whole food plant based diet

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have made some dietary changes the last 6 months where I have pretty much cut out red meat. I have incorporated more vegan type meals to my diet. I am slowly increasing it as I learn more. I still eat free range organic chicken, lean Turkey, and wild caught fish such as Halibut, Cod and salmon. I dropped milk protein, and still use egg protein. I do supplement with Whey. As far as protein supplementation, whey is king. What I've started to add more is grains. Buckwheat, beans, millet, lentils. I've also added Spirulina and blue green algae. Stuff is freaking expensive though but it's a great source of protein. quinoa, Rice and pea protein is BEST when mixed together. I doubt I'll ever quit animal protein but some of the changes I've incorporated have made a big difference in how I feel and made me overall healthier. It's still a learning process but what's made it easier for me is I have no food allergies. Most important is making sure you're not deficient in your essential amino acids. I plan on lowering my intake of animal protein even more, not completely but I'm not ready yet either. One thing I stay away from is Soy. stay away from that crap.

Ive cut out all fatty cuts of steak. Im not dropping it, but I am trying to drop 75%+ of the fat i get from it.

Going fillet or just cutting fat off has helped me, I am also going to other areas and cutting out sugars, much more greens, fruits and less dairy has done me well. It is better on the body.

Being a new dad is quite busy, but with the diet changes and 2, 3 miles walks with baby/wife/dog and 3 times a wk in the gym for 90 min.......I have am more energetic, still making progress in body composition despite my losses in sleep.

im not for a whole plant diet, but dropping lots of standard foods for BBing is helping overall.

New Threads