Best Brace/Treatment for Tennis Elbow?

Reaction score
I got pretty bad tennis elbow. Any one know of a proven method to fix it? There are a lot of wacky looking braces on amazon and I dont know which are gonna be useful

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
Dude I tried so many braces and wraps for my golfer's elbow and I swear that all they did was make it worse. I was trying to work with layer after layer of compression and it got worse and worse to the point where my grip was severely weakened and an almost useless arm.

What finally helped was voodoo flossing it a couple times a day and otherwise leaving it alone. After reading a lot of papers I found out that tendons don't have a lot of blood vessels and the body responds to injury by actually forming new temporary ones in the tendon while it's healing. I figure that a lot of compression might just be messing with blood flow there which is what a tendon injury needs a lot of. Just my 2c..some people have luck with the braces that have like a knob that adds extra compression to that area but I never did.

Reaction score
The answer everyone hates is first.
1. Rest
2. Aleve or your Ibuprofen of choice.
3. Ice. As much as you can handle. 15 minutes at a time.

These 3 things will give you the fastest relief. Then you can try to analyze which lifts are causing this. Then figure out where the motion is off, which wraps or braces may help you.

Picking a proper brace while injured is hard. Braces remove mobility which can create stress in other areas.

Jonjon

Reaction score
F642E1A5-6B88-4759-A971-10F3522D9E63.png

I’m not kidding. Pick up a similar product at local feed store. Seems to Help speed up the healing process and definitely helps pain

Reaction score
Thanks all. I'll try some of these and watch videos on proper form before starting up again. im guessing my form is off somewhere. I think its most effected when I do pullups. ive got one of those that fits in your doorway. i think its the culprit

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
Thanks all. I'll try some of these and watch videos on proper form before starting up again. im guessing my form is off somewhere. I think its most effected when I do pullups. ive got one of those that fits in your doorway. i think its the culprit
Try neutral grip if your bar has the option. I find it easier on the old elbows.

Reaction score
Preacher curls will do it if you don’t lock your wrists. Especially a narrow grip on the bar.

Any tricep exercise other than narrow bench. Pulldowns do it, scullcrushers do it, even the useless kickbacks. They all put a lot of tension on that tendon.

New Threads