Kisspeptin

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Wow. You guys act like I came on here and asked for an anadrol source. I said, "greetings and new to the forum," was I supposed to give my full name and address? SS#? I must have missed the part where I borrowed money from the forum to never repay it.
Everything I stated of myself is experience and fact. I don't see where any of it sounds arrogant or misleading. Because I have a degree? Because it is more important for me to help others, rather than charge like a lawyer?
"Come on here asking about PEDs." That's funny. Newsflash: Kisspeptin is not illegal.
I really only repsonded because of the brilliant copy/paste job concerning KP. Intravenous bolus pulse at .001-.3 ug/nl blah blah blah. If this were in Chinese, I would not be able to draw any less of a conclusion, but please go ahead and tell everyone how that translates to mcg or ius. Believe me, I searched and read one study after another, including the paste job.
KP may be replacing HCG soon, which is important to several of you. It woulf have made for a nice discussion. See, the post was to not just assist me, but help many of you in the not so distant future.
I disgress. I apologize for being sensitive. I simpky said greetings, new here and was curious about a non scheduled supplement. I read several posts and questions, and was anxious to offer my experience. It is just and only that, my experience. Doesn't make me smart or less humble. Instead I am greeted with, "make a proper introduction (exactly how on the internet??) otherwise, use google."
Good luck to all of you. Sorry I won't be able to stay, but it would be like going on a date, hearing about her history as a crack whore and taking her out again.

Regarding your last analogy, just so you can understand why some people reacted the way they did.... Was your intention to make an account, ask this one thing, and then never come back or contribute again? Do you think the members of UG bodybuilding are just a bunch of crack whores?

Can you understand a little bit as to why we want to feel like we're talking to a friend... or at least an acquaintance, as opposed to some John who wants us to suck on his micro-penis?

This can all be solved by going into the introduction and making a brief post about yourself (relevant to lifting, but you can add more if you want). It really doesn't have to be as in depth as you're thinking... you are free to skate the surface... The most important part is that you are genuine with the post.

I promise you that this forum is worth the small effort it takes to make an introduction post. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here, who provide the raw information needed. You don't have to worry about the forum trying to plug/force products on member's posts, and I also find that people here are open to discussing new ideas... where as other forums tend to get focused on bro-science as the bible. This is a good place to be on the internet.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
To show you why this forum is worth sticking around, I will provide you with information as to why you probably can't find dosage information.

Kisspeptin works through the pituitary axis... which is operating to produce LH to stimulate testosterone. As testosterone goes up, LH drops back down to regulate things.

When you take exogenous hormones, there is no need for the pituitary to tell your balls to make testosterone. So it goes to sleep basically until it realizes your test is too low.

This matters, because if kisspeptin depends on the pituitary, but the pituitary has gone on vacation because of exogenous testosterone, then kisspeptin isn't going to have any effect.

HCG doesn't have this problem because it resembles LH closely enough to be able to stimulate the testicles to produce hormone.

Now, with all that said. If you want to use kisspeptin, and you're natural, then you will need to review studies and convert the animal dose to the human equivalent dose. I've provided the formula for that below, though I would expect someone with your experience, background with peptides, and masters degree education to be familiar with this formula already.

Human equivalent dose (mg / kg) = (Animal NOAEL mg/kg) × (Weightanimal [kg]/Weighthuman [kg])^(0.33)

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
Just my opinion here, but I've been on most of the forums at one point or another, before settling here, and getting your balls busted a little is normal.

People on here are usually more gentle than what I've seen on other sites.

If you can't handle a little of that, and shrug it off, understanding it for what it is, then this may not be the right place for you. It isn't for everyone and membership is a privilege, not a right.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
If you’re interested in being part of the community, the members will know that if you write an introduction. Otherwise you’re likely better off using Google if you just want a question answered.

cheers.

Sorry my post raised your ire. Wasn’t my intent.

Wow.
I disgress. I apologize for being sensitive. I simpky said greetings, new here and was curious about a non scheduled supplement. I read several posts and questions, and was anxious to offer my experience. It is just and only that, my experience. Doesn't make me smart or less humble. Instead I am greeted with, "make a proper introduction (exactly how on the internet??) otherwise, use google."
Good luck to all of you. Sorry I won't be able to stay, but it would be like going on a date, hearing about her history as a crack whore and taking her out again.

