Dynnin's attempt to quit being a fucking piggy

Reaction score
Hi UG,

Got 8 weeks left on my contract out of state. Cruising 200 test for the remainder of my time here. Gonna use this time to cut the fat and start a calorie deficit. Tired of bouncing when I walk, these fucking love handles make me feel soft. The gut has to go! Weighed myself this morning 187lbs. I think I can cut to 175 in 8 weeks. Never done it before so we'll see how it goes. I'll update this periodically assuming I can keep the burgers out of my mouth.

F4E42263-F77B-4513-A4F4-17338CCFA01B.jpeg

Reaction score
Hi UG,

Got 8 weeks left on my contract out of state. Cruising 200 test for the remainder of my time here. Gonna use this time to cut the fat and start a calorie deficit. Tired of bouncing when I walk, these fucking love handles make me feel soft. The gut has to go! Weighed myself this morning 187lbs. I think I can cut to 175 in 8 weeks. Never done it before so we'll see how it goes. I'll update this periodically assuming I can keep the burgers out of my mouth.

View attachment 44297
For reference, this is how I looked a year and a half ago prior to starting bodybuilding. 140lbs here
E52CE94D-88BC-4B6C-960E-F3A7E8E59C3F.jpeg

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
What are the diet and training going to look like over these next 8 weeks?

What's the plan?

Reaction score
What are the diet and training going to look like over these next 8 weeks?

What's the plan?
I’m in an Airbnb w/o access to a kitchen, so I’m eating out often and microwaving lots of rice. I get a meal stipend that’s pretty hefty, so figured 2 double chicken burrito bowls from Chipotle daily, plus 2 30g protein shakes.

Chipotles online calorie calc says a double chicken bowl w/ brown rice and black beans is 86g protein & 925 cal. With my shakes and yogurts I’m at 2170 cals. An okay place to start, I think?

I’m still training 4x weekly, and will be adding 30 mins of cardio after each day. No exceptions. Gotta hard commit to this if I want it.

I want to look leaner and more defined before I get back home and start my next cycle

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You've got understand your on a decade journey .. even cycling and cruising your not going to go from 140 to 220 pounds of solid muscle in 12 to 18 months ... so consider increasing your time horizon ...

Your not fat your just not muscular ... you've added your newbie gains of 20 pounds plus some fat which us to expected ... 185 lbs @ 5'10" is a good base ...

It's fall/winter for fucks sake why not continue lifting heavy and eating and gain size as you stated was your goal a few weeks ago ... you've just recently started eating correctly ... in 6 months of eating properly and working out you can make some good progress ... then cut for spring like a normal person -- lol

Reaction score
You've got understand your on a decade journey .. even cycling and cruising your not going to go from 140 to 220 pounds of solid muscle in 12 to 18 months ... so consider increasing your time horizon ...

Your not fat your just not muscular ... you've added your newbie gains of 20 pounds plus some fat which us to expected ... 185 lbs @ 5'10" is a good base ...

It's fall/winter for fucks sake why not continue lifting heavy and eating and gain size as you stated was your goal a few weeks ago ... you've just recently started eating correctly ... in 6 months of eating properly and working out you can make some good progress ... then cut for spring like a normal person -- lol
Hmm, you're probably right. Think I'll do just that, tbh. I really have no idea what the fuck I'm doing so the perspectives of the senior members is something I appreciate. I'll just shelve this idea for a bit and keep this thread as a progress log

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmm, you're probably right. Think I'll do just that, tbh. I really have no idea what the fuck I'm doing so the perspectives of the senior members is something I appreciate. I'll just shelve this idea for a bit and keep this thread as a progress log
You are getting good results ... but gaining substantial muscle takes time massive eating (especially protein) which you are aware of and doing according to your other post .... consider starting a workout log and become as consistent as possible ... see AR's log for an example of how to do it ... and keep putting in the work ... you're heading in the right direction ... just give yourself the time required ...

Last edited:
Reaction score

I’ll be the contrarian, which seems to often be the case between us.

A decade?

