Gaining weight on test??

Reaction score
Hey im jay and for past year plus i been runnin cycles mostly test n tren but also was runnin anavar n winny, now im on trt and at about 300 week test n jus finished up 5 weeks of dbol 20 mg day and i been tryin to get to 200-205 im 5’8 and 190 currently, been in gum for two years now and im not incredibly strong but ive definitely achieved my goal of cuttinnin . I was at under 8 percent body fat so maybe now around ten. But i havent been lifting weights for ling jus few mos all my time in gym had been with the machines .
but i even i creaed my protein i take bout three weeks ago to 150-200 grams day and i just cant seem to put the weight on . I do alot of cardio and ive cut that in about half to try and utilize more of the calories i intake. My creatinine kinease levels r always pretty elevated and everything else is pretty normal for someone that spends about 6 hrs on average day i there. ( its layoff season) so i have rhe time but any advice on what i can do to maybe put on a little more mass so i can cut it in again.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Okay, so

You're working out for 6 hours every day?

Reaction score
Yeah. But soneba thats cardio., and alsobi dont do super heavy weights man i just do a helluva lot more sets n reps. The idea was to cut in and it took quite a while as i was way outta shape so now that i cut it in nice i wanna put on some more mass but thats seeming to b a task

Reaction score
Yeah. But soneba thats cardio., and alsobi dont do super heavy weights man i just do a helluva lot more sets n reps. The idea was to cut in and it took quite a while as i was way outta shape so now that i cut it in nice i wanna put on some more mass but thats seeming to b a task
Do heavy weights. The helluva lot sets and reps with light weights doesn’t work. You see that first hand. Your workouts should take around 60-90 mins plus cardio.

What’s your diet look like?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Intensity matters ... a 6 hour workout 🫤

That's roughly the same amount of effort a gerbil uses to take a nap .... put some weight on the damn bar and git r done.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Drop your volume, raise your intensity and chill out with the cardio.

Working out for that long is raising your daily caloric requirements significantly and you’ll have to eat a retarded amount of food to create the surplus required to gain weight. You should be in the gym for 2 hours maximum. There’s no reason to be there for longer aside from having a bad case of fuckarounditis.

Reaction score
Do heavy weights. The helluva lot sets and reps with light weights doesn’t work. You see that first hand. Your workouts should take around 60-90 mins plus cardio.

What’s your diet look like?
Its not as clean as it should b but i dont eat sugar, breads, anythibg w high fruc corn syrups etc. i do eat alot of eggs n meats , tuna , granolas, milk , and now alot more proteins. I jus recently kikkd the protein up to where it should be of 150-200 grams a day. For longest time i wasnt getti g enough .
I should probably start eating more carbs in diet as well.

Reaction score
We've got pretty similar stats, unless youre grossly underestimating your bf, but I'm doing about 15 sets a week. No need to be there that long. Pick up some other hobbies, seems like you're just there because you're bored

Reaction score
Lol, the plus side to that is uoud b killin it n
imagine taking tren and just going HAM on a Richard Simmons video with some 60-year olds at the YMCA.

That's basically what OP did here.
makin them og’s look…. Well- youd b makin em look old n slowed down!

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Get labs and check your health after multiple tren cycles in a year. Get them all in a normal range.

150 grams of protein is not enough. 6 hours in the gym is too much. If you're training and nutrition has been lacking, but you got up to a good weight and physique anyway, I imagine you will lose quit a bit unless you improve your technique, lift close to failure at "heavy" weight in the 6-12 (up to 15 on leverage exercises) and pay closer attention to getting more protein and consistent nutrition.

Staying on 300g test isn't trt for 99.99% of people and you likely need to give your body a rest from the drugs. If you are in a surplus, you shouldn't need more than minimal compounds to gain. If you aren't gaining, add 250 calories. Repeat.

Reaction score
I would hope you could accomplish this without tren tho
Hey, what do you think of being able to maintain gains just on test after runnin cycles for a year?
I wanna not only maintain but still build some too.
I dont wanna run cycles the rest of my life im on trt 300 week and its keepin me maintained but can u still build without stAckin other shit with it?
I know everyone is different but im speaking in generalizations of course

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
rich piana 6 hour arm day

Reaction score
Hey, what do you think of being able to maintain gains just on test after runnin cycles for a year?
as long as you're not eating like an asshole, you're still lifting, and you aren't looking to get to like 5% BF, you have little to no risk of losing muscle while on TRT.

im on trt 300 week and its keepin me maintained but can u still build without stAckin other shit with it?
300/wk isn't TRT. But assuming you aren't huge, you can still gain on 300mg per week. I don't view myself as "huge", for perspective.

Reaction score
No man im not big but never wanted to b.
Im 190 5’8
Most all u r much stronger n bigger then me i only wanted some definition ya know to really cut in.
And im under ten percent body fat now, i was at 7.6 but im sure its gone up a lil considering i been trying to put on lean mass to get to 200-205 but i hus cant get that to happen so ill take what i can get lol

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No man im not big but never wanted to b.
Im 190 5’8
Most all u r much stronger n bigger then me i only wanted some definition ya know to really cut in.
And im under ten percent body fat now, i was at 7.6 but im sure its gone up a lil considering i been trying to put on lean mass to get to 200-205 but i hus cant get that to happen so ill take what i can get lol
Eat more. Especially on 300mg, you should (usually) have no issue gaining more mass unless you are under eating.

190 at 5'8 and under 10 percent sounds pretty big for most people.

New Threads