Can cycling positively influence test levels, after coming off?

Itburnstopee

Elite
Reaction score
This is actually a two part thread. Would it be beneficial to increase my natural test production (through means of diet manipulation/ exercise) before ever starting any cycles, or is there no difference what my natural levels are so long as I have the discipline of dieting/lifting correctly and consistently and a base built up? EDIT: to rephrase this, do starting natty test levels make a difference before starting gear

I'm wondering if it would possibly somehow increase natural test production after coming off cycle and doing pct if done properly would that bring my natural test levels up?

I think it's obvious more and heavier/more intense cycles would increase the risk of suppression and any negatives, but what about only doing a couple more mild cycles

Last edited:

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Your natty levels are *almost* irrelevant to cycling. Higher initial natty levels may offer you an opportunity to build a better base before starting AAS but after starting, it all goes out the window.

When you run gear, you shut down your natural production entirely. That happens even on TRT doses that keep your levels in range. The HPTA works in a feedback loop to prevent hyper/hypogonadal conditions. When your HPTA detects adequate levels of test, the pituitary stops sending LH signals to the testes and they stop producing test. Test levels drop, LH signals increase again and your natural production ramps back up. When you're supplementing test, you never reach the point where your body detects low test unless you come off entirely.

The entire point of running a cycle is to achieve supraphsiological levels.

Test is test, the body doesn't really care where it comes from, that's why I bring up guys on TRT. Their HPTA detects test at 900 ng/dl for example and sees no reason to produce any of it's own.

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you have shit levels now. Then did a cycle then did a great pct you could see a bump after pct.

Oblivious

Reaction score
I did an HCG run for 8 weeks of 3k a week one time, it actully helped boost by test for months after

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
If you have shit levels now. Then did a cycle then did a great pct you could see a bump after pct.

Or just skip the cycle and run pct?

the cycle: it helps or no?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I don't see how taking test on cycle could do anything to increase your natural production since it completely shuts you down. PCT on the other hand is used for that very purpose. I have heard that cycles of HCG for extended period may help. I still don't know that it would help long term though.

Interesting thread though. I would be curious of a protocol that would give a long term natural test production as I am sure every weightlifter, powerlifter and bodybuilder would too lol

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Squat and deadlift heavy to keep natty test up. Jk... but not really... I think there are ways to boost test and I do think a proper pct does help that’s all speculation and personal experience tho no science behind my reasoning.

widehips71

Elite
Reaction score
How you respond is so individual it's impossible to accurately predict how your body will react. Too many unaccounted factors involved.

Itburnstopee

Elite
Reaction score
Squat and deadlift heavy to keep natty test up. Jk... but not really... I think there are ways to boost test and I do think a proper pct does help that’s all speculation and personal experience tho no science behind my reasoning.
Heavy squats and deads definitely leave me with a sort of alpha feeling for a few days