Dbol timing and PCT advice

Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing my first ever steroid cycle and have found a lot of great info here but i have a question about the timing of dbol (if used at all).
The recommendation for a beginner cycle is to run only test, since by running multiple compounds from the start side effects can not be linked to any specific AAS.

What do you veterans say to this:
Week 1-12 Test E 300 mg twice a week
Week 8-12 Dbol 40 mg ED

This way i could see how my body reacts to Test E and then at week 8 when the test levels in my blood really start peaking i can add in Dbol and see massive ****in gainzzz? Now i can link possible side effects to Dbol and not test after week 8 right?

Also a question about AIs:
Would you recommend that i use something like arimidex or aromasin from the get go or keep it and use it only if i start seeing signs of gyno? Could i completely skip an AI and just use nolvadex when/if these signs start appearing?

Finally i think im gonna take 250 iu of HCG twice a week during the cycle but would you recommend also using HCG in PCT? I have heard and read a lot of different opinions about this. Will clomid and nolvadex be enough for a proper PCT?

Thanks for having the patience to read my dumbass questions.

Reaction score
Ok well since you already know that you should only be taking test only for your first cycle , my recommendations would be the test at 600mg a week and would only do 30mg of dbol a day for the first four to six weeks me personally would not run more than six weeks and then the test I would run anywhere from 12 to 14 weeks dbol is used as a jump start being a (oral)

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I actually like that thought process. I especially like adding the dbol at the end when your test is flowing nice. I say go for it.

I suggest guys only use an ai if needed. Some estrogen is great for size and strength.

Reaction score
This is what mine would look like

Test 600mg week
1-12 (WK)
Dbol 30mg day
1-6 (WK)
Then your pct / AI / and anything else you'll need just make sure you have it all before you start , and don't wait till you get side effects to take anything be SAFE and SMART about it , prob don't want to hear it but dude just take the TEST for 12/14 wks and you'll be good bro

Reaction score
I actually like that thought process. I especially like adding the dbol at the end when your test is flowing nice. I say go for it.

I suggest guys only use an ai if needed. Some estrogen is great for size and strength.

Really you do like to take it at the end ?

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've said this before and I'll say it again as many times as I have to. I don't agree with that fuking stickie when it comes to your 1st cycle.
TEST ONLY! Is all you will need to see significant gains.
600 mgs a week for 12 weeks is plenty enough.

As as for your ai make sure you have pharma quality and keep it handy in case you need it. Some would say start using it at start of cycle. That's not wrong either. I personally would not. Keep track of blood work and results will also dictate usage.

250 iu of hcg starting week 4 is good. No hcg during pct. nolva and clomid for pct.

how old are you?

Reaction score
SO you are saying that besides the fact that stacking would make understanding sides difficult, the first cycle should be as simple as possible so that i can have more great cycles in the future without having to go ****ing mad with the dosages and stacking?

I guess this is gonna attract some heat but I am only 20 years old, ill be 21 in a few weeks. I am positive that i will do at least one cycle and I'm itching to do it as quickly as possible but I might still be waiting for a year or two. To be honest I'm just so god damn fascinated by everything that has to do with steroids and really want to start experimenting with it early so i can gain experience with it and see what my body is capable of.

Reaction score

Yeah when i think about it it makes sense in my head but i lack scientific proof. Ill just have to try it and see what happens. What do you think about the argument that doing a "complicated" first cycle will further escalate later cycles and give birth to a need for more and stronger AAS?

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had a feeling you were young and that's why I asked. Keep reading and researching for a few more years. You appear to be a smart young man and from your avi it looks like you have a good start already.Keep working in the gym you still have more natural gains to achieve

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
Yeah when i think about it it makes sense in my head but i lack scientific proof. Ill just have to try it and see what happens. What do you think about the argument that doing a "complicated" first cycle will further escalate later cycles and give birth to a need for more and stronger AAS?

Adding dbol to your first cycle isn't gonna make future cycles harder yo gain on or whatever. I agree first cycles should be test only but I like how you'd add the dbol at the end. That's just me tho cus if rather have both compounds kicking in full force rather than kick start with one. But that's me.

