Chronic low back disc issues, will Testosterone help with healing?

Reaction score
So I had a few back injuries, and now im at this point where my back has been quite fragile for 2 years. Ive been hitting the gym with just ostarine to heal it, and its going alright, but I made a small mistake lifting a toolbox, now im feeling like I did months ago.

What I want to know is if test will help this heal faster, I understand it may not heal the disc, but the inflammation and stabilizer muscles. I already have a legit source, I just want to get feedback on what to take, and how much, or if this is just fucking stupid.

Its to the point that id trade 2 of my fingers to have my back healed. Im 25, not interested in body building or getting jacked. I keep reinjuring my back before it fully heals, and its healing so slow thats almost unavoidable, so im trying to speed things up.

Ive done a bit of research, im not some dumb 16 year old wanting to blast shit, take random internet prescribed pct and end up fucked up. Id even be willing to do this through a clinic if needed, I just want to know if its got any merit. The main reason I considered this is because a guy at work had a few bad injuries he healed with test.

GreatGunz

Elite
Reaction score
Bro test will help with healing and such but sounds like it’s time for an mri and get it fixed.
I’ve already had lower back surgery……glad I did it.
U can only heal so much before medical help becomes a must.
Test will not help disc issues

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
So I had a few back injuries, and now im at this point where my back has been quite fragile for 2 years. Ive been hitting the gym with just ostarine to heal it, and its going alright, but I made a small mistake lifting a toolbox, now im feeling like I did months ago.

What I want to know is if test will help this heal faster, I understand it may not heal the disc, but the inflammation and stabilizer muscles. I already have a legit source, I just want to get feedback on what to take, and how much, or if this is just fucking stupid.

Its to the point that id trade 2 of my fingers to have my back healed. Im 25, not interested in body building or getting jacked. I keep reinjuring my back before it fully heals, and its healing so slow thats almost unavoidable, so im trying to speed things up.

Ive done a bit of research, im not some dumb 16 year old wanting to blast shit, take random internet prescribed pct and end up fucked up. Id even be willing to do this through a clinic if needed, I just want to know if its got any merit. The main reason I considered this is because a guy at work had a few bad injuries he healed with test.

No

Your friend at work didnt heal ACTUAL injuries with Test

Total nonsense.

If its bad enough, you would see a doctor, get a diagnosis and seek a treatment plan.

Instead youre taking Ostarine..
You also said "Internet prescribed PCT"
Meaning you're not on TRT

Meaning youre crashing your test
Meaning youre crashing your e2 with Ostarine
Meaning , unlike what you said, you are retarded
Meaning youre literally making things worse

See a doctor and stop being a tool

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’ve been down this road a couple of times already. Simple answer is you need to start with PT to address any underlying muscle imbalances, functional assessment, flexibility, strength of opposing muscle groups etc. this is also required by most insurances nowadays in order to get an mri. PT can help tremendously especially if your PT does manual therapy alongside traditional PT. Do you have any sciatica along with your back pain? Testosterone may help indirectly but you need to get to the root cause of WHY your back is fucked up and also how to avoid certain postures, positions etc. Good luck man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If its bad enough, you would see a doctor, get a diagnosis and seek a treatment plan.
Well I live in america and thats not as cheap as you may think.
Meaning you're not on TRT
Why would I ask about taking test if im on test? fucking retard
Meaning youre crashing your test
Meaning youre crashing your e2 with Ostarine
Meaning , unlike what you said, you are retarded
Meaning youre literally making things worse
Im taking a low dose of ostarine, and ive played around with it enough to tell when its suppressing me, ive only had suppression on 20+mg. Im using about 15mg per day and its helped a lot. Keep in mind im not some low test guy asking if I should take test, im asking if test could help me heal this faster.
See a doctor and stop being a tool
well you see, I did, and ill get to that in a minute.
I’ve been down this road a couple of times already. Simple answer is you need to start with PT to address any underlying muscle imbalances, functional assessment, flexibility, strength of opposing muscle groups etc. this is also required by most insurances nowadays in order to get an mri. PT can help tremendously especially if your PT does manual therapy alongside traditional PT. Do you have any sciatica along with your back pain? Testosterone may help indirectly but you need to get to the root cause of WHY your back is fucked up and also how to avoid certain postures, positions etc. Good luck man.

