RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Holy shit this is still going on? Lol

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
So you're saying you think it's perfectly fine that a firearm manufacturer be sued because of how someone misuses their product?

Happens all the time with other products too. If criminal negligence can be proven then of course. If there is no negligence then it depends on the context.

The link between cancer and cigarettes has been know since the 1940s and 1950s, yet bc of the propaganda from manufacturers, this was swept under the rug for decades.

Quoted from the Tob Control 2012;21:87-91 doi:10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2011-050338

Cigarette manufacturers disputed this evidence, as part of an orchestrated conspiracy to salvage cigarette sales. Propagandising the public proved successful, judging from secret tobacco industry measurements of the impact of denialist propaganda.

^^^ ironically enough, their actions are similar to those of the NRA ;)

Anyway back to the point of the story. In 1998 a class action suit was brought up against cigarette manufacturers bc of the deaths related to and caused by smoking. The plaintiffs won of course and the cigarette companies paid out $206 Billion dollars. That's $206,000,000,000.

So yes, a company can be held liable for it's products. For guns, I think it's mainly strict liability which is usually very hard to get and a new way through risk-utility balancing.

But don't lose sleep yet! The same Congress you claim is out to take your guns also passed a law called The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. What's this law do you ask? Well it gives gun manufacturers almost complete immunity from being prosecuted for negligence. So unlike ANY OTHER INDUSTRY, the gun manufacturers can not be charged with negligence except for some few exceptions. Wow, you mean to tell me the same Congress you say is clamoring to take your guns away helped gun manufacturers escape negligence? Say it ain't so....

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
We KNOW this? For someone so set on statistics, you sure like mixing in generalizations.

And when you take the time to post actual statistics you might be onto something but as it stands you haven't really done that have you? Why is the burden on me to be the one always to post them? If you haven't the time nor patience to go look for them yourself you should rethink calling me out on making a generalization THAT IS SO OBVIOUS A CHILD WOULD REALSIZE IT AND I WANTED TO SAVE THE TIME LOOKIMG FOR IT AND I THOUGHT NOBODY WOULD BE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO CONTEST IT. pick your battles bc this generalization should be obvious to anyone old enough to own a gun.

And just for shits and giggles:

PEW research estimates around 80,000,000 gun owners in the ENTIRE US
Statista estimates there are 81,000,000 registered drivers.... In 6 states. Do you want to get your calculator out so you can do the math yourself on the other 44 states?

With all due respect, I fail to see any intent or purpose behind your posts. What I mean by that is you have all these stats and facts, yet make no stand on what you believe. Just seems at times that your sole purpose is stirring the pot.

I made my stance perfectly clear in my first few posts in this thread; whether or not you remember it idk. I'm for finding a way to eliminate guns in the hands of criminals, the mentally handicapped that cannot appreciate the dangers involved or are prone to violence or are not mentally stable, and reduce the senseless gun violence. Whether or not this involves gun control as we know it now or other methods I don't care since the crying wolf story of gun confiscation by the government holds little weight when thought about logically. And please don't try to twist my words into saying I want to rid the country of all guns or from people who use them for sport or self defense or any other legal reason. I think a legal, well educated and responsible owner should be able to have as many guns as they want and can afford and as much ammunition as they want. I'm not sure how I feel on high capacity magazines since you posted out you can have 40 loaded 15rd-magazines ready which doesn't defeat the purpose of limiting magazine capacity but still undermines it's effectiveness. Maybe allow them to people who pass certain qualifications? Idk. I also believe, if you are convicted of a crime and use a gun to commit the crime you should be charged twice: once for the crime and once for using the gun to commit it with the sentences to be served consecutively. This will create an economic incentive to criminals to try to avoid gun violence even though it's fool hardy to think it will stop all gun violence.

Last edited:

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't get personal you ****s... we don't do that here... carry on

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So, what are you trying to say exactly Doc?

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
So, what are you trying to say exactly Doc?

