Just my luck! mono help

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So ive had a sore throat all week and headaches... and no energy, it turns out i have mono.. and not creatien kind haha. Just my luck! I feel like crap, i havn't had the energy to workout lately, now i know why! And i was just about to jump on a cycle, how long do you guys think i should wait? say in 2 or 3 weeks if my sore throat and headaches are gone could i go on cycle or would i have to wait alot longer then that, has anyone here had mono and went on cycle? aas wouldn't really hurt it would it? as long as i feel well again in a couple weeks and can push my self physically again, i know mono can take a long ass time to go away... Thx guys

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had Mono about 15yrs ago and it was prob the worst thing I have ever experienced. Had to take ice baths cause my fevers were so high and I lost about 20lbs in a month from being bedridden most of the time. Couldn't eat and could barely swallow any liquids I say, no rush. I know going back on cylce is exciting and you have been waiting, but your health is more important. Let your immune system do its thing and take it easy. For a proper timeline, I dont know. Thats up to you to get back.

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I had Mono about 15yrs ago and it was prob the worst thing I have ever experienced. Had to take ice baths cause my fevers were so high and I lost about 20lbs in a month from being bedridden most of the time. Couldn't eat and could barely swallow any liquids I say, no rush. I know going back on cylce is exciting and you have been waiting, but your health is more important. Let your immune system do its thing and take it easy. For a proper timeline, I dont know. Thats up to you to get back.

I can barely swallow water to.. I was thinking wait until the fever/sore throat and any actual symptoms of sickness are gone, get my diet back in check and start hitting the gym, if i can workout for a week or two and feel good im probably fine to go on cycle? dose anyone know anything about AAS weakening the immune system?

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but what the hell is mono?

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did they do a mono spot test? Mono you have to worry about your spleen, mostly, and energy depletion....nothing contact wise, I've even read for up to a year in severe cases....however, your doctor should be able to monitor for the acute spleen and act accordingly if he's worth his degree

musclebird

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Did they do a mono spot test? Mono you have to worry about your spleen, mostly, and energy depletion....nothing contact wise, I've even read for up to a year in severe cases....however, your doctor should be able to monitor for the acute spleen and act accordingly if he's worth his degree

Yah i had a spot done and it came up positive, this blows! haha and i kick box and participate in MMA as well so non of that now... i defiantly don't think ill have to worry about my spleen lifting weights, im a BB not a power lifter.. I just want to know if AAS would actually hurt mono, like say if one were to do a 500mg/week cycle and not workout or do any kind of lifting would that make the mono symptoms worse just the AAS alone, if yes then i would stay away from a cycle for the next while, ive read the sick symptoms of mono go away after 2-4 weeks so maybe i could start up then

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but what the hell is mono?

Mono is when you unexpectedly recieve a little foreigner in the mail, usually from Japan or Cambodia, usually it's a male and under the age of 14.. little bastard will get in the way from time to time but it's okay if you can balance things in your life, kinda like jury duty..hope this helped jada

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Muaclebird, please rest and hold off for your cycle.. people react differently when starting gear and you don't want anything to happen to your immune system.

Wait until you get.rid.of the mono and then start away

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Exactly. forget cycling for now or in the immediate future....get healthy...mono is nothing to take lightly

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Honestly, just rest up and worry about the gym/cycle later. Wait till you are back into your groove of gyming/dieting before a cycle.

I was sick with a horrid cough for two weeks last year. Kept pushing myself and working out. Finally one day I started to have upper back pains. Turned out to be my lungs. Anyways, kept pushing and finally coughed hard and felt a crack/pop. Thought I fucking shattered a rib. Ended up with a partially collapsed lung and couldn't workout out at all for 6 weeks. Moral of the story, stay the fuck in bed. It'll get you back into the gym sooner.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The sickness I had was pneumonia. There are certain things you dont push through or fuck with...one of them is mono. Stay home. Also, if you're at home you can't give that shit to people like me hahaha.