Ive gone to a chiropractor and gotten an xray. My symptoms are strange and the xray came back fine. I only got sciatica twice, both times I had pushed myself too hard, both times I stopped what I was doing immediately.
Now I had multiple back injuries, that I didnt realize were even there. After seeing the chiropractor, my issue with low back pain from standing still, and doing leg lifts, was gone. That was an issue I had for most of my life. My back definitely improved after seeing him. At this point the only thing I can do is get an mri, because the xray shows everything is fine. I dont believe I can afford pt.

I guess im not sure what I expected asking in the first place. Ive put off the mri, because it seems the only answer now is going to be grave. Ill think about it.
I appreciate your, non-douche response.

Reaction score
Bro test will help with healing and such but sounds like it’s time for an mri and get it fixed.
I’ve already had lower back surgery……glad I did it.
U can only heal so much before medical help becomes a must.
Test will not help disc issues
Right, it was sort of wishful thinking. Its gone on long enough, its not going to heal on its own.
Im going to see if my chiro can order an mri, to see where im at.
what sort of back surgery did you end up getting?

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Im taking a low dose of ostarine, and ive played around with it enough to tell when its suppressing me, ive only had suppression on 20+mg. Im using about 15mg per day and its helped a lot. Keep in mind im not some low test guy asking if I should take test, im asking if test could help me heal this faster.

Ive gone to a chiropractor and gotten an xray. My symptoms are strange and the xray came back fine. I only got sciatica twice, both times I had pushed myself too hard, both times I stopped what I was doing immediately.
Now I had multiple back injuries, that I didnt realize were even there. After seeing the chiropractor, my issue with low back pain from standing still, and doing leg lifts, was gone. That was an issue I had for most of my life. My back definitely improved after seeing him. At this point the only thing I can do is get an mri, because the xray shows everything is fine. I dont believe I can afford pt.

I guess im not sure what I expected asking in the first place. Ive put off the mri, because it seems the only answer now is going to be grave. Ill think about it.

Your absolutely right healthcare in America is very expensive especially if your paying out of pocket. If you can get the MRI first that would be helpful but many insurance companies won’t cover an MRI without several weeks of PT. I did the whole round of PT but still ended up having back surgery. I’m almost 6 months post op and sciatica is so much better. Let me know if you have any questions.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
No test will not help your back. No a chiropractor will not help your back. And no, an xray isn't gonna tell you what's going in your back. So that you know from whence I tell you this 1) treating chronic back pain patients and my experience and education as an anesthesia provider 2) personal experience with 3 shitty disc's. Two MRIs, PT, traction, epidural steroid injections, and a trip to see the neurosurgeon.
It never ceases to amaze me on this board how guys will spend money and time on training, diet, hormones, and ask a bunch of strangers about what they should do, but won't spend the money or time to see the correct health care provider to find out definitively what's wrong with them. That's like continuing to pour oil into your car but you don't want to spend to find out why the fk you're losing oil.
Physical exam by an orthopedic surgeon and an MRI are what's needed to determine what really going on in your back. Then the appropriate rehab and paying attention to what you're doing (ie being mindful of your back) follow. There's a lot you can do in the gym around d a bad back and there's a lot you can do in the gym to get that back better. Disc bulges, herniation, and even protrusion all have a certain percent of resolving without surgery. If anyone has any questions you can PM me. Besides my personal and work experience I work with an orthopedic surgeon with a spine subspecialty once or twice a week.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score

Got Bloodwork on that e2?

No?
So how can you know?
You dont
You're crashing e2 and destroying elasticity, hurting yourself
Then i stand by my previous point

You're a retard and a bitch

Imagine being a fucking Moron and telling someone that is smarter than you, more experienced than you and giving you information ... a retard.

