New Protein Recommendations

Reaction score
Trying to get 200+ grams of protein daily is starting to get old when all I'm eating is chicken breast, egg whites, tuna, and protein shakes.

Are there any other simple protein-rich meals you guys would recommend? I'm lazy in the kitchen, so any easy recipes or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Cheers -

Reaction score
Lean ground beef, most white fish, certain cuts of pork like pork tenderloin. Fattier cuts of meat if your diet has room for it.

If you're bored with your food choices - just add more spices to it dude. The 10 extra calories you add to the meal are worth it.

Thrawn

Elite
Reaction score
Pork rinds. Almonds, lentils (Egyptian red lentil wot) homemade jerky, cheeses like Gamalost, cottage. Quark. And hard parmesan. Homemade protein bars. Yogurt , teff

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
chicken, tuna steaks, pork loin, white fish, egg whites, extra lean ground beef, whey isolate, etc.

If you're lazy, then just grill the meat and make a sweet potato or have some white rice. Personally I like more substance to my meals, but I also am fortunate enough to have the time to cook all my meals fresh.

BigChief1

Reaction score
I take in 250gr of protein a day. 50 grams comes from a shake the rest comes from lean meat. At this point it’s a habit and simple to do. One I first started I struggled just getting 150 gr protein in which included to many shakes.

Helped me to have everything for a day prepped/ weighed etc…. That way I could visually see how much shit I gotta eat to hit my numbers. Then every 2 hours I would chip away at it.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Seasoning goes a long way with chicken.

Greek yogurt is high in protein. As is cottage cheese.

Salmon is easy to get down, and tasty.

I can easily get 300+ grams per day. I have the opposite problem of you, I have to cut some OUT.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Seasoning goes a long way with chicken.

Greek yogurt is high in protein. As is cottage cheese.

Salmon is easy to get down, and tasty.

I can easily get 300+ grams per day. I have the opposite problem of you, I have to cut some OUT.
there's a lot to be said for low calorie sauces too. Either store bought or homemade. It's a game changer, especially if a person is lazy.

Reactions: CJ

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
there's a lot to be said for low calorie sauces too. Either store bought or homemade. It's a game changer, especially if a person is lazy.
I'm a fan of the Mccormick seasoning powders. I'll never get sick of Applewood or Honey Hickory.

I just add it to chicken and rice, after it's cooked, already in the containers.

Cajun seasoning on salmon, with a honey teriyaki drizzle, is great too.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
On the other hand I'm time poor. I try to eat it all in a bowel. I put tuna on my breakfast cereal. I eat a lot of stew meals cooked in the slow cooker or pressure cooker.
No need to add spices just find a low cal. sauce or gravy base to put on. Easy to eat fast to cook. Tastes great. Meat is tender moist. I cook whole chicken in a slow cooker with rice and veg. Let it simmer for a day and pull out the bones.

Reaction score
If I wasn’t trying not to get fat I would eat ground beef all day every meal..

White rice and ground beef in a bowl. 4-5 meals a day..
No problem getting your allotment.
Especially with a protein shake on top of it..

But I like the Vigina and jelly.

That juice that comes out of her is worth 50g of protien alone.

Jonjon

Reaction score
Here lately I just throw a bunch of chicken breasts in the crockpot for 2 or 3 hours, put it in a bowl and mash it up, then pour bbq sauce and stir.

I’ll eat that two or three meals.

10oz egg whites for breakfast and bowl of Greek yogurt.

Bowl of oikos Greek yogurt before bed, stir in a scoop of whey….

The wife cooks supper and always has 50g of protein for me in some form of meat.

My daily goal is 6 feedings with 40-50g of protein each time

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Trying to get 200+ grams of protein daily is starting to get old when all I'm eating is chicken breast, egg whites, tuna, and protein shakes.

Are there any other simple protein-rich meals you guys would recommend? I'm lazy in the kitchen, so any easy recipes or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Cheers -
Greek/Balkan/Icelandic yogurt, cottage cheese etc. are good high protein snacks if you get the low fat versions.

Steak is fantastic of course. If you’re worried about fats, eye of round has the highest protein to fat ratio of all cuts. It’s not the tastiest but it’s acceptable with some BBQ sauce.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Greek/Balkan/Icelandic yogurt, cottage cheese etc. are good high protein snacks if you get the low fat versions.

Steak is fantastic of course. If you’re worried about fats, eye of round has the highest protein to fat ratio of all cuts. It’s not the tastiest but it’s acceptable with some BBQ sauce.
I make my own ground beef using eye of round. Tastes pretty good IMO with some low calorie sauce on it, and macros are better than ground beef you get in the store.

Rickt

Elite
Reaction score
If I wasn’t trying not to get fat I would eat ground beef all day every meal..

White rice and ground beef in a bowl. 4-5 meals a day..
No problem getting your allotment.
Especially with a protein shake on top of it..

But I like the Vigina and jelly.

That juice that comes out of her is worth 50g of protien alone.
We bottle the stuff. For when the wife is on vacation but you still need to hit your macros.Screenshot_20231101-061229.jpg

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
2 cups oats, 1 cup greek yogurt, 2 scoops protein powder, 1-2c almond milk. Add fruit if you want, but you just mix it and put it overnight in a container. Like 80-90 grams of protein and filling and delicious. Super easy even for the lazy, do 3 at a time and you are gtg by morning.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
It is veeeeeery easy to get protein in if you pair incomplete proteins together to make a complete protein profile as well. Something I see zero people do. Rice, oats, bread, etc are all pretty high in protein. Pair them with milk, beans, or something that completes its amino acid profile and you pretty much double the protein you are eating without any extra food.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
It is veeeeeery easy to get protein in if you pair incomplete proteins together to make a complete protein profile as well. Something I see zero people do. Rice, oats, bread, etc are all pretty high in protein. Pair them with milk, beans, or something that completes its amino acid profile and you pretty much double the protein you are eating without any extra food.
We all eat those foods, and they very much count, but it is MUCH easier to up your total protein by eating actual complete protein sources.

Those incomplete proteins come with lots of carbohydrates, too. They're actually very LOW in protein, comparatively.

New Threads