Divorced!

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, brothers...it's official...I am getting divorced. Looking back and reflecting, I THOUGHT I was happy but I have been overlooking a lot of shit. We were in marriage counseling, which seemed to help a little....just not enough. I signed a lease on an apartment this week, and we filed the petition for divorce today. We have a 15 year old daughter, which sucks....and I guess i will be loosing half of everything. Oddly enough, I am excited about my new life and feel at peace and ok with things. I just wanted to reach out and let my SI brothers know what has been going on.

Big Worm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shane as long as you are happy, do whats right for you. I dont know how fucked up your relationship was and how much your kid saw, but I will tell you this..........As a kid and really still to this day I would have rather seen my parents divorce than stay together. Its not always a bad thing for the kid. It sucks being mind fucked as a kid.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Better to come from a broken home, than to be broken by your home is what Worm is getting at....

Toughest decision of my life Shane. If I could I would take it back. Get some counseling on your own or you'll carry that baggage with you forever.

Live2Train

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bro, this really comes as a shock to me. I always thought your marriage was good, but then again I have been gone for a little while so things must have went south in a hurry. I know you're a good dude and quite capable of having a great life. I say do what it takes to keep your daughter in your life, which means if you have to be tactful in your divorce then do it. I wish you all the luck in the world my friend. Cheers to starting your new life!

I bench 135x5

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No matter how ugly things got between you and your missus, Divorcing her will still suck! I'm only 24 but I know you certainly didn't get married to end up divorced. I wish you the best!

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im sure you are making the right decision. A hard, but necessary one.
On the plus side you are a sexy juicehead and will slay many a young womens.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear bro. Your daughter might not understand now, but she is at the age where it won't be long til she understands that it was for the best. Good to hear you have a positive outlook.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So sorry yo hear this, especially when kids are involved the decision is pretty hard. Keep yourself busy and we'll be here when times get harder.

bubbagump

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it bro. I thought it was the best thing I ever did for about the first month. I have issues that I may never get rid of. That, and my ex was the queen of the guilt trip. She even used our kids to make me feel bad. Its a big part of why I drink myself to sleep at night.

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear bro. hang in there. I have never been married, so i cant give you advice there. Dow whats best for you brother.

You said your daughter is 15, she will understand.

Best of luck with moving forward

R1rider

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I hate our divorce laws, you loose 50% of everything. That sucks, not to mention if your ex goes for alimony etc.

My buddy just got divorced, had to give his ex wife his house, that he paid for by being deployed overseas for 4 tours.... The wife never worked a serious job in her life. Couldnt even have kids, but my bro had to still split everything 50-50

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear brother. It was one if the hardest decisions that I had ever made. At the time my daughter was 6. In the end it was one of the best decisions that I had ever made for the sake of my daughter. My ex thought nothing about causing fights ect.... in front of her. I would have given away everything to have custody of her. My daughter lives with me & she is doing great. Try not to focus on the money aspect. Focus on your daughter and make sure that she gets through this change in her life.

mattyice

Reaction score
Congrats brother... Give it 6 months and it will be like you were reborn. Theres a great gal out there waiting for you... In the meantime, bang out as many young broads as possible.. we're not getting any younger. Stay strong.

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shane my brother, you're a lucky man. Welcome to a new life. Try and stay out of a relationship now for at least a little while before you feel the need to be miserable again my brother! If they had no gash between there legs nobody would ever even talk to them. Crazy ass species. A wise man told me once, "Don't Ever let yourself succumb to The Vaginal Wrench"! If it flies, floats, or fucks, RENT IT!!!!!! !SHRUGS!

G

Georgia

Sorry to hear this. Hope you're truly okay and find happiness with someone who you fall completely and totally in love with and may that feeling last the rest of your life.

mattyice

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Hope you're truly okay and find happiness with someone who you fall completely and totally in love with and may that feeling last the rest of your life.

Tilly?? :))

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
=)) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
fuckin sucks shane having to split shit...Idk never was in this situation I say get a hot young girl and a sports car

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
fuckin sucks shane having to split shit...Idk never was in this situation I say get a hot young girl and a sports car

right...

in a yr you ll be loving life. just think about the future.