Covid drops testosterone levels

MrBafner

Reaction score
Have been reading through a few Covid studies that have been done.

Here is a study that says .. 50% of men that catch Covid drop to a hypogondadism level 7 months after getting better. 10% further declined.

Interesting to know .. if you catch Covid - keep your HRT going, maybe increase the dosage for a while

Testosterone in males with COVID-19: A 7-month cohort study

MrBafner

Reaction score
There is a few more studies on testosterone while having or recovering from Covid regards to testosterone.

Some are pretty interesting to read .. for instance

" in comparison to estrogen may predispose men to a widespread COVID-19 infection. Low serum levels of T, which should be supposed to characterize the hormonal milieu in seriously ill individuals, may predispose men, especially elderly men, to poor prognosis or death. Further studies are needed to confirm these pathophysiological assumptions and to promptly identify adequate therapeutic strategies."

dirtys1x

Reaction score
there is a little stipulation with a study like this - which they addressed in their discussion which may be in part due to just general illness itself (I would go on to even say stress, anxiety, etc)

“First, we had considered that low tT levels may simply be a marker of illness severity, thus recapitulating what has already been reported for viral infections.2 , 28 , 29 Current findings may partially support this hypothesis, as the progressive—although slow and only partial—recovery of circulating T levels would seem to go in the direction of a tT also acting as a marker of severity of an overall severely compromised health condition.”

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
There is a few more studies on testosterone while having or recovering from Covid regards to testosterone.

Some are pretty interesting to read .. for instance

" in comparison to estrogen may predispose men to a widespread COVID-19 infection. Low serum levels of T, which should be supposed to characterize the hormonal milieu in seriously ill individuals, may predispose men, especially elderly men, to poor prognosis or death. Further studies are needed to confirm these pathophysiological assumptions and to promptly identify adequate therapeutic strategies."

I don't KNOW if some or all of this is true or not, but I read it somewhere and thought it was worth considering for a certain population:

If you are walking around with serum Testosterone levels supplied by exogenous Test and no family members know this, and if you are suddenly admitted to the hospital for a lengthy stay due to Covid, car crash, other disease, gunshot, whatever ... the medical professionals caring for you will not know your usual Test levels are crashing and perhaps leaving you less likely to recover.

(I like to worry)

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't KNOW if some or all of this is true or not, but I read it somewhere and thought it was worth considering for a certain population:

If you are walking around with serum Testosterone levels supplied by exogenous Test and no family members know this, and if you are suddenly admitted to the hospital for a lengthy stay due to Covid, car crash, other disease, gunshot, whatever ... the medical professionals caring for you will not know your usual Test levels are crashing and perhaps leaving you less likely to recover.

(I like to worry)
If you are walking around with exogenous test on board your levels won't be crashing, you'll already be shut down from your usage.

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score
I was under the assumption quite a few of the population affected by covid the worst were obese or morbidly obese which would already fuck your natural t levels.

MrBafner

Reaction score
Absolutely .. a lot of overweight people suffer all kinds of problems with hormones.
On the other hand .. some people who have had covid might have easier access to test injections.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
If you are walking around with exogenous test on board your levels won't be crashing, you'll already be shut down from your usage.
? ......... you'll be as shut down as you were before your lengthy hospital admission, but your levels will be getting lower the longer you are in the hospital on an unintended exogenous Test "fast."

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
I have been sending my dad all these studies. He's currently getting through Covid and has been on HRT for a while.