If it was serious, you would find a way to see a doctor
A CT is cheap, PT is like 50 bucks a week

I suggest no one helps this mouthy little know it all fuck.

Take some Test, despite medical knowledge, im sure it will fix your unknown injury which is probably not that bad anyways

Fucking kids these days.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
No test will not help your back. No a chiropractor will not help your back. And no, an xray isn't gonna tell you what's going in your back. So that you know from whence I tell you this 1) treating chronic back pain patients and my experience and education as an anesthesia provider 2) personal experience with 3 shitty disc's. Two MRIs, PT, traction, epidural steroid injections, and a trip to see the neurosurgeon.
It never ceases to amaze me on this board how guys will spend money and time on training, diet, hormones, and ask a bunch of strangers about what they should do, but won't spend the money or time to see the correct health care provider to find out definitively what's wrong with them. That's like continuing to pour oil into your car but you don't want to spend to find out why the fk you're losing oil.
Physical exam by an orthopedic surgeon and an MRI are what's needed to determine what really going on in your back. Then the appropriate rehab and paying attention to what you're doing (ie being mindful of your back) follow. There's a lot you can do in the gym around d a bad back and there's a lot you can do in the gym to get that back better. Disc bulges, herniation, and even protrusion all have a certain percent of resolving without surgery. If anyone has any questions you can PM me. Besides my personal and work experience I work with an orthopedic surgeon with a spine subspecialty once or twice a week.
That's about all you need to know right there.

Reader591

Reaction score

Maybe I’m missing something you said, but what makes you think you have a disk problem to begin with? I’m not saying you do or don’t, but do you know how many people have simple issues with QL tightness that can be debilitating in pain and feel like low back problems? Of course, get yourself properly checked out. I’m just curious what these problems you have are, your injuries, and what your pain is.

And why are you on osterine?

Reaction score
Yeah, im going to get it checked out. The main reason ive avoided it as much as I have, is that our medical industry is extremely predatory and ive seen many cases of people getting talked into spinal fusions and other surgeries, that end up ruining their lives.
No?
So how can you know?
You dont
You're crashing e2 and destroying elasticity, hurting yourself
Then i stand by my previous point
Ive come off my ostarine dose cold turkey a few times with no sides, implying no test suppression, implying no low e.
I havent gotten bloods, so who knows, but the logic is there.
You're a retard and a bitch
This is our song now:
A CT is cheap, PT is like 50 bucks a week
I had no idea it was that cheap, thanks!
I dont really believe that though, well see.
I suggest no one helps this mouthy little know it all fuck.
Too late! :p
unknown injury which is probably not that bad anyways
thats what everyone assumes when a young fit guy is injured. its pretty infuriating asking old men for help, and them thinking youre just lazy.
Fucking kids these days.
I agree, fucking kids and their tiktoks, instagrams, and dating apps.
Maybe I’m missing something you said, but what makes you think you have a disk problem to begin with?
Well its a mess. So originally I was doing manual labor, woke up one morning unable to move. I put off going to the doctor for an absolutely absurd entire year. Once I saw the doctor, I went to a chiro, he fixed some issues I was having, went back to the doctor and he said it seemed to be a muscle issue. That is why I started the ostarine, to strengthen all my stabilizer muscles and heal faster. It was working really well. Im actually thinking now it was the exercise I was doing that messed with my back recently. I went from bending forward hurting, to standing straight hurting, and bending forward feeling good. One day at work after moving semi batteries, my back was aching, I leaned back and pushed my back forward, something moved, and I felt fucking amazing until I moronically slammed my ass into a chair and jarred it back to feeling how it was.
QL tightness
What is QL?
I’m just curious what these problems you have are, your injuries, and what your pain is.
it seems like my disc isnt centered. My pain is sharp if I irritate it, if I keep irritating it I get instability and sciatica. Ive only had sciatica twice in the 2 years ive been injured.
And why are you on osterine?
To help build stabilizer muscles faster, and lose some weight. I put on about 30 lbs being unable to work, coming from hard manual labor.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Ive come off my ostarine dose cold turkey a few times with no sides, implying no test suppression, implying no low e.
I havent gotten bloods, so who knows, but the logic is there
Exactly, no bloods... and your logic is 100% wrong. A lack of symptoms is not evidence of no suppression.

