Title: Finding My Fitness Path: A Dad's Journey to Strength and Wellness

Reaction score
**Title: Finding My Fitness Path: A Dad's Journey to Strength and Wellness**

Hey everyone,

As I approach my 40th birthday, I'm on a mission to reclaim my fitness and vitality. I may be a white stay-at-home dad, but I'm determined to be in the best shape of my life, fueled by my passion for disc golf and the desire to feel great.

About eight years ago, I embarked on my first cycle, following advice from the r/steroids sidebar. It was transformative, and I've been chasing that feeling ever since. However, life happened - marriage, kids, and neglecting my health.

But now, after shedding 35 pounds, I'm at 180.5 lbs, and while I'm around 25% body fat (possibly 28%), I'm committed to reaching 15% before considering another cycle. With a background in healthcare as a Registered Nurse, I'm diving into research, not seeking perfection, but aiming for informed decisions.

I'm not here to make friends; my focus is on gathering information for myself. However, I'm happy to share my experiences, particularly about my first cycle. Back then, I experimented with clen, cjc1295 no dac, and ghrp6, sourcing my products from "your mom's vagina"

Now, I'm contemplating between full TRT or another cycle, leaning towards TRT for its long-term benefits, albeit hesitant about the lifelong commitment. My goal isn't to become massive but to optimize my athletic performance and strength.

This time around, I'm prioritizing lean strength. Finding reliable ancillaries at a reasonable cost has been challenging, especially when navigating international pharmacies and underground sources.

Furthermore, I'm managing various medications, including lisinopril, hydrochlorothiazide, atomoxetine, clonidine, and amlodipine, as I work on improving my blood pressure through weight loss.

I appreciate your time in reading this rather lengthy introduction. I look forward to learning and sharing within this community.

Thanks,

[Your Name]

Reaction score
Yea. Vet me good. I'll do my best to make GPT sound more natural and fit in with the culture for future long posts. I'm lazy but I wouldn't want to be caught wearing shoes amongst the shoeless. That introduction business has an application vibe anyways and gpt is so old and obvious that the meta tickled me

Last edited:

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
I may be a white
ok

15% before considering another cycle
make it 10%

I'm not here to make friends
why bother to introduce yourself

share my experiences, particularly about my first cycle
it was eight years ago and you lost it all. what can you share about it?

sourcing my products from "****."
shill

My goal isn't to become massive but to optimize my athletic performance and strength.
you can reach this goal with no drugs

prioritizing lean strength
what does this mean?

Reaction score
1) i don't know enough about anabolics to know whether race related genetics are significant so I threw it in.

2) Doubt

3) An introduction can be useful for providing background and pertinent information to those interested in getting a more comprehensive understanding of where future posts and questions are coming from. There are questions that I am facing that are identified in my intro that identify my reason for posting here. Do a lot of folks post here looking for friendship primarily?

4) OK

5) Sure thing lol

6) Lean means low bodyfat. Strength means lifting heavy

Last edited:

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Post a detailed breakdown of your diet and training.

Reaction score
Post a detailed breakdown of your diet and training.
I'll share a bit about that but keep in mind that my goals are moderate harm reduction and getting the most out of the time I have to commit to the gym and disc golf as a person who is mainly a stay at home dad.

On rest days I am fasting from 8 PM until 3PM with the exception of couple cups of coffee and half and half. I do not count calories presently. I usually eat twice between 3 and 8 and I would estimate that I eat between 1000 to 1500 calories per day based on two small to medium meals consisting of mainly protein and fat. Some carbs from bananas and apples thrown in.

I work out MWF from 10 to 12 when the gyms day care is open. I work out fasted. I warm up with light cardio long enough to play a couple games of chess. Usually 10-15 minutes.

I am following stronglifts 5x5 which is basic progressive overload with squats everyday and switching between bench press overhead press barbell row and deadlifts in some combo every other workout.

I have not gotten to heavy weights yet so I am adding 5x5 pull ups or 5x5 dips and finishing with moderate cardio for an hour or so.

I drink a whey protein shake after the gym that gives me 40 g of protein and some fat and then continue my fast and eat as usual from 3 to 8.

I take my kids out for skiing and sledding or walks several times per week. Fuck my wife a couple times per week. And play disc golf usually once per week for about 5.5 miles of hiking and throwing.

I am losing about 2 lbs per week doing this. Have a ways to go and will need to track my diet more carefully when I get to around 165lbs. I am not in a particular rush to start a cycle or get going with trt. I would like to start when I am at most 15% bodyfat and have had to deload with each exercise at least 2x.

Last edited:

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
After much debate on what to say. Especially when the two people I most value their opinion say troll. (Cj and send0)
If decided upon this.
Hi.