That this shit does your cause more harm than good

image.jpg

Parading around your weapons in an area of concentrated civilians to make a political point is not only reprehensible but makes it harder for those who fsvor gun control to empathize with you. Open carry is fine and dandy but this is not....Joliver excluded bc he's from Alabama. Not to mention if any of these fukks got shot they'd be the first to sue everybody including the gun manufacturer to get a payout. At least take the magazine out or something so that if some crazy asshole managed to get the gun away it'd only be usable as a club.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Post #522 already covered this Doc.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Post #522 already covered this Doc.

we like photos DF!...........................................................

and what did I tell you...energizer bunny....kill it doc :)

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Doc: please understand that when I said "with all due respect" I actually meant it. I simply wanted you to bring your views together in a single post, so that I could better understand where you stand. I feel like you did that, so thank you.
It just gets a little blurry when spread out over this many pages, and you alternatively post stats for both sides.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
we like photos DF!...........................................................

and what did I tell you...energizer bunny....kill it doc :)

Doc can shovel out some bullshit & make it seem legit. Doc do you do sales for a living?

Joliver

E-Fighter Extraordinaire
Reaction score
This is a perfect story for Jol's theory that most Americans are too stupid to own guns. A couple weeks ago in Fridley, MN a dude who had a conceal and carry license was in Target. He had his gun around his leg inside his pants. He reached down to adjust it and fired off a round that bounced off the floor and went through the ceiling above a checkout register. He then ran out of the store laughing with his girlfriend. Later, after he was found and arrested he said he apparently didn't have the safety on. These are the kind of ****in idiots that think they are gonna stop a mass shooting and really all they are doing is putting anyone around them in danger.

Maybe Jol is right. Most Americans are too stupid to own guns. Is there any way to test IQ before issuing gun licenses? Here's the idiot running out of Target laughing after he accidentally fired off a round....

View attachment 2346

YES!!! But there is also another problem. Stupid will always be a problem. The target shooter was stupid. He was ill prepared to use the tool he carried. He was carrying for the cool factor (see hat cocked off to the side....I'm surprised it isn't straight billed).

The other reason is self absorption. You all know this. How many of you know people that post ever little detail of their lives--where they are, what they are doing, bowel regularity, food consumption, personal thoughts on life? They have built their own personal fiefdom around themselves and have become the center of their own universe. Look at all the god damn "open letters" that make the news: "Mom writes open letter to man who told her to keep her retarded 18 month old baby out of the movie theater"...."Woman writes open letter to fat shamers." Holy shit man....keep your retarded baby out of the movie theater. No brainer. Some of you know I have an autistic son. That boy can wreck shit when he decides the fun is over. I would never feel as if it were a good idea to take him to a theater. Plus at 18 months, is the kid getting anything out of a movie? No. But still...she demands social justice--AND IT MAKES THE NEWS. We create these monsters and wonder why they self destruct and kill. People do not understand that they are unimportant. Back in the day, when you decided life wasn't worth living you shot yourself. Now, they want to see how many they can take with them--like some macabre game that imparts permanent notoriety.

Dont tell Jol, but yes he is right. We have a dumb Fuk epidemic in this country.

I no I am rite. you donot have to tell me that peeple are dum. Evin in ur post you mispeled ****. tipical amurican shit their.

Don't get personal you ****s... we don't do that here... carry on

Yeah!!! POB is right!!! You all better listen to the soulless ginger, or else.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Doc: please understand that when I said "with all due respect" I actually meant it. I simply wanted you to bring your views together in a single post, so that I could better understand where you stand. I feel like you did that, so thank you.
It just gets a little blurry when spread out over this many pages, and you alternatively post stats for both sides.

Fair enough. After 37pgs the lines do get blurred.

wallyd

Elite
Reaction score
Background checks are not done at gun shows.....IMO there is no need for anyone to own an assault weapon, a simple handgun is more than enough. Also clips that can hold 15 or more rounds is simply only meant to kill as many as possible in a short period of time, again this type of clip is meant for the military.....What the military needs versus an American needs are completely different. I do not own a gun and never will....

I don't know if it's different where you live but I have bought more than one gun from a gun show & I have had background checks done on EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION.

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
I don't know if it's different where you live but I have bought more than one gun from a gun show & I have had background checks done on EVERY SINGLE TRANSACTION.
Don't bother.

TheLupinator

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
We create these monsters and wonder why they self destruct and kill. People do not understand that they are unimportant. Back in the day, when you decided life wasn't worth living you shot yourself. Now, they want to see how many they can take with them--like some macabre game that imparts permanent notoriety.

The long road of democratic liberal mentality and this is where we are. Now let's pass a law to fix it... Doesn't work that way.

Last edited: