Man think I tore my bicep!!!

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
So I was at work, some female coming off a small ladder with one hand full of shit, misjudges her steps coming down. Starts to fall backwards I just happen to be there, I catch her ease her to the ground then help her up.
I'm thinking cool right place right time. Then I feel my right bicep getting real stiff, started to bother me looked at arm from my angle looked good thought maybe I strained it. Was at the end of the day, so driving home really started to flare up super stiff with a burning/pain.
Got home took off my shirt in the bathroom to take a shower, flex that bicep noticed it look like it was detached for my shoulder. I'm like fuck me, drove my ass urgent Care, PA said yup sure looks like it.
Since it's a work-related injury had to fill out a C4, not going to use my private insurance. Now got to referral to go see the orthopedic and do your MRI. Probably alot of red tape to go thru with a workman's comp. This really blows I was on blast with test, Deca and tbol.
Still going to go and I do legs, I'm just wondering if I could do super light chest, Tris and shoulders. I'm assuming any back exercises that evolved pulling pretty much out.
Has anybody kept training with a partially torn bicep??

FearThaGear

Reaction score
I wouldn't do anything lifting related until you find out for sure if you tore it or not.

You would be surprised at how much bicep is involved in other movements when you are working out.

You don't want to agrivate it more, especially if you can avoid a full tear and possible surgury.

Hopefully it's just a bad strain.

Good luck man.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I wouldn't do anything lifting related until you find out for sure if you tore it or not.

You would be surprised at how much bicep is involved in other movements when you are working out.

You don't want to agrivate it more, especially if you can avoid a full tear and possible surgury.

Hopefully it's just a bad strain.

Good luck man.
Hell, just racking weight alone will use your biceps. If it werent detached, i.e. muscle tear, etc, I might feel differently.

I'd avoid lifting until your MRI personally.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
^^^ They're right, you use the antagonist muscles more than you realize.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you’re in for some fun. See my thread in the injury forum…. You’ll be able to do some things, but it’s not worth risking tearing the distal tendon 2x.

Reaction score
i would definitely not mess around with upper body for a while, give yourself some rest

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That sucks man focus on healing

Reaction score
Ouch...get that checked out man, especially if it looks displaced. Good deed catching that falling woman and I'm sure she thanks you for that!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear man! I agree with all that's been said here.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I tore mine about 3 years ago on a deadlift, It sucked bad. Ever tried wiping your ass with the opposite hand of the one you’ve used your whole life? It’s harder than it might sound lol. I never had surgery and it still doesn’t look the quiet same as before because it just kind of sits higher up on my arm but it I regained full use of it again within 3-4 months probably. Hopefully you don’t have a complete rupture and it’ll heal like mine did.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
I tore mine about 3 years ago on a deadlift, It sucked bad. Ever tried wiping your ass with the opposite hand of the one you’ve used your whole life? It’s harder than it might sound lol. I never had surgery and it still doesn’t look the quiet same as before because it just kind of sits higher up on my arm but it I regained full use of it again within 3-4 months probably. Hopefully you don’t have a complete rupture and it’ll heal like mine did.
Yeah the left hand wipe took me a few goes to get used to… showering is challenging…

I’ve met a few folks that didn’t get surgery after a full rupture and they don’t regret it, but then again they’re not lifters. How much deficit do you have in that arm man? Or was it a partial tear and it healed properly?

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
Fucker started turning black and blue. Still waiting for the referral....fuck me
Yeah it’s done. Don’t wait, if this is workers comp then they’ll eventually reimburse you for out of pocket and/or using your own insurance. I went to an Ortho on call the same day, MRI the next, and within a week my chosen doctor was operating. You have about a 2 week window to get surgery, any longer and the bicep will be harder to stretch back and attach making for a harder and more painful recovery my doc said…

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Yeah it’s done. Don’t wait, if this is workers comp then they’ll eventually reimburse you for out of pocket and/or using your own insurance. I went to an Ortho on call the same day, MRI the next, and within a week my chosen doctor was operating. You have about a 2 week window to get surgery, any longer and the bicep will be harder to stretch back and attach making for a harder and more painful recovery my doc said…
Excellent advice right here!

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah the left hand wipe took me a few goes to get used to… showering is challenging…

I’ve met a few folks that didn’t get surgery after a full rupture and they don’t regret it, but then again they’re not lifters. How much deficit do you have in that arm man? Or was it a partial tear and it healed properly?
I’m into powerlifting and I’ve regained full use of it. Only thing I can’t really do is heavy curls because it knots up/cramps up on me. I don’t really have any complaints though.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
Update
Well got news from the Orthopedic have a proximal full rupture from the shoulder, gonna have surgery. Plus they gotta do MRI on shoulder also might be some years also. Fuck me. Oh well just alot of cardio and legs I guess

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Update
Well got news from the Orthopedic have a proximal full rupture from the shoulder, gonna have surgery. Plus they gotta do MRI on shoulder also might be some years also. Fuck me. Oh well just alot of cardio and legs I guess
Fuck man , God Bless and do what ever they tell ya so you can heal up proper.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
I had a complete distal bicept tear a few years back. There is a very short window of time with bicep tears to where it's operable. If I remember correctly it was between 4 and 6 weeks (depending on what Ortho you talk to). Any longer than that from the tear and they just tell you you have to live with it. I would get into a Ortho asap before you fuck yourself.

New Threads