How Important is Belief, for Success?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Dr's told me after the stroke , I would never walk again , I couldn't feed myself , couldn't dress myself wash myself fuck I couldn't even blink my eye they had it covered n closed so it wouldn't dry out , spent weeks non verbal unable to move in a chair just staring out a window screaming in my fucking head at God for him to just let me be able to move and for someone to hear me scream

... Sometimes faith and belief in yourself is all you have left. Believing in yourself is the most important thing someone can do , it's also one of the hardest.

buck

Reaction score
I find being willing to try is the important thing. But maybe to be the best in the world, then maybe belief comes into play. But i have no experience with that. But by being willing to try i accomplished way more than i ever dreamed i would in serval areas of life by being willing to try.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm going outside the lifting box here because this relates more to my other sports.

I think Belief is the lies you tell yourself that you choose to believe. Here's my example; I love to hunt with a bow. I spend a lot of time prepping a food plot, putting out my train cams, and scouting. Most of the time I will go out and never see a buck, sometimes not even a single deer. I spend hours and can go 20 days in a tree and not get that perfect shot to take.

Now with those odds, why bother? My chances of seeing a buck let alone get a shot are slim to none. But I get up early and tell myself, there's a good moon, or it rained last night and they will be moving, or the rutt is on, or I just saw a monster on the trail cam or the eggcorns are falling or 100 other BS stuff to get my ass out there. Belief in those lies is also the reason there's a buck hanging at my place each year.

Just a different spin on the topic.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm going outside the lifting box here because this relates more to my other sports.

I think Belief is the lies you tell yourself that you choose to believe. Here's my example; I love to hunt with a bow. I spend a lot of time prepping a food plot, putting out my train cams, and scouting. Most of the time I will go out and never see a buck, sometimes not even a single deer. I spend hours and can go 20 days in a tree and not get that perfect shot to take.

Now with those odds, why bother? My chances of seeing a buck let alone get a shot are slim to none. But I get up early and tell myself, there's a good moon, or it rained last night and they will be moving, or the rutt is on, or I just saw a monster on the trail cam or the eggcorns are falling or 100 other BS stuff to get my ass out there. Belief in those lies is also the reason there's a buck hanging at my place each year.

Just a different spin on the topic.
I used to tell myself I'm not gonna see any deer sitting on my couch either so may as well get my ass out in the tree.

In response to the OP, belief for success is kind of a mute point to me. How ya gonna know if ya don't try. So as far as Belief goes, it's not I'm gonna try, but I'm gonna do it. Also helps to make realistic goals.