Lets discuss Protein

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was made fun of by German when I promoted Daves Bread....I make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with Daves Bread

Eggs taste good. Couple-four-five eggs over easy and a couple toasted slices of Dave's Good Bread and I'm set fer breakfast.

Them runny yolks over toast...mmmm...

Reaction score
Dave's bread is awesome! For some reason the seed bread makes me fart like crazy though. I stay away from that one lol.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Needed to add 'nother find, was new fer me at least. I like to keep a stash of quick protein in the freezer and I've run 'round these Trident Salmon Burgers at Costco recently.

Suffice to say, if yer in need of a burger fix but yer macros won't allow Five Guys or In & Out, these little beauties pack 20 grams of protein a pop in just 170 calories.

Ye can pop 'em in a toaster oven, grill 'em or fry 'em up. So easy a caveman like me can do it. Brioche bun, bit of hot sauce and yer good to go.

Reaction score
I get nonfat plain greek yogurt lately, I put it (1.25 cups) in a bowl, I add nature valley protein granola on top (2oz), I squeeze about a tablespoon or so of strawberry nestle quick on top (the liquid kind).

BOOM! 38g protein, healthy dessert

Or you can replace the nestle quick with honey if you really wanna be a tight ass.

Rgiles227

Reaction score
I get nonfat plain greek yogurt lately, I put it (1.25 cups) in a bowl, I add nature valley protein granola on top (2oz), I squeeze about a tablespoon or so of strawberry nestle quick on top (the liquid kind).

Or you can replace the nestle quick with honey if you really wanna be a tight ass.

I’ve thrown granola in my yogurt a bunch but the nestle sounds like a whole new level! Thanks for sharing!

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I do this but with a scoop of whey instead of the nestle

Reaction score
I do this but with a scoop of whey instead of the nestle

What kind / flavor of whey?

I think that protein granola I use has some whey mixed in somehow. I'm not sure how they make it have extra protein.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Myprotein whey isolate chocolate brownie or strawberries and cream

What kind / flavor of whey?

I think that protein granola I use has some whey mixed in somehow. I'm not sure how they make it have extra protein.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Non-fat greek yogurt makes a fine protein-centric sour cream substitute as well.

Been grilling steak fajitas when I've the chance the past few weeks, bit of hot sauce and some greek yogurt to top 'em off.

Extra 20 grams or so of casein protein in the mix.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I eat the Triple Zero Greek yogurt, I like the vanilla and am trying out the cherry and strawberry.

Non-fat greek yogurt makes a fine protein-centric sour cream substitute as well.

Been grilling steak fajitas when I've the chance the past few weeks, bit of hot sauce and some greek yogurt to top 'em off.

Extra 20 grams or so of casein protein in the mix.

Rgiles227

Reaction score
I eat the Triple Zero Greek yogurt, I like the vanilla and am trying out the cherry and strawberry.

I get those too, I love all the flavors but tend to just get the big tubs of vanilla for a better deal than all the individual cups but they are all good think.