Ostarine does suppress; albeit not as strongly as compounds. If you had gotten pre blood work, and post blood work, you would see that your testosterone levels would be significantly lower after you dropped ostarine.

I have tried ostarine before I got on TRT, and bloodwork showed it lowered my testosterone levels by roughly 50-60%.

silentlemon1011

Resident Jizz Towel
Reaction score
Yeah, im going to get it checked out. The main reason ive avoided it as much as I have, is that our medical industry is extremely predatory and ive seen many cases of people getting talked into spinal fusions and other surgeries, that end up ruining their lives.

This is our song now:

thats what everyone assumes when a young fit guy is injured. its pretty infuriating asking old men for help, and them thinking youre just lazy.

Well its a mess. So originally I was doing manual labor, woke up one morning unable to move. I put off going to the doctor for an absolutely absurd entire year. Once I saw the doctor, I went to a chiro, he fixed some issues I was having, went back to the doctor and he said it seemed to be a muscle issue. That is why I started the ostarine, to strengthen all my stabilizer muscles and heal faster. It was working really well. Im actually thinking now it was the exercise I was doing that messed with my back recently. I went from bending forward hurting, to standing straight hurting, and bending forward feeling good. One day at work after moving semi batteries, my back was aching, I leaned back and pushed my back forward, something moved, and I felt fucking amazing until I moronically slammed my ass into a chair and jarred it back to feeling how it was.

What is QL?

it seems like my disc isnt centered. My pain is sharp if I irritate it, if I keep irritating it I get instability and sciatica. Ive only had sciatica twice in the 2 years ive been injured.

To help build stabilizer muscles faster, and lose some weight. I put on about 30 lbs being unable to work, coming from hard manual labor.

Just no.

"Feelz" dont tell you anything
Stop being retarded and drop the Ostarine.

No
Its not that bad
When the Sciatica gets so bad it feels like your leg is on fire and you csnt control your bladder... its bad.

Ignore the chiropractor, theyre retarded
The fact that he ordered a Xray for a potentially herniated disk shows how retarded they are
CT will show it
MRI will show it.

I have metal shards in my eyes, so i got a CT
XRay wont tell you shit.

Youre so unbelievably wrong about this stuff its hilarious
Go to a PT, 50 bucks a session (Give or take) once a week they will gice you all the training snd stretches you need to heal.

Chances are thats all you need

Reaction score
I have tried ostarine before I got on TRT
sounds like you already had problems producing test, ive taken fodagia agrestis and tungkat while on ostarine.
and bloodwork showed it lowered my testosterone levels by roughly 50-60%.
It effects everyone completely differently. Some people come off with higher test. I know personally it makes me feel much better, even coming off I feel good. If you felt fine on 50% of your test, thats wild, and would change my mind about it.
Ostarine does suppress; albeit not as strongly as compounds. If you had gotten pre blood work, and post blood work, you would see that your testosterone levels would be significantly lower after you dropped ostarine.
Depends on each person. Some people can get shut down by 15mg ostarine, some can take over 20 and be fine. I dont claim that im not suppressed at all, but there is simply no way im running on 50% of my test and feeling this good, I highly doubt it at least. I think everyone here is missing the point, id literally cut off my fingers to have my back fixed, so taking ostarine is a fucking joke compared to what id be willing to do. Ive been cheap and made poor choices, but thats why I asked for help. Ostarine isnt as safe as I assumed at the beginning, as ive heard many people have better bloods on rad140, which is crazy.
your logic is 100% wrong
you're saying I wouldnt have any sides from my test and estrogen being halved?

Reaction score
Just no.

"Feelz" dont tell you anything
Stop being retarded and drop the Ostarine.

No
Its not that bad
When the Sciatica gets so bad it feels like your leg is on fire and you csnt control your bladder... its bad.

