Does creatine cause BALD!?👨‍🦲👩‍🦲

MPM

Reaction score
I actually recall a study I read years back that suggested there was a possible link between creatine use and baldness. The problem with such studies is that they tend to be correlation skewed. What I mean is that people who use AAS are also more likely to use things like creatine and eat more chicken breasts.....so on paper it might appear as though creatine and chicken boobs accelerate hair loss but the real culprit was likely genetics accelerated by the AAS. I highly doubt creatine is ever going to cause balding.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score

The study I think your referring to was van der Merwe et al. It's mentioned on this page, just a few articles down. The heading for each new answered question is in red.

That study was done on rugby players and the results were never able to be duplicated. The baldness was caused by raising of DHT I believe but it was within line with the extreme amounts of resistance training the athletes were doing and had no correlation to the use of creatine .

I am not the most technical or any kind of school smart guy , but thats what I got out of reading it.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Most likely. Why do you think so many of todays pros are bald compared to the golden era guys?
Chicken shakes ,, make ya hair fall out and your weiner floppy