should i cycle or not ?

4acesbro21

Elite
Reaction score
looking to cycle but not for the long-term.
history with as is I've cycled once before and to be fair it was way to early, id been lifting about 3 years and was only about 22 years old , that being said i got some brilliant gains which i managed to keep and went on to build on them. the cycle was test e 250mg x2 week for 10 weeks

fast forward and im now 26 years old (yeah i know still young) im looking to do a similar cycle to the first time test e 250mg x2 for 12 weeks but this time add in some anavar which ive yet to figure out the dose.

reason im on this is because im questioning if im making the right decision ive always been pretty lean and stromg but as of right now im probably not quite tuned in as ive usually am and this has been so for about 6 month , training isnt as intense as it was before which if im honest would be hard to keep up as i used to puah myself to the limit and most importantly injuries.

this is one of the main factors for me for the last year ive been carrying multiple injuries , tore hamstring which ive had for 6 month straight now also pulled it twice before, bad knee inflammation not exactly sure whats wrong but is sore when i squat amd play sports also tends to fill up with fluid after playing football (soccer)

pretty much looking to take a 1 off cycle and keep what ive gained without having to cycle again for a number of years

I've posted 2 photos below 1 is from around 8 months ago the other is more recent. also like to add im not one of the guys who is going to ask advice and then do whatever i want to anyway regardless of the answer or advice.
stats
5ft 6
13.2 stone
bench 140kg
squat around 120kg depends on knee used to be more
deadlift 200kg but haven done it for 6 month due to hamstring
cheerz for feedback
1642cdbb02b342683a0997b081ad7d11.jpg
30182635aa3e69ee90895b04c7d0f0ae.jpg

Last edited:

4acesbro21

Elite
Reaction score
also shouldve stated goals are to.simply get stronger and look bigger and leaner , and hopefully get back to being fit injury free

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
The only issue I see is your injuries.

If they are stable/rehabbed then why not run a cycle?

you look great. Some guys don’t look that good on steroids.

I think your neck shot rivals Gibsons.

Welcome back.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
I remember being in my late 20s and looking like that natty. I didnt start aas till I was in my early 40s .
I would worry being on test and feeling like superman you might make your injuries worse.

4acesbro21

Elite
Reaction score
I remember being in my late 20s and looking like that natty. I didnt start aas till I was in my early 40s .
I would worry being on test and feeling like superman you might make your injuries worse.
agree , thats kindov the worry that when on test etc i can work through it which i know i will always had a bad habit of just ignoring the pain and working through it , thats what jacked my hamstring up for good this time , trying to heavy deadlift when i knew it was fully recovered from the last time, on the flip side would high test level help with ligament repair or injury recovery in general ?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
agree , thats kindov the worry that when on test etc i can work through it which i know i will always had a bad habit of just ignoring the pain and working through it , thats what jacked my hamstring up for good this time , trying to heavy deadlift when i knew it was fully recovered from the last time, on the flip side would high test level help with ligament repair or injury recovery in general ?

No. It with have a negative impact on connective tissue while promoting rapid muscle growth. A potentially dangerous combo for your prior injuries.

If you can put the ego aside and stay in the 10+ rep range you might/should be fine.

Do you know a crazy old, jacked Scottish bastard named Stanley?

4acesbro21

Elite
Reaction score
No. It with have a negative impact on connective tissue while promoting rapid muscle growth. A potentially dangerous combo for your prior injuries.

If you can put the ego aside and stay in the 10+ rep range you might/should be fine.

no can't say ive heard of him , is he in this forum ?

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score

Scotlands a big place Jin he prob knows a few jacked Stanley’s. Where is Stanley anyway?? Not seen him about for a while

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
you look great

that first cycle didnt hurt you a bit so stop snivelin

jump on the test e 500 a week split

4 weeks later add 40 mg anavar a day split

for 4 weeks

then discontinue the anavar and finish up that 12 weeks test e

Imo

4acesbro21

Elite