Apple cider vinegar use and dosage?

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Hey guys a good freind of mine suggested useing raw apple cider vinegar with "the mother" for general well being and told me many benifits of its use. My question is... has anyone used it for anything and what dosage when? I have read before large carb meals or in the morning on empty stomach. What do you guys think?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
go for it. It's not going to hurt. I drink kombucha most days for the probiotics, etc. I dont think it does nearly everything everyone says it does, not even close... But if it's what some people need to make strides in the right directions then why not?

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
go for it. It's not going to hurt. I drink kombucha most days for the probiotics, etc. I dont think it does nearly everything everyone says it does, not even close... But if it's what some people need to make strides in the right directions then why not?
Ya I love kombucha I drink one a day usually. I just figured I'd give it a shot. I'm not needing it for weight loss considering I'm already at the dead end of my cut and am basically right under maintenance kcals. Just figured if its healthy it couldn't hurt. And it's only 5$ for a big bottle of it. I just used 2 tables spoons in a shot of water.

Merlin

Reaction score
Do not drink it raw. Dilute it with water. Take one shot daily. Works best in conjunction with a clean diet.

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Do not drink it raw. Dilute it with water. Take one shot daily. Works best in conjunction with a clean diet.
Ya I heard it's super acidic and bad for your teeth... as far as diet mines nice and clean... probably needs dialed in though I'm on a 40/40/20 at 2650 kcals but is adjusted with my workouts daily I'm at the tail end of a cut that went suprisingly well considering its my first serious cut I've done. My food mostly consists of brown rice boneless skinless chicken breast and mixed veggies.... lol I'm so tired of chicken... but it's the most bang for the buck

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I tried drinking a shotglass full every night because for some people, it keeps chiggers and ticks off. It didnt work for me. Didnt mind the taste all that much

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I drank it with water... gave up on it.

Do use it with baking soda on my acne.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Probiotics are a fad, just like Keto and crossfit.....

El Gringo

Reaction score
I add a teaspoon or so to my flavored BCAA's. I'm not some guy who thinks I need to constantly drink BCAA's every 4 hours. I just drink the the stuff a lot because it tastes good and almost 0 calories [I don't drink an juice or anything with calories, just water... and I guess flavored BCAA's.

adding a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar enhances the taste of my BCAA powder. instead of using a whole scope, I can use a 1/2 scoop and a teaspoon of vinegar and it'll be just as flavorful. I use Scivation Xtend, not sure if it works on the other brands...

Last edited:

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Doc says it could kill you. I stay away from the stuff. :32 (18):

Deadhead

Elite
Reaction score
Doc says it could kill you. I stay away from the stuff. :32 (18):
Ya I heard a Marlboro and a shot of whiskey is a better choice for digestive health anyway.

Reactions: Jin

New Threads