Kratom

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just think it could be something that might be used for athletes with injuries and an alternative to taking prescription pain killers, or even high dosages of otc drugs such as Tylenol or ibuprofen. I also enjoy bringing up “controversial” subjects like this to watch how many people completely lose their minds over something they really don’t know a thing about. I believe it is better for an athlete to take something like this rather than hydrocodone, Nubian, and eventually sometimes leading into heroine addiction. But I suppose this can also lead to worse things if the user is that weak minded and addiction prone. But I guess at the end of the day it depends on who is taking it, and how are they allowing it to impact their lives. Just like any other drug, even steroids, they can be abused and lead to negative things.

I think it would benefit an injured athlete it not abused. Hell, I think it could be used as an alternative to drinking alcohol as a way to “unwind” without the liver toxicity. But like any drug, even things like caffeine, there is always a risk of the user becoming dependent if not careful. I believe the risks are up to the user whether or not they abuse it or not. Just like anything else, even gear, too much of a good thing can be bad. At the end of the day every drug has its risks, it’s up to the user whether the potential risks are worth the effects. I’m not saying Kratom is a good thing, but I also think it’s better than most of the things available even OTC. POB is right though, we do need more scientific research... just my opinion though

I would have to agree with you on the marijuana. It is tried and true. And I think the government has no business telling people what they can put in their own bodies. If you are dumb enough to smoke crack or inject heroine, then you are most likely going to do it regardless of the legality. Putting people in cages for drugs is the dumbest solution possible, and just leads to people being career criminals. The war on drugs in an absolute joke and a failure.

The above posts... "I think" "I believe." Well what to do about prescription narcotics is a serious question and no doubt athletes are at high risk of abuse due to injuries. But what you think or believe doesn't matter when talking about medicine. There is a scientific method for reviewing very minute aspects of how a drug works.

And this has nothing to do with big brother or marijuana. It has to do with unscrupulous companies selling this to people by telling them it has no addictive properties and relieves opioid addiction when it turns out that might not be so true after all.

You shouldn't be so excited to go into this on the blind. Demand research. But until then this stuff shouldn't be discussed as though it's safe.

If my first point I made in this thread was missed... Asteroids are very much natural. Not so much for safe though.

If you don’t think tren is mind/ mood altering, idk what planet you are from....

Lol'd. Accurate here.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
They are drugs as well what’s your point ?

Kratom is mind/mood altering

Comparing Kratom to tren is like comparing oxy to a inhaler

Marijuana and psiloscybin are both mind altering as well but both have unimagineable properties and neither have any health risks. Anybody that would inject compounds (none of which you even know are the actual compound) and then look down on people doing a pretty well obviously harmless (rec drug) seem to me to need prioritizing.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Marijuana and psiloscybin are both mind altering as well but both have unimagineable properties and neither have any health risks. Anybody that would inject compounds (none of which you even know are the actual compound) and then look down on people doing a pretty well obviously harmless (rec drug) seem to me to need prioritizing.

Really bro I’m not even going to try to be nice here. So basically you are saying everyone on this board who uses tren and doesn’t use kratom needs to prioritize lmao gtfo dude.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
n1rVmRS.jpg

#TheMatrix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I tried it one time...it tastes like battery acid.

Shoved it in my "**** that" drawer and it's still there. 3lbs of it I have some away to an old man with pain issues. He said he actually felt Abit better. Now that I remember I may give him the whole ****ing sack

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Really bro I’m not even going to try to be nice here. So basically you are saying everyone on this board who uses tren and doesn’t use kratom needs to prioritize lmao gtfo dude.

No, but Im saying that throwing stones at kratom while injecting things that you really might have no clue what is in them seems like a complete contradiction in philosophy. I dont do AAS other than my trt dose. It's not for me, but you would look down on a rec drug that sure appears to be harmless while basically promoting a drug that can definitely be dangerous. Seems odd to me but that's just me. Ill duck out and leave you guys with your kratom. Bout to smoke a bowl of good herb and tuck in with the wife

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
u guys sniff this shit or what?

Reactions: Jin

boxing45

Reaction score
i think im gonna try it

Yeah it’s pretty good stuff bro. Just take one level tablespoon. I like to mix mine with bcaas and slam it back to try to cover the taste. It tastes like a bitter tea.

