New here

eeyore

Reaction score
Hey everyone another new guy here. I'm 30 and living in Northwest Florida. I've been lifting on and off for a long time, just never stuck with it. I'm done with starting from scratch, so I'm here hoping to learn something from everyone here. Diet tips, motivation etc. :32 (20):

StillKickin

Elite
Reaction score
Hi eeyore.
Keep poking around the board. Tons of motivation and nutritional info to chew on.
And lots of smart folks here to answer your questions when you have'em.
I'm not one of those folks mind you.
I make my living by being one of the "before" pictures in ads.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome to The Underground

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome man. What are your current stats and what are your goals?

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome..don't be afraid to use the search engine

eeyore

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm 6 weeks in on a 3 day per week split. The goal is to ultimately lose fat and build muscle. I started off at 260 and am now 245. I haven't figured out my BF yet, but I plan on doing that sometime this week. I'm taking in 1680-1720 calories a day, but not really counting out macros or anything just making sure protein is priority.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm 6 weeks in on a 3 day per week split. The goal is to ultimately lose fat and build muscle. I started off at 260 and am now 245. I haven't figured out my BF yet, but I plan on doing that sometime this week. I'm taking in 1680-1720 calories a day, but not really counting out macros or anything just making sure protein is priority.

Unless you're mostly fat with little muscle that deficit is most likely too much. However, since you aren't tracking your calories/macros you really don't know what your intake is. Down load MyFitnessPal or the like and track your macros. Otherwise you're flying a bit blindly. Most people can't estimate accurately their macros unless they've tracked them for a long time.

Start tradking your macros. The single most helpful thing in losing weight I've ever done.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
yea what jin said, if ur 245 you should be taking in way more cals. for instance, I'm 240 and eat 4200 cals a day for maintenance. welcome to the board and good luck on your journey to awesomeness

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Calculate yer TDEE and use it as a baseline & tweak from there accordingly based on the scale and the mirror.

Welcome to UGB!

eeyore

Reaction score
Unless you're mostly fat with little muscle that deficit is most likely too much. However, since you aren't tracking your calories/macros you really don't know what your intake is. Down load MyFitnessPal or the like and track your macros. Otherwise you're flying a bit blindly. Most people can't estimate accurately their macros unless they've tracked them for a long time.

Start tradking your macros. The single most helpful thing in losing weight I've ever done.

Its a great app! I've been using it this whole time. That's where I got my count from. I meant that I haven't figured in a macro percentage to follow 50/30/20 etc.

eeyore

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
or you could just ask piglet how she stays so lean ;)

New Threads