Blood Test On Cycle - Will privatemdlabs female hormone check for gyno to increase/decrease AI

Reaction score
Blood Test On Cycle - Will privatemdlabs female hormone check for gyno to increase/decrease AI

Hello,

I have been reading a lot about bloodwork and I am ready to order the female hormone panel, but I want to see if that is enough to know how my gyno is looking and if I should increase/decrease my AI?

Can I get by with just that panel or do I really need to add other tests?

TY!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been reading a lot about bloodwork and I am ready to order the female hormone panel, but I want to see if that is enough to know how my gyno is looking and if I should increase/decrease my AI?

Can I get by with just that panel or do I really need to add other tests?

TY!

The female hormone panel includes Estradiol, which will help you hone in on your AI dose/schedule.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Isn’t it sensitive estradiol that we need to look at?

Depends on how specific/sensitive you want it. You can also do the LC/MS-MS version of the testosterone if you want totals above 1500. I've found the estradiol in the female panel to correlate well to how I feel, but to your point....

"Estradiol, Sensitive, LC/MS [140244]. LC/MS-MS offers superior analytical sensitivity, specificity and a larger dynamic range than immunoassays.1 The clinical applications benefiting from highly sensitive E2 measurement include the assessment of congenital defects in sex steroid metabolism and disorders of puberty. This sensitive assay also has application in the evaluation of estrogen deficiency in men and menopausal women, fracture risk assessment in these populations, and increasingly, in therapeutic drug monitoring of low-dose female hormone replacement therapy or antiestrogen treatment.

The use of a sensitive, LC/MS assay for serum E2 measurement in males is preferred over direct immunoassays because of its greater sensitivity and lesser interference by other steroids."

https://www.labcorp.com/test-menu/24856/estradiol

The study they cite in the last sentence can be found at (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24334824)

Last edited:

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
how bad is your gyno..??

Do you get flare ups..?

Reaction score
First cycle, not bad just want to get the AI right after the bloodwork to make sure it does not become a issue.

New Threads