Has anyone read Outlive by Peter Attia

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
WOW - congratulations TJ you are a genetics lottery winner ... I am curious do you know what your great grandfather did for a living ... and it he still active (not official exercising) but just in general since he's lived with you ... also I am curious about his social group ... does he actively engage with other people ... many centenarians have a very strong church / faith affiliation like the 7 Day Aventis do in Loma Linda CA (a strong blue zone where many people other 100 years live) ... of do you have a large family by any chance ... other blue zones is Okinawa Japan or in Italy have great respect for their elders - never putting them in nursing homes literally cherishing their elders so they are included and appreciate in family daily activities literally until they pass way ....

In any case you are blessed beyond belief to have someone in your life how predates radio - TV - and of course the internet / social media .... I respected you before due you immense bodybuilding knowledge and results but to have your great grandfather living with you shows a great deal about your character and importance of family ... nothing but respect for you TJ ...

Reaction score
WOW - congratulations TJ you are a genetics lottery winner ... I am curious do you know what your great grandfather did for a living ... and it he still active (not official exercising) but just in general since he's lived with you ... also I am curious about his social group ... does he actively engage with other people ... many centenarians have a very strong church / faith affiliation like the 7 Day Aventis do in Loma Linda CA (a strong blue zone where many people other 100 years live) ... of do you have a large family by any chance ... other blue zones is Okinawa Japan or in Italy have great respect for their elders - never putting them in nursing homes literally cherishing their elders so they are included and appreciate in family daily activities literally until they pass way ....

In any case you are blessed beyond belief to have someone in your life how predates radio - TV - and of course the internet / social media .... I respected you before due you immense bodybuilding knowledge and results but to have your great grandfather living with you shows a great deal about your character and importance of family ... nothing but respect for you TJ ...
Fact check: Broadcast radio was around his entire life.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fact check: Broadcast radio was around his entire life.
My point was that he has seen incredible changes from airplanes - telephone - radio in their beginning stages ... over his lifetime the world he's witnessed an incredible pace of change and technology - he would be an incredible recourse to talk to and know ... your comment completely missed the point as usual ...

Reaction score
My point was that he has seen incredible changes from airplanes - telephone - radio in their beginning stages ... over his lifetime the world he's witnessed an incredible pace of change and technology - he would be an incredible recourse to talk to and know ... your comment completely missed the point as usual ...
I didn’t miss your point at all. Just correcting you. When you’re wrong you’re wrong. Just move on. There’s no reason to take a shot at me. You just escalate the exchange.

“Your comment completely missed the point as usual…” sounds incredibly cunty. You can do better than that. 👍

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You did miss the point ... you made complete irrelevant point in a conversation that was not directed to you .

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm just not sure how having an ancient grandpa would constitute evidence of "good character"

Reaction score
You did miss the point ... you made complete irrelevant point in a conversation that was not directed to you .
Your wonderment in the technological advancement that the guy got to see was simply off. Radio was around the guy's entire lifetime. You cant revise history to serve your "point".

Where does this fascination stem from? You saw the development of the internet. Development of the TV was exactly the same. It started shitty and couldn't do much. Then it got better and we had AOL. Then it got even better when big Cable was able to push more data. And now we can stream whole wondrous movies over the internet. Wow! TV was the exact same way. Air travel, the exact same way.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm just not sure how having an ancient grandpa would constitute evidence of "good character"
He (great grandfather) lives with TomJ ... having family living with you as opposed to turning them out to pasture in a nursing home is good character ... in my opinion ... although with BBBG and his faithful parrots you not doubt disagree ...

Reaction score
He (great grandfather) lives with TomJ ... having family living with you as opposed to turning them out to pasture in a nursing home is good character ... in my opinion ... although with BBBG and his faithful parrots you not doubt disagree ...
Just because somebody questions your moronic posts doesn’t make them my parrot. @TODAY contributes WAY more on topic and meaningful material than you do.

Your book club thread here is assumably here for discussing the stuff that is in the book. Everything was on topic until you had to get your little petty dig in.

So pour another glass of Chardonnay for the gals and continue reciting what the book means to you. Your stage. Preach away. Lol, you make this fun!

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Just because somebody questions your moronic posts doesn’t make them my parrot. @TODAY contributes WAY more on topic and meaningful material than you do.

Your book club thread here is assumably here for discussing the stuff that is in the book. Everything was on topic until you had to get your little petty dig in.