He can reach his goal that he stated. I don’t see where he indicated 220 lbs as a goal. The dude just wants to look good. He’s already uncomfortable with the fat he accumulated.

He’s cruising right now, which would be a good time for him to lose some body fat. Who cares that it’s fall. He needs to learn how to train effectively anyway so he can fuck around with that and dial it in.

If he learns to eat and gets down to 10% bodyfat he’ll be in a great position to start to add muscle in a slight surplus of +500 cals. That’s not “massive eating”.

@dynnin continue to track your calories. Figure out your Total Daily Energy Expenditure TDEE and subtract 500 from that. There’s your allowance. Work some cardio sessions in and you’ll start to melt. You can definitely tighten up in 8 weeks. Stick with your goal.

During that 8 weeks, pick a training program that suits your goals, time, and preferences. This site offers a ton to choose from: www.liftvault.com

By the end of 8 weeks you’ll have familiarity with your training program, you’ll know how to eat properly, and you’ll be down to a decent bf% to start adding lean muscle. Don’t overeat, there’s no reason to. That will only make you fat again and you’ll be spinning wheels.

Last edited:

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
I’ll be the contrarian, which seems to often be the case between us.

A decade?

He can reach his goal that he stated. I don’t see where he indicated 220 lbs as a goal. The dude just wants to look good. He’s already uncomfortable with the fat he accumulated.

He’s cruising right now, which would be a good time for him to lose some body fat. Who cares that it’s fall. He needs to learn how to train effectively anyway so he can fuck around with that and dial it in.

If he learns to eat and gets down to 10% bodyfat he’ll be in a great position to start to add muscle in a slight surplus of +500 cals. That’s not “massive eating”.

@dynnin continue to track your calories. Figure out you Total Daily Energy Expenditure TDEE and subtract 500 from that. There’s your allowance. Work some cardio sessions in and you’ll start to melt. You can definitely tighten up in 8 weeks. Stick with your goal.

During that 8 weeks, pick a training program that suits your goals, time, and preferences. This site offers a ton to choose from: www.liftvault.com

By the end of 8 weeks you’ll have familiarity with your training program, you’ll know how to eat properly, and you’ll be down to a decent bf% to start adding lean muscle. Don’t overeat, there’s no reason to. That will only make you fat again and you’ll be spinning wheels.
I put on like 35 lbs my first year of lifting 🤷🏻‍♂️

There’s no reason that he can’t be yolked as hell in two years max. A decade is a pretty long time frame — especially if he isn’t looking to get huge.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
You got some to lose but I don't think you need to put a time or weight loss number to it. You seem to know what to do, just need to do it.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
This might help a bit.

I do not use Legion products , I just found this calculator and I found it the most accurate I have tried.

MOST like more than 90% of these calculators are total bullshit. I've tried more than I can remember.

This one works as long as you have your diet in check and keep to your macros.

How do I know it works ? I used this to drop from 305 to 198.5 so far. It works just fine as long as you work hard and don't eat like shit.

Your stats change so , every 10 or 15 lbs give it a redo and see where you are at.

Test_subject

Super Duper Elite
Reaction score
This might help a bit.

I do not use Legion products , I just found this calculator and I found it the most accurate I have tried.

MOST like more than 90% of these calculators are total bullshit. I've tried more than I can remember.

This one works as long as you have your diet in check and keep to your macros.

How do I know it works ? I used this to drop from 305 to 198.5 so far. It works just fine as long as you work hard and don't eat like shit.

Your stats change so , every 10 or 15 lbs give it a redo and see where you are at.

One of the biggest mistakes that people make during fat loss phases is not adjusting their TDEE as they lose weight.

If you start at say, 300 lbs and don’t adjust your calories as you lose weight, you’re going to end up eating at maintenance at a certain point and weight loss will stall out.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
One of the biggest mistakes that people make during fat loss phases is not adjusting their TDEE as they lose weight.

