Frenchie's log

Frenchie

Reaction score
Hey guys !

So this thread is gonna be my log. The info in this first post might be redundant with what I already said in other topics but I want to do a complete log and it starts with a good introduction.

Me, myself and I :
I am a french 24 year old Business Development guy in the pharma industry. I did a bachelor in animal physiology before understanding that the lab wasn't for me and I ended up graduating in Biotech Law. So now I got my first job, seating in an office all day, the good thing for training is that I am totally free to do what I want as long as my job is done. I usually work from 8am to 5pm.
And I just moved to the US in early September.

Gyms :
I have two gyms. One is the company's gym, I only pay a few dollars, it has all basic equipments and heavy dumbbells, but no squat rack. Only kind of a smith machine that can also move horizontally.
The second one is fully equipped from battle ropes to deadlift platforms.

Experience in training :
I have been training for three years. i gained 23kg ! i am very happy with my results.
I started training like everyone with a full body that turned in a 4 day split, than 5 and finally 6. I have tried different programs that i took from bodybuilding.com (project mass, etc.) and lately I have been mixing OVT (especially for leg day and chest) with regular sets from 8-12 reps.
Deadlifting has given me some traps and it makes me happy (I am a simple man).
I didn't take any PED. For supplements, I take protein of course. I tried creatine and BCAs (i read here it's crap anyway) but none of them did anything. i did try two or three different brands taking 4g before and 3g after training but no noticeable difference (at least not worth the money).

Stats :
I need to update that but two months ago I was at 91.5kg for 11ish % bodyfat.
I am 1m 86.

With regard to lifts, i know that for my weight I am not very strong but it's also not my purpose as you will see below.
I don't now my max, I just now this :
Bench press : 110kg x 5
Deadlift : 160kg x 6
Squat : I never quite know how deep to go but I usually use 100kg, and do ten but I think it's not low enough.

Future training :
I am going to "hire" Pillarofbalance to take my training to the next level.
I will let you know what we do.

Goals :
I really like the physique of Collin Joseph. That seems like an achievable goal.
I would like to focus mainly on my triceps and legs.

Pictures as of now :

View attachment 3275
View attachment 3276
View attachment 3277

Last edited:

Frenchie

Reaction score
I am not providing anything to anyone haha ! The only time I see actual products is when a lab head doesn't answer to my Emails and I pay him a visit :p

How can I make it show as pictures instead of attachments ?

Last edited:

Frenchie

Reaction score
Thread updated with pictures :)
My only regret is that I don't have picture from before I started :(

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I am not providing anything to anyone haha ! The only time I see actual products is when a lab head doesn't answer to my Emails and I pay him a visit :p

How can I make it show as pictures instead of attachments ?

Upload the pics to imgur, copy the board url, then paste to the post. Hell if I can do it..................

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like you got a game plan my man. Now all you need is time under iron.

Frenchie

Reaction score
I'll do that at home. The imgur site is blocked on my company's network.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great intro / log and a solid plan Frenchie. Like Snake said - all you need now is to execute! Get on that grind!

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Nice dude! Congrats on making a log. We will be here to encourage you on your progress.

Frenchie

Reaction score
So I'll be starting Pillar's program on Monday.
I measured myself today. To be able to see how I progress :
Arm : 39.5 cm
Chest : 115 cm
Thigh : 63 cm
Calve : 38.5 cm
Waist (on belly button, thought it was the best way to have the same measurement each time) : 88 cm

I ordered this special measurement ribbon on amazon, pretty nice to take your measurements alone.

Frenchie

Reaction score
Hi !
First training today :

15 sets of 2 deadlifts from @6 to @9
I started at 160 kg, than at 5 I dropped to 150kg and the last 5 at 140kg.
I was supposed to stop if I reached an intensity of @9, but I went on because my back was in perfect state. It was my grip that was failing ! The master said no bands so I need to work on my grips ...

5 sets of 5 double-paused bench @9
The gym was empty, I got one guy passing by to spot me on my second set.
I did the first two at 100kg, the third at 95kg (failed last rep) and the last two at 90kg.

1 set of 5 deadlifts @9 to the knee and 10% drop for 4 more sets from @8 to @9.
Definitely felt my lats burning on the last 4 sets. I did the first at 160kg and the 4 more at 140kg, I replaced my fingers around the bar once or twice per set very briefly when the bar was on the ground.

Overall an awesome training that gave me a great pump, very different from what I usually do.
I took a picture right after training, sorry it seemed better on my phone but I'll post it anyway !
IMG_0438.jpg

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Frenchie are you using an overhand - underhand grip on the bar or double overhand?

Judging by the pic you posted you might want to try hook grip.

Frenchie

Reaction score
Judging by the pic ? ^^
I am using overhand - underhand grip

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Hook grip for the win. Makes people stare.

Frenchie

Reaction score
I googled it, and I think i felt the bone in my thumb breaking just by checking the pictures.

New Threads