Greetings!

loafie

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Ive been lurking for quite awhile here so I thought I would introduce myself.

I am 27 years old , living in California, and have been weightlifting seriously (along with proper nutrition) for the last 4 years.

My physical stats are:
height: 6' 0.25" (184 cm)
weight: 180 lbs (81.4 kg)
bodyfat: 11.5%

My weightlifting stats are:
squat: 330 lbs (149 kg)
deadlift: 365 lbs (165 kg)
bench: 230 lbs (104 kg)

Im not entirely sure how scientifically valid the classical distinctions of general body-types are, but I am what many people would call an "ectomorph" for what its worth.
Furthermore, the bodyfat % is very accurate, as I have tested myself at a legit hydrostatic weighing lab.

So onto the more philosophical part of this post:

After much lurking and gathering of knowledge on this forum including the steroid subreddit and several other forums, I have decided to embark on my first cycle.
It is important to note that I in no way seek to make this a professional career or anything of the sort, I just would like an improved aesthetic physique, and also that I intend to come off of gear after achieving my goal physique.

Now one thing I have frequently come across on the various forums is when newbies proudly and ignorantly claim that they will "only do a single cycle" and how often that first cycle is in reality only the first of many cycles that they will go on.

With that piece of humbling statistics, I would like to be fully realistic and transparent with my goals so as to get the best feedback possible from you guys.
So essentially my ideal physique that I have in my mind is somewhere from 205-220 lbs (93-100 kg) at roughly 8% bodyfat.

Now with that in mind and given that Im currently sitting at 180 lbs (81.4 kg) with 11.5% bodyfat, I first need to map out roughly how many cycles it would take me to achieve my goal.
From my estimation given what Ive read on forums, I could expect to keep roughly 10 lbs (4.5 kg) of actual muscle per cycle (after losing the water weight) which would mean that I would need about 3 cycles to achieve my goal.

So based on that rough back-of-the-napkin calculation, does it make sense to tailor my first cycle with the understanding that I will likely need to go on a further 2 cycles to achieve my goal? In the sense that perhaps I should consider blasting and then cruising in-between cycles until Ive finished my 3rd and final blast, or would that permanently damage the ability of my testicles to produce testosterone on their own?

Please feel free to absolutely bludgeon my post if it seems too pie-in-the-sky or just all around foolish, Im just yearning to learn from those that are much more experienced and knowledgeable than me,

thanks for your time

-loafie

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great intro, Lofie and welcome to UGB.

Ye from the US originally? Spotting the metric conversions makes me think ye might be a Euro?

Good on ye' for having thought through a plan. On the 10lbs per cycle, I'd not get hung up on that until ye see how yer body reacts to exogenous hormones. Same again with the number of cycles ye'll run - have a think on the possibility that after multiple cycles ye may not recover back to natty and could end-up on TRT for life (not tryin' to scare ye, just pointing out the very real possibility).

To yer goal physique, maintaining 8% year round could be tough. Diet will be the single most critical factor both in getting there and staying there. Talk a bit on that if ye would - have ye come up with the macros ye'll target during yer first run? Ye'll need a caloric surplus of course to gain the lean tissue ye want - ye thinking then of a conventional bulk / cut plan or ye trying to stay lean while adding mass? (difficult but not impossible)

Talk a bit as well about yer AI strategy and yer intended PCT. Best plan to have all yer ancillaries on-hand before ever going near a needle. Check out the 'First Cycle' sticky for some good guidance across the board.

Again, great first post and looking forward to yer progress!

- Savage

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
NS nails it.

Good head on “ye” Loafie. We’re happy to have “ye” here.

Welcome to The Underground

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
NS covered everything but this was my train of thought...

Like the rest of us that are new to it, you need to learn how your body reacts to different compounds before there’s an exact plan. Even then, it’ll change over time.

You'll most likely have an extra cutting cycle or two in there. Drugs aren’t needed for it but once you start the habit you’ll end up using them anyway.

Don’t cruise, let your natural production fully recover for a bit between each one or it’s TRY for life.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
welcome bud real nice intro...post up make friends

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UG Loafie.

Only wisdom I can add, is that progress is never linear. You didn't plan for speed bumps. Don't set yourself up for failure by having a rigid timeline that won't work.

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UG.
!S!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Good intro dude, you sound like a smart guy, welcome and here are my thoughts...
Really to achieve the goal you have set fourth (205 @ 8%) you would likely have to blast and cruise to do it in 3 cycles, not to mention your diet will need to be butthole tight and training captain insano. 8% will be difficult to maintain.
Now think about how long you would be on...
blast 16/cruise 12/blast 16/cruise 12/blast 16/ pct...
thats around 1.5 years. Your chances of running a pct and fully recovering your natty test probably won't be all that great, so quite a gamble.
Also once you pct and are completely off you will most likely lose much more than 10lbs.
I'm willing to bet, after 3 cycles blasting/cruising if done properly, you will most likely decide to stay on at that point to keep what you built and continue making gainz up to and past 220lbs.
This is a lifestyle choice, think long and hard about it, and if you choose this route stick around there's a lot of experienced guys here to help you on your journey. Best if luck- gibz

Merlin

Reaction score
Welcome to UG. The guys above hit it right on the head. There is no way to tell how your body will react to gear and having the rigid gains per cycle is just not very practical. The only way you could dial in your specific cycle gains would be to run multiple cycles, log compounds, log diet, log training and monitor. All of this recommend anyways if you want to get the most out of your cycles. This is a life style and POB said it best, who knows if something will come up like injury, knocked a girl up bc you are a walking sex machine, bad gear etc. Not trying to put bad vibes out there its just reality. Think of gear as an ancillary to everything else, its not a fix it all solution but it sounds like you have everything else in order. Remember its a marathon not a race.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
.... I first need to map out roughly how many cycles it would take me to achieve my goal.

One more is the normal answer.

There's a lot going on here and I'm not sure anyone could give you a solid answer. There's also so many other factors at play. I will say, you put together a very nice post and you seem to be into the details. This will help you get to where you want to be assuming you're happy with what you have when you get there.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
6’, 205 and 10% can be done naturally. Much harder of course. But doable. Especially considering your current stats.

8% isn’t maintainable without enhancement imo.

New Threads