Read what I actually wrote and then read how you perceived what I wrote.

I never instructed you do do anything. I made a simple, true statement that, taken at face value, would have helped you fit in here. Instead....

I even apologized and you’re still up in arms.

I tried:)

1bigun11

Elite
Reaction score
Sorry I won't be able to stay, but it would be like going on a date, hearing about her history as a crack whore and taking her out again.

Crack whore? You’re the one standing on the street corner with your ass hanging out, trying to flag down a date. We are the ones driving past, throwing Coke cans at your nasty ass. Don’t nobody want to date you!

But wait, you don’t charge do you? Hell, you’re not even a crack whore. You’re just a horny little slut looking for new dick in a new neighborhood, getting turned down by every John!

Good riddance.

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]I Am Jack's Inflamed Sense of Rejection.... lmaooooooooooo and snake said are u here to **** our sisters...... holy shit im dying over here[/FONT]

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Perhaps with 40+ years of lifting experience its time to retire ... you don't have tbe temperament from what you've demonstrated in the thread to benefit the community ... when a mod makes a simple recommendation it would have been far more beneficial to just comply ... despite your years of experience you've demonstrated a lack of common sense and perhaps more important an inability to show humility or respect ... their are people in this community far more knowledgeable than you ... which is why people new and old come here ... my recommendation would be to either start over or hit the bricks ... we'll be just fine either way ... lets remember it is you who came here ... either bury the condescending attitude or leave ... pretty simple ...

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
OP Join Date: 04/02/2021

OP Last Activity: 04/02/2021

:)

Apparently the Great Filter isn’t only for type II galactic civilizations.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
TWO Mods on my post like flies on shit ... wazzupwiddat :beaten:

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
Dr prescribe it to men on exogenous test which would seem to go against your argument that shut down pituitary would make it ineffective

Mhenshaw

Elite
Reaction score
Television. Television is the explanation for this - you see this in bad television. Little assault guys creeping through the vents, coming in through the ceiling - that James Bond shit never happens in real life! Professionals don't do that!
~ Paul Smecker, The Boondock Saints (1999).

My opinion... OP came in with a chip on their shoulder. Hell, if Jin pisses you off by trying to help you out... Damn.

Remember, OP's initials... B.S. :)
Sorry... had to.

Reaction score
I browse a lot of forums but this is the only one I've joined. The main reason is that the mods and senior members seem to filter out the BS. Too many forums are full of people trolling or trying to pimp some product. At the very least there are well meaning idiots on there, who are giving out bad and sometimes dangerous info.

Having the "gatekeepers" on this forum prevents that. It maintains the integrity of the forum.

I can login and read and be fairly confident that I'm getting good info from this forum.

Even though this is an online forum, it's still a type of community. Like any community you have to learn the social norms and customs before you are accepted.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Dr prescribe it to men on exogenous test which would seem to go against your argument that shut down pituitary would make it ineffective

Let's be very clear here... doctors, as in endocrinologist or urologists at conventional medical practices are prescribing it, or hormone clinics are prescribing it? Kisspeptin is not a prescription, anyone can get it. So doctors are not prescribing anything.

Now with that out of the way... kisspeptin is used for fertility purposes, similar to what HCG is used for in men.
However the difference here is that HCG directly binds to LH receptors to antagonize them, where as kisspeptin acts on hypothalamic neurons to stimulate the release of GnRH, and therefore acts through the pituitary to secrete LH and FSH.

The reason why this difference matters is because exogenous testosterone results in negative feedback of the hypothalamus pituitary testicular axis, which inhibits GnRH, and in turn inhibits the release of LH and FSH.

Is it possible that kisspeptin could work while on cycle... sure, I guess it's possible. However due to the way HPTA gets shut down, it seems unlikely to be efficacious in practice. I don't understand the logic why a doctor would "prescribe" kisspeptin over something like HCG which will directly antagonize the LH receptors instead of depending on a suppressed HPTA to secrete the hormones instead.