Ignore the chiropractor, theyre retarded
The fact that he ordered a Xray for a potentially herniated disk shows how retarded they are
CT will show it
MRI will show it.

I have metal shards in my eyes, so i got a CT
XRay wont tell you shit.

Youre so unbelievably wrong about this stuff its hilarious
Go to a PT, 50 bucks a session (Give or take) once a week they will gice you all the training snd stretches you need to heal.

Chances are thats all you need
I am stopping the ostarine.
I am going to see about an mri, I dont have insurance so that may be an issue.
Ill let you guys know what happens.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
sounds like you already had problems producing test, ive taken fodagia agrestis and tungkat while on ostarine.

It effects everyone completely differently. Some people come off with higher test. I know personally it makes me feel much better, even coming off I feel good. If you felt fine on 50% of your test, thats wild, and would change my mind about it.

Depends on each person. Some people can get shut down by 15mg ostarine, some can take over 20 and be fine. I dont claim that im not suppressed at all, but there is simply no way im running on 50% of my test and feeling this good, I highly doubt it at least. I think everyone here is missing the point, id literally cut off my fingers to have my back fixed, so taking ostarine is a fucking joke compared to what id be willing to do. Ive been cheap and made poor choices, but thats why I asked for help. Ostarine isnt as safe as I assumed at the beginning, as ive heard many people have better bloods on rad140, which is crazy.

you're saying I wouldnt have any sides from my test and estrogen being halved?
1. You don't know when I decided to get on TRT. It could have been 5-10 years later. Stop making assumptions.

2. We are all human beings, and for the most part compounds effect us all in very similar ways. Do you think your HPTA operates differently than mine? You are making arguments without even having blood work. Fact is you don't know how suppressed you are.

3. You might not notice your test being halved... yes, that is entirely possible. The only reason I knew I was suppressed was because of my bloodwork. Otherwise I felt fine.

4. Stop arguing less, and listening more. You come across as if you want to hear something very specific, as opposed to what people have experienced in reality, been told by a doctor, or seen in their own blood work.

5. We are all telling you these things to help you. Not to beat on you or hold you back.

Reader591

Reaction score

This is our song now:

What is QL?

Well sounds like you’ve heard what you need to now. You need to be cleared by a doc and checked out for any disk issues since you’ve had such an issue. If it comes back good, I’d look into your QL again. Of course absolute best is a PT. But It seems to be 80% of low back pain, whenever the issue is not major. It can feel major though. QL= Quadratus Lumborum. Something you can do right now is look at some stretches for it. If you find improvement after a few minuets if a few different stretches, then good chance you’ve strained it due to improper movement and lifting techniques. So we circle back around to needing someone to help you improve form, because you now do have much room for error without hurting yourself. So for that you’d have to have an excellent trainer (good luck finding that) or best off with a good PT. Once you know what to do, you’re good in that aspect for life.

Reaction score
I know personally it makes me feel much better, even coming off I feel good. If you felt fine on 50% of your test, thats wild, and would change my mind about it.

We are all human beings, and for the most part compounds effect us all in very similar ways
maybe on average, but its common for people to have wildly different experiences on substances messing with hormones, especially synthetic hormones. when I started 25 mg of ostarine, after slowing working up to it, I started getting high E sides. Thats unusual, because I started at a baby dose and slowly went up. The reason im going to lay off the ostarine now, is that ive noticed I get physical stress symptoms on it, and I know that cannot be good for my body.
You are making arguments without even having blood work. Fact is you don't know how suppressed you are.
True
You might not notice your test being halved... yes, that is entirely possible. The only reason I knew I was suppressed was because of my bloodwork. Otherwise I felt fine.
As I said I didnt think that could be the case and that changes my mind knowing that. 1st quote ^
We are all telling you these things to help you. Not to beat on you or hold you back.
Yeah, I mean this is a bodybuilding forum, where you find stubborn disagreeable people. Im not different. I am stubborn and distrustful to a fault, but ive listened and am now actually going to get an mri to figure out whats been ruining my life for 2 years lol.
I appreciate everyone