REVIEW PowerTec Multi System REVIEW

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So my weights are at home and lately I spend a lot of time at work. Sleeping here trying to catch thieves between paperwork and drinking beer etc. I didnt want to get behind so I bought a Powertech for cheap with weights a couple of weeks ago. Here is what I think.

Price: Personally I dont think its worth $1800 new. I got this whole thing and 600 lbs of weights and extras for $400 delivered to me. You an get a lot better stuff for 2K.
Strength of Machine: Very strong Ive had 400+ on it and it holds up well. I dont have the proper adjustment bars for the weight to sit on so thats all Im putting on for now. Right now Im using a floor jack handle that is flexing a bit. Ive got my welder friend making me one for the bench and one for the squat station.

Ease of Use: Very easy to use and the action is smooth. Easy to assemble.

I like the bench press though (when flat) its more of a decline because of the way its built but it gives a good stretch similar to dumbbells. The bench has a lot of adjust-ability and it also sits up at a 90 for OHP which I really like on this machine too. It also can be used for back rows and shrugs, I liked them both too.

Squats are a little cumbersome to get underneath if you are tall but its manageable and a decent work out. I can get full ROM and even work my calves. I was surprised it went that high. Most home equipment is a bitch for me to get under. Im 6'3" If I was any taller it would not go high enough.

Lat Pull down is nice too. It goes much higher than I can reach from seated position. I was surprised by this since I have long arms. That station converts to a triceps extension as well which works nice.

Leg Extension is the only home gym Ive ever sat on that my feet didnt drag the bottom so Im happy with that as well. You can move the leg extension to the bench area adjust to lay flat and do reverse leg ext as well. This ROM is better than what I have at home.

Weighted Ab crunch- I havent used that but it looks cute.

I havent used the biceps curl and some other features I have barbells and dumbells for that.

Over all Im very happy with it and have had some surprisingly good work outs with it. It will do until I get my good stuff moved down here.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This then Mate? Solid review, btw - and good on ye for keeping in the habit despite the long hours.

WB-MS14-Powertec-Image.jpg

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have almost all powertec in my home gym. Love it. I started with the power rack and all extensions then from there.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I looked into getting one of these a few years ago but the price kept me away. I’m good with going to the gym right now but glad to know this is a viable option should I ever convert to a home gym. Esp if I can find it at a price like that with weights

BigGameHunter

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I looked into getting one of these a few years ago but the price kept me away. I’m good with going to the gym right now but glad to know this is a viable option should I ever convert to a home gym. Esp if I can find it at a price like that with weights

The guy that had it owns rental properties and someone left it at one of the rentals. He took it home and never used it.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
That’s a nice set up man. As much as I like the idea of a home gym, I’d be worried that the temptation to skip it and do other less strenuous things would win out lol.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My mother bought me a Powertec system when I was a teenager for our garage. Some of the best work outs of my life were on that Damn thing. The squats sucked bc the seat got in the way, but everything else was awesome. You can also do dips on it and a few other exercises on it that aren't listed. Solid pieceof workout equipment imo.

Rot-Iron66

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks gang... I recently downsized my garage gym over to that (in pics) other smaller stall, put in those floor/stall mats. Ive been a home gym trainer since the year 77/78, so I never had an issue training at home. (40 years). I also have a gym membership, best of both worlds, I go to a great gym a childhood friend owns, who just so happens to have grown up with me and we lifted together back in 1979 in my basement gym. Ted does a nice job w/ his gym, and its been open for 17 years now, he's doing something right...

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The real tip in this thread is to have a Mate who can wield a welding iron. I've got one, and he never pays for a pint when I'm around.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And yea, real nice setup Rot-Iron66! Love the old school strong man prints! I'd buy a membership to that place.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Great space saving equip. BGH. Staying one step ahead of the bad guys in a physical manner is as important as other aspects of your business.