Reaction score
Yeah it’s pretty good stuff bro. Just take one level tablespoon. I like to mix mine with bcaas and slam it back to try to cover the taste. It tastes like a bitter tea.

Thank you for this advice. I want to try too;)

Reaction score
Kratom has no place in body building. If you need it for pain take something that in non addictive. Kratom has similar effects to opiates, I’m not sure if it is or not but it feels like it. I used drugs in my late teens, I used Kratom to fix my opiate withdrawal a few times. Kratom will make you withdrawal from it if you take it every day. Opiate withdrawal is not fun. I don’t know why anyone would want to set them selves up like that. Take a god damn Tylenol

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
Kratom has no place in body building. If you need it for pain take something that in non addictive. Kratom has similar effects to opiates, I’m not sure if it is or not but it feels like it. I used drugs in my late teens, I used Kratom to fix my opiate withdrawal a few times. Kratom will make you withdrawal from it if you take it every day. Opiate withdrawal is not fun. I don’t know why anyone would want to set them selves up like that. Take a god damn Tylenol

Any drug/ supplement has its risk. Alcohol will give you withdraws if you drink every day over too long.
Noones saying we shouldnt drink? Its ok if you csnt handle it responsibly. Let the people who can enjoy it.

Reaction score
Haha.you When you drink alcohol and get drunk you feel like shit the next day. You don’t feel like drinking again. Kratom is different. You feel amazing and then you come off and feel normal. I’m not saying everyone is going to get addicted to it. I never thought I would have got caught in something like that. Kratom is a lot easier to become dependent on. You don’t need it for body building so why take a chance with it anyways. If you can’t handle pain then your a pussy

silvereyes87

Elite
Reaction score
I take it more recreationally then for bodybuilding. I have multiple injuries that if i need to, i take ib profin for the anti imflamatories.
Youre entitled to your own opinions. I dont have an addictive personality so i can take it my 5 days a minth and be fine. Sorry that you can't.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
Any drug/ supplement has its risk. Alcohol will give you withdraws if you drink every day over too long.
Noones saying we shouldnt drink? Its ok if you csnt handle it responsibly. Let the people who can enjoy it.
Exactly and as I've said before, I don't see anything wrong with kratom in moderation. Expecially when compared to the Pharmaceutical opioids that doctors pimp out all the damn time. I'd rather be hooked on Kratom than Oxycontin.

Haha.you When you drink alcohol and get drunk you feel like shit the next day. You don’t feel like drinking again. Kratom is different. You feel amazing and then you come off and feel normal. I’m not saying everyone is going to get addicted to it. I never thought I would have got caught in something like that. Kratom is a lot easier to become dependent on. You don’t need it for body building so why take a chance with it anyways. If you can’t handle pain then your a pussy

How old are you? Either way, you know you're talking out of your ass right?

I'm not the only recovering alcoholic on this board. I can tell you alcohol is very easy to get addicted to because it's socially acceptable. Also withdrawals are much worse than any other withdrawal including heroin.

In fact alcohol withdrawals, is the only withdrawal that can actually KILL YOU.

With all other drugs, it's the overdose that kills you and the withdrawals just makes you sick but you live to throw up another day.

Infact, Amy Winehouse died of alcohol withdrawal and not an overdose of drugs like most people thought. I guess she should have went to rehab after all huh.

Last edited:

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
Not the only one. Benzodiazepine withdrawal can kill you too. Fun fact!
Yeah I knew that but I purposely excluded those because they're used to treat alcoholism.

I don't know of anyone who's ever gotten hooked on benzos, that wasn't already an alcoholic.

Last edited:

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Yeah I knew that but I purposely excluded those because they're used to treat alcoholism.

I don't know of anyone who's ever gotten hooked on benzos, that wasn't already an alcoholic.

There are loads of people who aren’t alcoholics hooked on benzodiazepines: most of them are prescribed large doses. Just like many opioid addicts.

If you actually meant they were used to treat alcoholism and not just withdraw from alcohol, I’d be very interested in reviewing some material outlining how.

New Threads