Higher dose of Test For the 40 somethings

Reaction score
How long do you run the higher dosages for typically? Is it just a fast forward button towards a certain body image goal? Impatient old fart

Hah well maybe its a slight fast forward to up the dose. Im not unhappy with my size but I like seeing improvements. I will say I don't typically run high doses for long. 8 or 12 weeks (12 was the longest) then back to trt. Maybe a little var for a few weeks here and there.

I was basically running trt level or up to 500mg mini blasts right up till lockdowns and lost access to the gym. At that point I stayed on about 150 mg a week for several months until the gym reopened. At that point I ran 6 weeks of dbol at 25mg and was feeling great. Dropped the dbol and upped the test to 500 again. The dbol moon face was not fun so I'm done with dbol for a while. Really I think I'm done with oral altogether, except maybe var occasionally
Really just wanted to see what other middle age guys were doing because we don't really fall in the same category as young dudes trying to get big, older bodies work a little different, and I'm at a decent size now, just want to keep healthy and keep moving forward. Just thought I'd pick the brains here in the forum. Lots of knowledgeable dudes here .

Reaction score
Yes. What feels like “normal” to you and to myself will vary greatly. Over the last 10 years my dosages have gone up. I have genuine discussions with my physician about my quality of life. 300 mgs is my floor. My numbers stay solid, other than some blood draws for hemocrit levels I’m healthier than I’ve ever been. A lot of testosterone mills will set arbitrary caps on dosages basically broadcasting what they’re primary purpose is.
Hopefully we can avoid the debate on the semantics. Cruise, therapy, “cycle” that is not cycled. Dealers choice

As far as gains slowing. No. If I think about the gym I gain muscle. I don’t increase my test to gain. I increase clean kcal. over 40 trying to bulk is a line I didn’t want to even bother trying to walk. I don’t compete

Interesting take my dude. Whats your age now?

So whats your max dose on test if you have 300 as your floor?

Tiny

Elite
Reaction score
Interesting take my dude. Whats your age now?

So whats your max dose on test if you have 300 as your floor?

Shit comes in 200mg 1cc vials from my pharmacy
Problem is every vial really has 1.20-1.25cc

Ill jump to 500-750 and nothing changes. I’m not changing my diet, or my training so any “gains” would be temporary. I can go kcal deficient, cut fat and maintain muscle with 300 so it’s a waste.

Almost 41 yo

Reaction score
40's - after a few years on TRT I tried a 300mg week for 4 weeks then tapered down and it was amazing. No side effects except sex drive increase. Well, until I tapered down then it sucked. If I could have stayed on that it would have been great for a good 8 weeks (I ran out).
But I've seen 2 separate endo doctors and both were very strict about 60-70 mg weekly. At one point my first doc was giving me 125 weekly but I tested "over 1500" and was put on 60. Even at that I test at 600.
Both doctors claim they never go over 70mg weekly.
But at 125 week my clotting factor was also a bit high which is something people rarely talk about but clots happen, Randy Coutoure, Devon Larratt last month and several others.
So in order to keep getting scripts I cannot go over 60-70 wk.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
40's - after a few years on TRT I tried a 300mg week for 4 weeks then tapered down and it was amazing. No side effects except sex drive increase. Well, until I tapered down then it sucked. If I could have stayed on that it would have been great for a good 8 weeks (I ran out).
But I've seen 2 separate endo doctors and both were very strict about 60-70 mg weekly. At one point my first doc was giving me 125 weekly but I tested "over 1500" and was put on 60. Even at that I test at 600.
Both doctors claim they never go over 70mg weekly.
But at 125 week my clotting factor was also a bit high which is something people rarely talk about but clots happen, Randy Coutoure, Devon Larratt last month and several others.
So in order to keep getting scripts I cannot go over 60-70 wk.
You need to get ur hands on some more test

Reaction score
I would love to be able to get more just to have it but I never know when the doc is going to request a blood test so I have limited time to cycle. One time I had to do a lab and was only at 100mg week but I knew I was too high so I took 2 weeks off and still tested over normal/high range?
Even though 60 mg week is lower than I would like I actually test around 600?

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Your body really responds to test. 200 mg a week gets me in the 900s at peak.

Reaction score
Im 54 and cruise on 200 mg of test cyp a week and sometimes cut it to 150 mg , for a blast (Usually for contest prep) I usually double the test to 400 MG and add in either EQ (400) or Deca (3-400) and run for first part of my prep (The building phase) than shift out for a more traditional cut stack (Last year it was Test 400, kept the Deca in until a month out, Masteron 300 mg ,Anavar 50 mg day, Winstrol for last 20 days at 50 mg) this year am doing (Test 400 MG, TREN E 200 MG, Masteron 300 MG , WInny 25 days out at 50 MG, Anavar 25 days out at 50 MG) When second contest is over I will drop back to a cruise and wait about a month to see where my blood levels are at . I also run cardarine 10 mg a day seems to keep my lipids reasonable, fish oils everyday , and use berberine to keep my blood sugar low, Oh and 4 IU HGH during prep and 2 IU when im cruising .......Damn thats a lot of shit! I've gone to a good doc for about twelve years (First time I touched any anabolics was at 42) and do my blood panels religiously.....Also as Ive gotten older I slug away on the liss doing way more steady state cardio then I ever imagined

Reaction score
Your body really responds to test. 200 mg a week gets me in the 900s at peak.

