Intro

Reaction score
What’s up, new member here been lurking here and meso lately
Little intro, I was into lifting in high school, graduated and blew the hell up, long story short 2021 I was 26 and weighed 468 pounds at 6’5. I’ve always been pretty broad and had a big chest so I was about as non-sloppy as you could be at that weight but still a whale nonetheless. Fast forward I’m currently 28, weigh 305 and been in the gym and working on some pretty solid ( so far ) body recomp for the past year and a half after a year of dieting and not working out.
At 305 I clearly still have some body fat to get rid of but I’ve built a pretty solid ( imo ) foundation after rediscovering my love for working out. Up until very very recently I was so hyper-focused on the fat burning side of things that I just plateaued on every aspect of lifting, started actually really feeding myself again and giving my body enough time to recover and immediately broke through and last week I literally PR’d every compound in three consecutive workouts so that felt amazing.
I’m sure given me being in this forum and lurking meso probably gives some of you a decent idea of where I’m considering going with things next, I was interested in high school but even more so now and have been doing a lot of research but that’s a conversation for another time and not really the point of this post lol.

Look forward to getting to know some like minded people, outside of a few guys I see at the gym from time-to-time I don’t really have anyone to talk about this passion with, if anything I think most people just find my borderline obsession with it as off-putting but you gotta be weird about shit to normal people to be great, right? Fuck it

Reaction score
I saw in another post apparently you guys want to know stats and diet and training style so uh here I guess:
Bench : 315
Deadlift: 405
Squat: for full ROM breaking parallel only 365

Been training in a huge deficit for a long time, just starting to really get strong again those numbers are kind of embarrassing at 305 lbs but whatever

Training style: PPL, was doing 6 days a week currently on 4 days a week to try and break plateau. 3 30 minute cardio sessions a week after lifting, don’t do cardio after leg day. I train with more of a hypertrophy focus so focusing on stretch and contraction of muscle vs weight instead of just moving weight, high reps. Train to failure on every muscle group, even drop squats down to 135 and squat until the rack has to take the bar lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CJ
Reaction score
Welcome dude. You're huge! you'll get way stronger with time, don't even worry about those numbers, just keep plugging along.

Reaction score
Thank you both, and yeah not too worried about the numbers but I’m rewarding myself in a sense for my progress so far by eating in a slight surplus ( just by maintenance standards, with exercise accounted for it’s a few hundred cal. Deficit net ) and just focusing on gains for a little bit. Hitting those three lifts last week was so fun though, and even before attempting those I’ve been back to having just good ass fun working out feeling strong again. I’ll be back to a deficit soon enough but I doubt I’ll go back as low as I was
For a long time I was at:
2700 calories, not tracking macros as much just being conscious of staying around 250g of protein and 200g of carbs.
Currently I’m just not even counting my calories while I let myself have a little fun lol but I know I’m currently closer to 300g of protein. I am being conscious of not letting myself get too undisciplined though.
My assumed maintenance is about 3000 with 250g of protein and 250g of carbs. According to the macro calculator on bb.com it says closer to 300g of carbs but I tend to feel pretty lethargic and just like a fat piece of shit closer to those carb numbers.

Didn’t realize the calories I burn in a day until I recently bought an Apple Watch either. According to that thing I’m burning about 2,000 calories per workout ( 2 hrs long, maybe a few minutes over, roughly 1.5 of lifting and always at least .5 of cardio )

I don’t know how accurate that is but I was apparently in a 2300 calorie deficit for a long time. No wonder my joints feel like shit and I was making very minimal strength gains after hitting a mini plateau

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground sir, appreciate that you took the time to write out a proper intro.

Congrats on your body transformation, you must feel soooo much better now at a lesser weight. Looking forward to seeing your continued progress.

Many post their training and nutrition logs in the Online Journal subforum. Give it a thought.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Thank you both, and yeah not too worried about the numbers but I’m rewarding myself in a sense for my progress so far by eating in a slight surplus ( just by maintenance standards, with exercise accounted for it’s a few hundred cal. Deficit net ) and just focusing on gains for a little bit. Hitting those three lifts last week was so fun though, and even before attempting those I’ve been back to having just good ass fun working out feeling strong again. I’ll be back to a deficit soon enough but I doubt I’ll go back as low as I was
For a long time I was at:
2700 calories, not tracking macros as much just being conscious of staying around 250g of protein and 200g of carbs.
Currently I’m just not even counting my calories while I let myself have a little fun lol but I know I’m currently closer to 300g of protein. I am being conscious of not letting myself get too undisciplined though.
My assumed maintenance is about 3000 with 250g of protein and 250g of carbs. According to the macro calculator on bb.com it says closer to 300g of carbs but I tend to feel pretty lethargic and just like a fat piece of shit closer to those carb numbers.

Didn’t realize the calories I burn in a day until I recently bought an Apple Watch either. According to that thing I’m burning about 2,000 calories per workout ( 2 hrs long, maybe a few minutes over, roughly 1.5 of lifting and always at least .5 of cardio )

I don’t know how accurate that is but I was apparently in a 2300 calorie deficit for a long time. No wonder my joints feel like shit and I was making very minimal strength gains after hitting a mini plateau

Breaking up your fat loss into defined stages is a solid way of going about it. Eating at maintenance or slightly above for a month or so before getting back on the fat loss track is fine, just be mindful to not go overboard. Try to cement good habits, continue to eat quality foods, just add more carbohydrates around your training windows, and the occasional off plan food/meal at a gathering/social event without feeling bad.

You got this, it's just math and doing what needs to be done over time with consistency.

New Threads