You're young man if you're set on doing it then do just the test. Like seeker said u should wait a few more years but we're not your father and make u wait. That's up to you

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's up to you..Run the test if you have no problem add the dbol ..Adding dbol when you have no clue how to control estrogen can become a mess if your sloppy

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
^^^ True that. Estrogen can get out of hand quickly on good dbol

Reaction score
I had a feeling you were young and that's why I asked. Keep reading and researching for a few more years. You appear to be a smart young man and from your avi it looks like you have a good start already.Keep working in the gym you still have more natural gains to achieve

Now were talking, thats the kind of response i was expecting. Well the thing is, people here want us youngsters to achieve our natural limit before even touching AAS. After this you only REALLY need them, right? Well if i train my ass off, reach the point where i naturally cannot achieve more muscular development, and then lets say do only 1 cycle. I assume that i will make great gains and feel like a monster. But when i get off the test and the pct is finished, wont my body pretty quickly return to the state it was before my cycle? The natural limit? So i would be forced to keep doing cycle after cycle to keep my gains. Well i might be ok with that. But why is it that i cannot use AAS to reach my natural limit and then maintain it naturally? I guess you could call me lazy, i could do it naturally, and i definitely have the motivation for it, but who would choose not to use the shortcut that would halve the time spent driving to visit your grandparents? (kinda weird example but you get my point)

Reaction score
It's up to you..Run the test if you have no problem add the dbol ..Adding dbol when you have no clue how to control estrogen can become a mess if your sloppy

Point taken. Going easy on the first cycle will allow me to get some experience with controlling my estrogen in the safest way possible.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I get your point and you definitely got mine. Another factor to think about which is something we have discussed on this board before. Who knows how you'll feel 10 years from now. MaybeYou'll still be working but not as extreme dedicated as you are now. Why fuk with your natural system so early and risk it? Give it more time and see how you feel in a few years. So many young dudes fuking themselves up early for no real long term reason.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I won't give you the "you are too young" speech. You know that you are but its your life. Here is what I will tell you.

When I was your age(20 years ago), I had 3 buddies of mine that all worked out together. We used to go to the gym everyday. We went to college together and 2 of them decided to take gear both were 20. Within 2 years neither of them lifted anymore. In fact, I am the only one of the 3 that even still lift. While I have no solid proof, one of them had to take fertilization drugs to get his wife pregnant and I still firmly believe that it was due to him doing AAS so young. Either way, what a waste of time and possible health for a year or 2 of gains?

I did my first cycle at 24, probably still too young but at that point I had been lifting a total of 9 years and on a solid program for 6 years. I knew that this was something that I was going to do for life. I also spent years researching the pros and cons and also talking to the older guys who had been doing it for years.

With that out of the way, if you are going to do a cycle, don't get carried away. Whenever you decide to make it happen, just do Test by itself. There absolutely no reason to use more than that for your first time. You WILL NOT retain more gains by using more products. You will be wasting more money...nothing more.

Good Luck.

One last thing. No one only does one cycle. Once you start, you will do more. Don't fool yourself. Save your money and buy some condoms and go **** some chicks. In a few more years, if you are even still lifting, do a cycle.

Reaction score
I get your point and you definitely got mine. Another factor to think about which is something we have discussed on this board before. Who knows how you'll feel 10 years from now. MaybeYou'll still be working but not as extreme dedicated as you are now. Why fuk with your natural system so early and risk it? Give it more time and see how you feel in a few years. So many young dudes fuking themselves up early for no real long term reason.

Thanks for the responses, i know i am very uneducated on the subject and appreciate everything you tell me. The biggest issue i have with waiting is that it doesn't seem like my endocrine system will take such a big hit if i do everything properly from beginning to end.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
It's refreshing to see someone simply acknowledge solid advice. Thank you.

As for your "one cycle to natty limit" question; you always lose when you come off. Period. Add the fact that you could have a permanent negative effect on your natty t levels, and the idea becomes even more useless.

Reaction score
It's refreshing to see someone simply acknowledge solid advice. Thank you.

As for your "one cycle to natty limit" question; you always lose when you come off. Period. Add the fact that you could have a permanent negative effect on your natty t levels, and the idea becomes even more useless.

This is something i cant really grasp. Right now my max bench is 250. Lets just hypothetically say that after one cycle that number would go up to 280 pounds. If i keep eating and lifting the same or more than i did on cycle I'm still going to over time go back to 250? I didn't think so.

I am completely aware of that i might sound really ****in stupid to you all but are you really telling me that there are no long term benefits regarding lifting with steroids?

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
This is something i cant really grasp. Right now my max bench is 250. Lets just hypothetically say that after one cycle that number would go up to 280 pounds. If i keep eating and lifting the same or more than i did on cycle I'm still going to over time go back to 250? I didn't think so.

I am completely aware of that i might sound really ****in stupid to you all but are you really telling me that there are no long term benefits regarding lifting with steroids?

It's veryyyyyy hard to keep your strength. Very hard. Size can be kept because I've done it but u won't look as hard or as full as u do while running aas.

Its addicting. Very few guys, who are serious about the gym, can do one cycle and stop.