I do respond well to test. But I also get really skinny fast if I take time off. I was tested recently after doing a 70mg shot and it was 1300 but was only 2 days after the shot. I had to get re-tested 2 weeks later and I felt like my levels tanked because I just skipped a week and it was 600? Weird. When I'm seeing really good results in the gym and taking a little extra my levels must be really high.
I assumed that taking 70mg could not raise your levels more than 70. Obviously the logic doesn't transfer because the blood test is nanograms per decilitre of blood but I was just having a extended moron moment. Truly stupid.

Reaction score
jscan - (sorry forgot the quote html) How do you avoid testing high when doing blood work? If I tested high more than 2 times in a row my doctor would probably consider dropping me. If they write a script for someone always over 1000 and the DEA checks their work they could get in serious trouble. But it isn't just test levels, there are several things that have to be normal like blood thickness and such.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Nice read...Ive always kept my doses on the low to mid range...always yielded good results..
My TRT is 100mgs Test E/50mgs Deca per wk
I dialed this in a few yrs ago..Everyone is different here..

Now high Test....
I ran a high Test/Deca run a few yrs back..
Test 600-800...peak 1k for 3 wks
Deca 600-800...for 14wks...

Notes:
Only sides on high test...oily skin..shorter fuse
Constant Wood
Deca conclusion:for me gains from 400+mgs a wk not worth the $..

I liked the gram a wk..Sorry it was nice
Mainly did it to see how I responded to high Test/Deca...no estro issues
I'd run a gr of t
Test before I'd do Tren again..

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
jscan - (sorry forgot the quote html) How do you avoid testing high when doing blood work? If I tested high more than 2 times in a row my doctor would probably consider dropping me.

If you know the blood test is coming up you could just do what you did when you tested 600.

Reaction score
Yes that makes sense. The problem is when I get asked to do a lab I'm always doing different amounts for different amounts of time so it's always guess work. One problem is if I just go clean and wait a few weeks my levels could tank. Then that looks just as suspicious. Obviously I could just use as prescribed but the magic that happens if I go a bit high is just too tempting. One workaround would be to use a different compound but that could effect other aspects of blood work and at my age I'm not super interested in orals and such.
Test is very mild. No connections either and with mail I feel like I'm going to be raided by federal police.
When asked for a lab I will say I'm busy for a few weeks, take a few weeks off then start with a few weeks of super low dose then get tested and hope for a good result. Or when Sometimes when I'm running my proper dose I ask to be tested because I'm curious about my "cholesterol". Then I'll show normal and have some time do work with. Just curious what other people who run serious amounts do when being monitored by a doctor who is also providing a script.

Reaction score
jscan - (sorry forgot the quote html) How do you avoid testing high when doing blood work? If I tested high more than 2 times in a row my doctor would probably consider dropping me. If they write a script for someone always over 1000 and the DEA checks their work they could get in serious trouble. But it isn't just test levels, there are several things that have to be normal like blood thickness and such.

I've gone to a "Age management" Dr since I was 42, He knows everything I do and that I bodybuild and does my blood work about 4 times a year. I go to regular Dr through company insurance for stuff like blood pressure and routine stuff, but all my labs go through him

Reaction score
Nice. I've searched for those in my area of MA but there are none. If my endocronologist gets a high lab result I have to continue to re-test until things are normal. But they are busy so they don't require 4 tests per year.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Nice. I've searched for those in my area of MA but there are none. If my endocronologist gets a high lab result I have to continue to re-test until things are normal. But they are busy so they don't require 4 tests per year.

There are several in eastern MA, and a quick Google search found some in Worcester, Springfield and Pittsfield.

They are out there.

Oldbastard

Reaction score
I usually do minimal 1000 mg week . Of course preferably Sust or a mix . At 55 I never cycle AAS without HGH

Reaction score
My guy only requires two tests a year, I end up doing a couple additional when contest prepping

Reaction score
I did I quick search and found a site "Springfield anti-aging/hormone therapy" but it was a feeder site. The actual locations are all in Eastern Ma. They use html that changes the locations on the intro pages to draw in people in areas where there are no locations. But there may be other companies that work in Western Ma.
For now I'm good with my free doc from MA Health. Until she boots me :).

Reactions: CJ