High Calorie Protein shake brand or recipes

Cslogger515

Reaction score
Looking for some recommendations on protein shakes. What's your favorite brand and flavor or even homemade shake recipes. Looking for a higher calorie shake.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Optimum's Vanilla Ice Cream used to be my favorite. I used it as a base for mixing other things in it after having two pre-molars removed prior to getting my dental implants. I went six months where it was nearly impossible to eat my regular protein items due to not being able to chew.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I use Body Fortress but it's not high in calories; one of the reasons I use it. You want calories, use whole milk, more calories, add peanut butter and some sugar. Why anyone wants their protein shake to be high in calories is beyond me. I would rather eat more than drink my calories but that's me.

Just do me a favor, don't be posting a "How do I cut" thread in 3 months.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I use Body Fortress but it's not high in calories; one of the reasons I use it. You want calories, use whole milk, more calories, add peanut butter and some sugar. Why anyone wants their protein shake to be high in calories is beyond me. I would rather eat more than drink my calories but that's me.

Just do me a favor, don't be posting a "How do I cut" thread in 3 months.

You just made me think of that Southpark episode where Cartman took Weight Gain 2000 or something like that...

OTOH, one of my former coworkers experienced a health incident with his heart and had ingest more calories to keep from wasting away. Due to his condition, he couldn't lift heavy weights any longer. Imagine eating 3,000 calories per day, not lifting heavy, and still losing weight...

Ragingmenace223

Reaction score
i dont believe in weight gainers u have to drink so much it seems pointless to me.
i make mine as follows... 2 scoops protein ...i use on or nitro tech.
1 bananna
1.5 cups oats
chocolate syrup to liking
1 cup jiff pb
2 scoops of ice cream
just enough milk to make the right consistency
that will give you around 1000 cals or so. i have a good peanut butter chocolate chip protein ball recipe i like cause .i can just pop one in every half hour helps me a lot..i have not been eating them for a few months and have lost some weight so they really helped.if you want that recipe just search protein peanut butter balls and you will find it. its only pb,honey,cc,protein,oats...
the shake above tastes just like the hulk from smoothie king.
hope this helps

sfw509

Reaction score
Dymatize Elite Whey is my favorite. Vanilla is my go to. It's 140 calories a serving which seems to be a little bit higher than the 110-120 most others seem to be. If I remember correctly AllMax base a whey that's almost 200 calories.

Like the previous post stated if your not going to go with a true gainer just add whole milk, ice cream, pb, or syrup to up the calories. You could also buy a gainer and not use a whole serving.

joeyirish777

Reaction score
depending on your meaning of "high-calorie".... high calorie protein shakes dont exist. There are mass gainers but they are fundamentally flawed to use unless your extremely skinny combined with a really fast metabolism.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
My protein shake usually consist of a 16oz of water immediately following and sometimes during the chewing of 8-12oz of beef or chicken. My kids drank their protein out of a nipple attached to their mother but they grew up and grew teeth.

My other go to is using a tall glass and filling it up with fairlife milk.

I guarantee you that you will have much better results with my recipes than gulping down some synthetic garbage made of chemical byproducts and sugar.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
My protein shake usually consist of a 16oz of water immediately following and sometimes during the chewing of 8-12oz of beef or chicken. My kids drank their protein out of a nipple attached to their mother but they grew up and grew teeth.

My other go to is using a tall glass and filling it up with fairlife milk.

I guarantee you that you will have much better results with my recipes than gulping down some synthetic garbage made of chemical byproducts and sugar.

At the risk of getting a permanent ban, I’d love to eat beef five times a day, but my jaw hurts like hell when chewing more than 3-4 decent meals a day. Not exaggerating either, the guys I train with can’t put away as many calories as I can, but they go in chewing when my jaw is throbbing. Never been able to figure it out.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Had Met Rx protein pancakes today w almond butter & walnuts & blueberries w raw honey this morning!

Cslogger515

Reaction score
My bad I should've been more clear. I'm looking for a cleaner higher calorie protein shake around 600 calories without all of the fillers and stuff like in the mass gainers. I ment more on the homemade recipes of food in the shake like egg whites instead of protein powders.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
i dont believe in weight gainers u have to drink so much it seems pointless to me.
i make mine as follows... 2 scoops protein ...i use on or nitro tech.
1 bananna
1.5 cups oats
chocolate syrup to liking
1 cup jiff pb
2 scoops of ice cream
just enough milk to make the right consistency
that will give you around 1000 cals or so. i have a good peanut butter chocolate chip protein ball recipe i like cause .i can just pop one in every half hour helps me a lot..i have not been eating them for a few months and have lost some weight so they really helped.if you want that recipe just search protein peanut butter balls and you will find it. its only pb,honey,cc,protein,oats...
the shake above tastes just like the hulk from smoothie king.
hope this helps

Do you put that protein shake in a 5 gallon bucket? How do you fit all that in a shaker? lol

Reactions: Jin

bigdog

Elite
Reaction score
12 ozs whole milk,1 banana, 1 scoop BSN german chocolate whey, 4 poptarts(I use brown sugar and cinnamon flavor)…. Blend and drink up!

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
12 ozs whole milk,1 banana, 1 scoop BSN german chocolate whey, 4 poptarts(I use brown sugar and cinnamon flavor)…. Blend and drink up!

Do you really put poptarts in your shake? lol

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
I’ve got some teeth issues making chewing difficult and quarantine is making it difficult to fix so I’ve been doing 8oz of cooked chicken, couple bananas, berries, peanut butter and some sugar free chocolate jello pudding powder with some almond milk all blended up. Add in oatmeal for higher carb meals.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
Do you really put poptarts in your shake? lol
lucky charms.

i haven't had lucky charms in 2 weeks.

I’ve got some teeth issues making chewing difficult and quarantine is making it difficult to fix so I’ve been doing 8oz of cooked chicken, couple bananas, berries, peanut butter and some sugar free chocolate jello pudding powder with some almond milk all blended up. Add in oatmeal for higher carb meals.

you... blend your chicken?

brock8282

Elite
Reaction score
Like a lot of things in life.... Not as gross as you would think as long as you dont think about it.

New Threads