This paper is a slightly different use case, but the patients are similar in that they suffer from suppressed hypothalamic system, and in turn inhibited GnRH (just like people taking exogenous testosterone). It goes a step further to speculate that exogenous sex hormone may help make kisspeptin more efficacious, only to conclude that the test patients with inhibited HPTA did not respond to kisspeptin regardless if they were taking exogenous sex hormones or not.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6223246/#!po=41.8367

Please take no offense to the next part of what I'm about to say, but most doctors are either ignorant when it comes to this kind of thing, or they are acting as sales men and are simply pushing product (hormone clinics... aka the new pill mills). Based on my experience with trying to get help from "real" doctors, I am comfortable making the opinionated statement that there are at least several of us here who do understand more about how these compounds interact in the body than at least 50% of "real" doctors who say they prescribe TRT (but do everything in their power to not prescribe it).

Hormone clinics will.give you TRT, almost no questions asked... but they are also going to try to upsell you on anything else you're willing to buy. Expecting otherwise is like going into a car dealership thinking they will not try to upsell you on wheel/tire packages and extended warranties.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
@Dadbod The short version of what I wrote above... Many doctors are either sales men, or don't understand what is efficacious based on negative feedback from exogenous hormones. I question any doctor that would "prescribe" a peptide that only works through an already functioning HPTA, vs something like HCG that has no dependency on HPTA and antagonizes the LH receptors directly.

I acknowledge there's a small possibility there is merit to kisspeptin while on exogenous hormones/shutdown HPTA.. but simply looking at the MOA and a few studies indicate that this is not the case.

I do not pretend to be a doctor... at the same time also do not pretend that doctors know everything... as they have proven to me time and time again that collectively in the united states they seem to be behind on knowledge, or have a flat out misunderstanding on a number of these things. After all, most do everything they can to not prescribe TRT.

Reaction score
Let's be very clear here... doctors, as in endocrinologist or urologists at conventional medical practices are prescribing it, or hormone clinics are prescribing it? Kisspeptin is not a prescription, anyone can get it. So doctors are not prescribing anything.

Now with that out of the way... kisspeptin is used for fertility purposes, similar to what HCG is used for in men.
However the difference here is that HCG directly binds to LH receptors to antagonize them, where as kisspeptin acts on hypothalamic neurons to stimulate the release of GnRH, and therefore acts through the pituitary to secrete LH and FSH.

The reason why this difference matters is because exogenous testosterone results in negative feedback of the hypothalamus pituitary testicular axis, which inhibits GnRH, and in turn inhibits the release of LH and FSH.

Is it possible that kisspeptin could work while on cycle... sure, I guess it's possible. However due to the way HPTA gets shut down, it seems unlikely to be efficacious in practice. I don't understand the logic why a doctor would "prescribe" kisspeptin over something like HCG which will directly antagonize the LH receptors instead of depending on a suppressed HPTA to secrete the hormones instead.

This paper is a slightly different use case, but the patients are similar in that they suffer from suppressed hypothalamic system, and in turn inhibited GnRH (just like people taking exogenous testosterone). It goes a step further to speculate that exogenous sex hormone may help make kisspeptin more efficacious, only to conclude that the test patients with inhibited HPTA did not respond to kisspeptin regardless if they were taking exogenous sex hormones or not.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6223246/#!po=41.8367

Please take no offense to the next part of what I'm about to say, but most doctors are either ignorant when it comes to this kind of thing, or they are acting as sales men and are simply pushing product (hormone clinics... aka the new pill mills). Based on my experience with trying to get help from "real" doctors, I am comfortable making the opinionated statement that there are at least several of us here who do understand more about how these compounds interact in the body than at least 50% of "real" doctors who say they prescribe TRT (but do everything in their power to not prescribe it).

Hormone clinics will.give you TRT, almost no questions asked... but they are also going to try to upsell you on anything else you're willing to buy. Expecting otherwise is like going into a car dealership thinking they will not try to upsell you on wheel/tire packages and extended warranties.

They are not prescribign it thats not a prescription bottle of it right there?

Attachments

• image0 (9).jpg
    image0 (9).jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3