How strict are you? Extreme or moderate?

buck

Reaction score
Crap in crap out. Maybe i should rephrase. i shoot for at least 80% clean. Although these days i think along the lines of healthy food, lightly processed and heavily processed.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Same here. I don't stay as motivated in the bitter cold plus I blame weight gain on the holidays.
I'm probably the most strict in the spring.
I'd like to clarify something. I'm just talking about diet. I do pair my work out down a little bit during archery season but I never miss a workout. Other than archery season, I'm full throttle.

It always kills me when guys go on cycle and now it's time to start getting serious.

Reaction score
I feel I'm perceived as fairly strict to the average person, but would perhaps be considered moderate to this group.
I keep my calories right around 2,000 per day to maintain 196-198lbs, shooting for 150-200 grams of protein. Chicken breast is beginning to taste like plastic and I choke it down because of the superior protein to calorie ratio. I tell myself how it helps my body, and that makes it slightly palatable.

Reaction score
I'd like to clarify something. I'm just talking about diet. I do pair my work out down a little bit during archery season but I never miss a workout. Other than archery season, I'm full throttle.

It always kills me when guys go on cycle and now it's time to start getting serious.
I'm on the same page with you. Getting my workouts in is rarely an issue.
The only thing that normally stops me from getting in at least 3 to 4 times a week is illness or injury.

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Fairly strict by gen-pop standards, but probably not by BB standards.

The vast majority of my meals are home-cooked and comprised almost entirely of lean proteins, starches, grains, vegetables, fruit, yogurt, and protein powder.

I love cooking and truly enjoy my diet.

buck

Reaction score
Just got the calculator out and it seems that i have made over 98% of the food i have eaten for the last 35 years. I may get some take out or go to a restaurant once a week or less. Ate 5+ meals a day plus 1 protein shake year round for over 25 years. The last few years i have cut back to 2-3 meals and a protein shake as i dont train as hard as when i was a kid in my 50's. I like to cook. Which works out well as if i am going to be eating that many meals i want them to be good. Makes it easier to get them down. And it doesn't really take all that much time either.

New Threads