muscle. To compliment you on your leaness is like saying a meth addict kicked ass with their weight loss. You don't look healthy. You look sick. Cool veins but you can have those with muscle to you know. Complimenting a skinny guy on his abs is like complimenting a fat guy on his huge arms...it doesn't work. Any one can starve themselves.

Set yourself up with a simple 40c/35p/25f diet...hit some hypertrophy training...drink a fk ton of water and get some sleep. I don't have time to lay out a diet for ya but there are a ton of smart dudes here..but honestly as of right fkn now you need to go and eat some chicken and rice!

Good luck man your at a place to make some huge progress!

New Threads