Are Oral Steroids liver toxic

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
To some degree, yes.

By being taken orally they go from the digestive tract to the liver through the portal vein, the first pass you hear of.

There, the liver goes to work metabolizing the compounds, before any is released into the bloodstream, which is shown as elevated liver values on your blood tests.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
I don't know about zero toxicity, but 2 occur to me as very low toxicity.

Proviron is one. Does not do all the size and strength stuff people associate with steroids, but has other value users appreciate.

Primobolan Enanthate is an injectable, but Primo Acetate is an oral that also offers minimal toxicity. Either Primo will affect muscles in a good way, but less dramatically than most other steroids. Highly prized anyway, either ester is expensive and often counterfeited.

In the absence of an Intro post, I'll assume from this post you are new to the game? Not unlikely you are thinking about avoiding injecting? If so, that was difficult for many of us to wrap our minds around at first, but it's kinda unavoidable for long term success.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Any oral that is good to grow on is toxic

Grinch

Reaction score
I have been seeing that some people really like tbol, which I thought was on the lower side on the hepatotoxicity but, also has milder gains for most people. While dbol is on the higher end of hepatotoxicity and has more e sides but, can also get you some solid gains

Bundy's knows his shit though and I'm just fishing for clarification.
I also think there's supplements for liver support that most people take while running orals.
Again, I'm not the person to be taking advice from, I promise.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Bundy spent most of his life on White Castles, (real) Pizza, and Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.

and ... remember Liver values aren't the only thing Orals affect. Lipids, bp, lotsa stuff. That "lotsa stuff" is affected by injectables too, but I'm guessing Orals have more effect than injects on a mg-for-mg basis.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
All orals pass through the liver twice,
Some are more toxic than others

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dbol, Drol, and Especially halo can be liver toxic.

Like raw deal said - most people see worse blood work on orals then they do on most injectables. Goes way beyond liver values. Run a nice var cycle and check your HDL. Mines been down around 8.

Reactions: Jin

New Threads