Another new guy here

Reaction score
Hi guys, I appreciate this site and the knowledge here (also the lack of bullshit). I am looking to learn about TRT and helping my performance.

I'm 53 yo, 6', 240 lbs. about 22% body fat. As my handle indicates I was a recon marine from 85-89. I have been in killer shape for most of my life. I still lift 4-5 x/wk. My big 3 numbers are bench 295, squat A to G 315, Dead 385.

Mine is the same old story. Motivation is fading, I have to MAKE myself go to the gym where I used to love it. Dick is refusing to cooperate sometimes, belly fat is getting out of control. I quit drinking, the belly fat stayed, I dieted the belly fat stayed. I am currently doing intermittent fasting and seeing some good results.

I have never run a cycle of anything. I never needed it before. I was a beast in my 30's. Many of you will identify. You are big and in shape so most of the time people don't f#ck with you. I'm still a good sized boy, but I'm getting fat and losing the edge. I have all of the symptoms of low T. I plan on getting bloods done to establish a baseline before I start anything.

I'm still deciding whether to go through my doc or to go UGL. Due to Obama care I have catastrophic insurance in case of heart attacks or cancer or some shit like that, but for the first 5 grand a year I pay (the joys of self-employment).

So what I'm expecting from running test? Get my energy levels back up, drop fat, sleep better, f#ck more, continue being f#cking awesome.

Thanks for the site and all the help learning how to navigate the maze.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Semper Fi, warrior.
Welcome to the UG. Great diet and training knowledge here.
I hope TRT changes your life for the better.
Best of luck.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome to UG. I have two comments on your situation.

1. If intermittent fasting is working but "dieting" didn't then you were maybe still eating too much still. Or you were impatient. Often times the fat on your abs is the last to go.

2. Get bloodwork done. Privatemdlabs and get the female hormone panel. Might even be discount codes somewhere in our trt forum. That will indicate whether trt is needed.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Semper fi brother. POB is right, that belly fat can be the last ship to leave port. Welcome to UGBB and keep us posted on the quest for TRT.

Solomc

Elite
Reaction score
So what I'm expecting from running test?

Get my energy levels back up. sure I guess to an extent but most of your energy will come from what you are eating

drop fat some but again that will come from your diet

sleep betters not really at least not in my experience unless your drained from training and fuking all the time

f#ck more if the mr./mrs. lets you then yes. Lol

continue being f#cking awesome. this part is entirely up to you

But you forgot about getting ****ing huge? Or was that the part about being ****ing awesome.

Welcome aboard solo

bronco

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard

Reaction score
Yeah! Sorry, I thought the Hoooge part was understood. Bigger, Badder, Better

So what I'm expecting from running test?

Get my energy levels back up. sure I guess to an extent but most of your energy will come from what you are eating

drop fat some but again that will come from your diet

sleep betters not really at least not in my experience unless your drained from training and fuking all the time

f#ck more if the mr./mrs. lets you then yes. Lol

continue being f#cking awesome. this part is entirely up to you

But you forgot about getting ****ing huge? Or was that the part about being ****ing awesome.

Welcome aboard solo

Reaction score
Welcome to UG. The TRT will definitely help with the belly fat, mine melted away after a few months of treatment.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the board

Runningwild

Elite
Reaction score
Welcome man, you have come to the right place. When I finally went on TRT my life changed for the better. I knew I wasn't feeling like I should and didn't realize exactly how bad it was until about 3 months of TRT when I finally felt normal again. Definitely a life changer. Good luck man and glad to have you, lots of great advice and great guys here

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Nice into man..
Welcome to ug.. clean up your diet and do more cardio.
Diet and hydration along with good sleep will get your energy back up and lower that fat count

New Threads