If you start at say, 300 lbs and don’t adjust your calories as you lose weight, you’re going to end up eating at maintenance at a certain point and weight loss will stall out.
Exactly ! , I had to learn that the hard way in the first year of this.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The great thing about this site you will hear from multiple experienced members ... who are all correct ... it comes down to what is your goal ... you had said on previous thread your goal was to get pretty massive ... this is why I suggested the longer time horizon ... I did not mean to suggest you cannot make excellent progress every year ... clearly you have made massive improvement from 140 lbs to 188 lbs .... you should be able to add 10 to 15 pounds of quality muscle per year even more depending on effort - time - goals ... PED's choices ...

The importnat thing to understand it to decide what is the most important goal for you ... if you want to get ripped now with your current (very modest) amount of muscle ... that is certainly doable ... but it is more difficult to both lose bodyfat and gain large amounts of lean mass at the same time ...

If you goal is to put on the maximum amount lean mass in the shortest time then forget about calorie deficits for now ... and do small surpluses ... of course as suggested by others DO NOT over eat .. there is no reason ... also download and use a calorie tracking .. I love MyFitnessPal .. but only because I've used it for a long time .. there are plenty of other options ..

Reader591

Reaction score
I do not use Legion products , I just found this calculator and I found it the most accurate I have tried
My favorite method to figure out maintance calories is to track….. while maintaining.

My post here isn’t really targeted to you but just the method I like the best, but it takes a couple weeks of tracking BEFORE adjusting anything.

I think these calculators have some value, but everyone fluctuates SO much in what makes them
Maintain weight.

Heck even I fluctuate a ton in what maintains my weight. After a bulk, I may lose weight at 4500 calories a day. Now I know I weigh more at the end of a bulk, but put my 235lbs butt in a calculator and I’d bet it won’t say eat 4500 calories a day while doing minimal cardio to drop weight. Of course you have to adjust as you go down.

But this leaves a lot of room to go down vs “slashing calories” from the start and makes it mentally much easier for me. I say slashing calories cause a calculator may recommend 2400 calories for me or so to drop 1 lbs a week to start. That would be too much too quick to start with, but eventually yes, I’ll be down there.

Reader591

Reaction score
@dynnin you can go either way you want. BUT keep in mind you don’t really want to flip flop goals every few weeks which it sounds like you may be struggling with a little, and it’s hard not too.

What I mean is you can’t cut 10 lbs in a month, then say you’re ready to bulk and freak out when you gain 5 lbs water weight and 1 lbs of fat the next month then decide to cut again. Give yourself a reasonable commitment, and maybe some metric to know you need to cut off the bulk. This could be a pair of pants getting too tight in the waist for example.

For me I go by my work pants, that are size 32. When them babies don’t want to button no more, even forcing them a little, it’s time for me to chill. Also, other things that can be “bumps” in the road along the way could be how you feel. For me, my guy gets taxed out and needs a few weeks break from time to time. A thing I’m experiencing now. So yes I’m in a bulk, but have been for a while now. So I’ll go to a slight cut for a few weeks, restore hunger, and let my gut rest some. Then im
Back into it for a while before going into a maintaince then cut.

If I hit these “bumps” too often and it distracts from the goal, I reevaluate and go from there.

Reaction score
You guys have all been great, thank you. Easy to overeat w/o access to a kitchen. Gonna keep tracking my cals and lifting heavy, but for now, CO Avalanche game @ 10est! GO AVS

Reaction score
Update: Took @BigBaldBeardGuy advice and found my TDEE from tdeecalculator.net and subtracted 500 cals which puts me at 2350/day. Built a structured diet around it so I’m eating the same things everyday, tracking it through MacroFactor. Set my macros at 200g protein, 250g carbs, 110g fat. The carbs and fat are honestly arbitrarily set, no real reasoning behind them besides I think they’re roughly correct? Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

First day was hard yesterday, constantly hungry. Slept for 12 fucking hours lmfao. Got my ass up and to the gym tonight, wow the energy level difference is noticeable. Was able to hit all my max target weights for this workout (shoulders) But for like 2/3rds the set total. Arms just didn’t have it. Maybe it’s all psychological? Time will tell.

Weighed myself at 187.8. Will update this once a week. If I don’t, someone call me out. I’m going to commit to this first ever cut and not bounce between goals.

New Threads