So pour another glass of Chardonnay for the gals and continue reciting what the book means to you. Your stage. Preach away. Lol, you make this fun!
Yet another thread gone to shit due to BBBG - parrots and ME (and I am sorry to contribute to the negativity) ... pretty much pointless to post here at all these days ... I remember when SI was awesome ... not because of my posting ... I'd be the 1st to say others provided far more and better content ... there was a real feeling of a brotherhood years ago that is just totally gone today - I used to love this place .... the absence of leadership at SI is more apparent than ever.

There just is a cloud of negativity that is ever present thanks to BBBG and his parrots ... it's not a matter of disagreeing with me that bothers me ... its the holier than thou BS and responding to direct comments I made to another person ... because I said I admired TJ for taking in his great grandfather .... I got a total dump of negativity on what was meant to be a compliment .. apparently that could not be allowed because someone has unlimited free time to google shit and it turned out my time table may have been off 5 or 10 years ... that WAS NOT THE POINT ... my point was my hat was off to am man who shared his 90+ great grandfather lived with him .. and I thought that was pretty fucking cool .... BBBG middle finger to you and your parrots ... now carry on with the negativity (without me) as it is what you thrive on ....

Reaction score
Yet another thread gone to shit due to BBBG - parrots and ME (and I am sorry to contribute to the negativity) ... pretty much pointless to post here at all these days ... I remember when SI was awesome ... not because of my posting ... I'd be the 1st to say others provided far more and better content ... there was a real feeling of a brotherhood years ago that is just totally gone today - I used to love this place .... the absence of leadership at SI is more apparent than ever.

There just is a cloud of negativity that is ever present thanks to BBBG and his parrots ... it's not a matter of disagreeing with me that bothers me ... its the holier than thou BS and responding to direct comments I made to another person ... because I said I admired TJ for taking in his great grandfather .... I got a total dump of negativity on what was meant to be a compliment .. apparently that could not be allowed because someone has unlimited free time to google shit and it turned out my time table may have been off 5 or 10 years ... that WAS NOT THE POINT ... my point was my hat was off to am man who shared his 90+ great grandfather lived with him .. and I thought that was pretty fucking cool .... BBBG middle finger to you and your parrots ... now carry on with the negativity (without me) as it is what you thrive on ....
Boo hoo

All because I corrected your statement that the guy was born before radio. Lol.

And @TODAY didn’t say anything negative in any shape or form. You are playing that Victim Card very hard today.

See you around @transcend2007. There’s a brotherhood here. It’s just that you don’t fit in any longer after leaving the board for years. I hear The Iron Den is a good place for the geriatrics that don’t train anymore and just want to shoot the shit with pen pals.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ah, I missed that part.

Multi-generational housing is hugely beneficial from a LOT of angles, longevity included

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I did not at all read through the quagmire, but if you guys haven't followed this man about anti-aging, reversing aging, extending lifespan, etc etc etc, you defintiely should

IG there was a time in not the too distant past that there would have been an intelligent conversation with dozens of people contributing on a thread like this one .. but that kind of conversation is no longer possible because of one member here and unfortunately a tiny number of parrots who follow him ... also known as the vocal minority ...

Luckily someone recently reminded me about the ignore feature which I will be using going forward ... while I'll now only see a 10% as many posts with BBBG (and his Alt accts) ignored it will at least be far better content ...

Reaction score
IG there was a time in not the too distant past that there would have been an intelligent conversation with dozens of people contributing on a thread like this one .. but that kind of conversation is no longer possible because of one member here and unfortunately a tiny number of parrots who follow him ... also known as the vocal minority ...

Luckily someone recently reminded me about the ignore feature which I will be using going forward ... while I'll now only see a 10% as many posts with BBBG (and his Alt accts) ignored it will at least be far better content ...
Go ahead and use the ignore feature. I can still make comments that other people can read and participate in the conversation.

I didn’t derail shit yesterday. You did with your passive aggressive comment “you miss the point again. As usual.” As if I’m some sort of mongoloid. You were wrong with your assertion about radio and all I did was provide a correction. That offended you.

Reaction score
I actually downloaded the book and I'm reading it. It looks interesting. If @transcend2007 could actually have a respectful conversation about the book then it would be a decent thread. But instead he just wants to have his turn at the podium and speak to a room full of applause. Anyone that disagrees with him is either a troll or a parrot.

I have ZERO alt accounts. This is a pathetic attempt to get me banned. If he wants to point us all to the alt accounts as "proof" then he should go ahead an post. Spoiler - he won't.

New Threads