Anyone's sleep suffer after adding HGH?

Oakley6575

Reaction score
Just wanted to get an idea of how everyone else responded after adding growth in. I just added 1.5iu right when I wake up before fasted cardio, and 1.5iu right before I go to bed. The past two nights, my sleep has been shit. I was expecting the opposite to happen. :ROFLMAO:

I'm injecting my am dose IM, and my night time dose sub q. I don't feel drowsy at all during the day or after my morning dose but at night, I wake up a couple hours after going to sleep and I'm super out of it and drowsy. Like noticeably different than before adding growth. You'd think that would be a positive and I would sleep my ass off, but I find myself waking up every hour or so throughout the night. These last two nights have felt like an eternity.

I know I'm only a couple nights in but was wondering how everyone else reacted at first. Is this something that will take time for my body to get used to and I'll eventually sleep like a baby or is this a weird side effect only I'm experiencing?

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
My sleep improved with GH.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have taken human grade gh on and offer over the past 10 years ... a couple days is not enough time to determine anything with certainty ... I would recommend logging your reactions and tracking for 30 days ...

Have you experienced any of the more typical sides of gh such a tingling hands / finders (Carpal tunnel syndrome like feelings) ... if so -- good that is like legit gh ... if not the only way to know is through blood testing later ...

Oakley6575

Reaction score
I have taken human grade gh on and offer over the past 10 years ... a couple days is not enough time to determine anything with certainty ... I would recommend logging your reactions and tracking for 30 days ...

Have you experienced any of the more typical sides of gh such a tingling hands / finders (Carpal tunnel syndrome like feelings) ... if so -- good that is like legit gh ... if not the only way to know is through blood testing later ...
I agree! I have not had any other typical GH sides as you mentioned. GH is the only thing that I've changed and my sleep took a huge hit the past couple nights. I'll continue to log my results as the days/weeks go on. Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I agree! I have not had any other typical GH sides as you mentioned. GH is the only thing that I've changed and my sleep took a huge hit the past couple nights. I'll continue to log my results as the days/weeks go on. Just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.
Sides are not necessarily an indication of your GH is legit or not. Most sides are dose dependent, or individual dependent.

I wouldn't rely on side effects to validate if the GH you have is good or not. What I would have done is get baseline IGF bloodwork, then take GH for 5-8 weeks and get tested again. Bare in mind that you'd have to be taking more than just a replacement dose for these tests to confirm anything.

Alternatively you could shoot 10iu 3 hours before blood work and get a GH test. I've never liked this method, mostly because of the timing and large bolus dosage.

lfod14

Reaction score
Sleep should improve, but going from 0 to 3iu could also be it. Many people have to go slow, but even then it takes a week or so to get the "bad" like carpal tunnel, tingling etc. Then of course comes to your GH itself, assuming it's not pharma, is it a quality generic, or noname China shit, because that stuff is all over the place.

Reaction score
I'm running 2iu each night at at bed time. My sleep has drastically improved. I was warned that more then 2 may screw with me and quality of life until I became used to it.
If this is your first time maybe lower it down to just 2 iu per day. How long after eating are you waiting to pin your night shot? I'll wait at least 3 hours after eating then pin.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I've gone as high as 4iu.
Played with all kinds of timing, morning, night, pre workout, post meal ect ect ect

No matter the timing and as low of a dose as 2iu I noticed sleep improvements very quickly.

I expect your couple nights of bad sleep are unrelated to the GH itself

Oakley6575

Reaction score
I'm running 2iu each night at at bed time. My sleep has drastically improved. I was warned that more then 2 may screw with me and quality of life until I became used to it.
If this is your first time maybe lower it down to just 2 iu per day. How long after eating are you waiting to pin your night shot? I'll wait at least 3 hours after eating then pin.
Last bit of food I have is at 8:30pm and then I pin my 1.5iu night time dose at 10pm.

I've gone as high as 4iu.
Played with all kinds of timing, morning, night, pre workout, post meal ect ect ect

No matter the timing and as low of a dose as 2iu I noticed sleep improvements very quickly.

I expect your couple nights of bad sleep are unrelated to the GH itself
Thanks bud!

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sleep typically will improve for the most part. Dose dependent for a lot of other things but your sleep should improve. It won’t be a drastic like OMG that was great immediate thing but over time you’ll notice. I get the same be that 2iu or 8th, it’s the other annoying sides that change quick. Feet swell gotta loosen the shoe laces at 6iu. 2iu makes my fingers hurt but the sleep is the same good sleep overtime .

Oakley6575

Reaction score
Last night was my first solid night of sleep after starting GH. I did have to get up at 5:30am yesterday morning so I don't know if that had anything to do with it but I did also take a nap midday so I'm assuming not.

I feel like bf is coming off quicker now. We'll see how I feel this week.

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a threadjack but why pin GH at night prior to our natural levels being elevated during sleep? I pin 3iu in the AM with good results but wonder if I'm missing out on something?

Oakley6575

Reaction score
Take this with a grain of salt since I'm no GH expert. This is just what I've gathered from the research I've done before starting GH..

GH has an active life of 7 hours. But its effects on elevating IGF-1 lasts for about 30 hours. You're body isn't going to release GH at night if your IGF-1 levels are elevated. Also, you don't get any lipolisys benefits over 1.35iu of GH. So pinning 1.35iu at a time, or 5iu at a time, won't make any difference in how much fat you are able to burn after pinning.

So in my head, why inject more than 1.5iu in the am before fasted cardio? It makes more sense to me to break up your injections throughout the day in 1.5iu - 2iu increments and deploy them when it will most benefit you.

Since I don't think my body will be releasing any gh at night when it normally does because of my morning dose, it made sense for me to take advantage AM, and pre-bed for my goals. If I was taking more than 3iu/day, I'd break it up AM, pre, post, and pre-bed.

Thats just what makes sense to me with the info I think I know at this point. Someone can correct me or throw any info that I'm wrong about out there so I can do more research on it.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I hope this isn't a threadjack but why pin GH at night prior to our natural levels being elevated during sleep? I pin 3iu in the AM with good results but wonder if I'm missing out on something?
the "when do you take your GH" argument is as old as bodybuilding forums have existed.

some people are very adamant about one way or another, end of the day it doesnt matter a ton.

I liked pre bed dosing because it was easy to remember, but switched to first thing dosing before fasted cardio when i was in prep because THEORETICALLY that methodology MIGHT help more with fatloss.

but all in all GH's effects are so wide spread and marginal its impossible to say for absolute certainty when the best time to dose it is.
pick the dogma that sounds better to you and a time that you can remember and have at it.

Oakley6575

Reaction score
Agreed.. Consistency is the most important aspect.

Dorian said he liked 16iu EOD over 8iu daily after looking back at his log book. For some reason he said he progressed better doing that over daily doses...

Oakley6575

Reaction score
Do you guys reconstitute all 10 vials of GH and put them in the fridge or do them one at a time as you need them?

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
Do you guys reconstitute all 10 vials of GH and put them in the fridge or do them one at a time as you need them?
i reconstitute whatever i need for the week at once