Damn FDA

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I don't care about this supplement, and I have no plans of using it. What irritates me about this is that the FDA has stepped in and said this can no longer be sold as a dietary supplement specifically because pharmaceutical companies are investigating it to be made into a drug.

In other words, they didn't give a damn about this for God knows how many years... but now that pharmaceuticals have determined they might be able to make money the FDA has stepped in to protect their unrealized potential profits.

They pulled something sort of similar with NAC. I really wish government agencies would stop over stepping.

I'd understand if this was to protect consumers... but that's not what this is. It's to protect pharmaceutical interests.

Reader591

Reaction score
Yes the more I realize this happens the more it makes me mad. Even think of ephedrine? Why make synthetic version? Why not sell it directly. I mean I know why, but still.

This is almost every agency. And it’s all disguised as protecting the consumer, or citizen. I know it’s not technically part of the government, but look at the geniuses that created the federal reserve! They were increasingly smart, and rob us while we think they are helping. It’s all crazy.

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score
Never heard of it, but I'm sure it'll be coming available as a "research chem". Of course not for human consumption.

beefnewton

Reaction score
You can still get Niagen if you want to try and boost NAD+ levels. Used Live Cell's version for a few years before abandoning. Probably one of my more, if not most, expensive experiments other than GH (along with a few years of MitoQ). Plus I'm sure they'll find a way around the NMN ban once things cool. It's such a blatant move accomodating and prioritizing commercial interests over actual health interests. Also tried Renue's (they used to be called something different) sublingual tablets of NMN with no notable effect personally. Unlike Niagen/NR, NMN is supposed to be "feel'able" via enhanced endurance. For now, you can still get NMN, though.

Last edited:

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
My point wasn't about the substance. I'll probably never use this. It was about the FDA stepping in to protect pharmaceutical interests, when pharmaceuticals never cared about this in the past.

The next time it happens it might be something I actually care about. Sure it might become available as a UGL product, but then we're dealing with increased price and legality issues.

This isn't a scenario where they stepped in to protect consumers. They pretty much directly said we are protecting pharmaceutical interests and profits, they aren't even trying to hide that fact.

Pretty messed up.

New Threads