HCG or Clomid to increase testosterone levels

Reaction score
I have zero plans or thoughts of attempting this, I am just curious about if this is a thing, but I have seen TRT places use Clomid for increasing test, and I thought some people use HCG mono therapy too. Have any of you ever done this or know about it? If it actually works I'd be surprised more don't do it. It must be very inferior to test injections.

My real question though is, once you stop the Clomid or HCG, (yes I know they don't work by the same mechanism) don't your levels fall back to baseline? Or can it cause a permanent increase

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
these mono therapies are used by endocrinologists and clinics to try to jump start your HPTA/natural testosterone production. It's not meant for a person to stay on permanently.

Clomid is better for this IMO than HCG, as it stimulates your HPTA to make LH and FSH... where as HCG will only mimic LH (not FSH) and does nothing to stimulate the HPTA to start working on its own

Reaction score
these mono therapies are used by endocrinologists and clinics to try to jump start your HPTA/natural testosterone production. It's not meant for a person to stay on permanently.

Clomid is better for this IMO than HCG, as it stimulates your HPTA to make LH and FSH... where as HCG will only mimic LH (not FSH) and does nothing to stimulate the HPTA to start working on its own
Interesting. I'm assuming it wouldn't do much for a person who already has a "normal" test level though. Probably would be insignificant to a serious bodybuilder or someone along those lines.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm assuming it wouldn't do much for a person who already has a "normal" test level though. Probably would be insignificant to a serious bodybuilder or someone along those lines.
probably not... it would not be insignificant for anyone with low testosterone though.

on another note; most people are not as serious of bodybuilders as they might think they are. 😏

Reaction score
probably not... it would not be insignificant for anyone with low testosterone though.

on another note; most people are not as serious of bodybuilders as they might think they are. 😏
Lol definitely and yeah I'm not saying I am I plan to be more than I am one day though.

Reaction score
I wasn't thinking of using it i was just actually curious. If I was I'd just do a test cycle but I'm not there yet

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
Just be aware that Clomid can cause permanent vision changes.

Many moons ago, I took it briefly, and it really fucked with my eyesight. Ironically, I didn't know that that was a potential side effect, I just noticed it. Fortunately, my eyes were returned to normal after I stopped taking it.

Reaction score
Just be aware that Clomid can cause permanent vision changes.

Many moons ago, I took it briefly, and it really fucked with my eyesight. Ironically, I didn't know that that was a potential side effect, I just noticed it. Fortunately, my eyes were returned to normal after I stopped taking it.
Fuck that... That sounds sketchy. Is that even a possibility when using Clomid to PCT?

New Threads