New guy here for info and the occasional question

Reaction score
Turning 36, 5’10”, 225 lbs been in the gym a few times over my adult life- longest stretch was 4 months. Ive been doing construction for a living since I was 18. Depending on the type of work I get down to 210-200 lbs but recently hit 251. The last 2 months I have been in the gym at least 4 days a week and dropped 25 lbs within a few weeks but the weight loss has tapered off. I cut back the drinking to once a week max and when I do indulge it’s not very much.

been doing the ppl split , supplementing with creatine monohydrate, multi vitamin and a whey casein blend protein . Rough calculation puts my protein between 100-170 grams a day usually on the lower side.
As far as cardio I’m just hitting the fan bike for 10-15 min- my knees have gotten weak the last few years. I use to enjoy running

I’m not much of a bread eater but do eat quite a bit of salmon/halibut/fresh tuna/chicken along with 2-3 apples a day and 2 bananas.

My initial goal was to lose 30-40 lbs but the more I go to the gym the more I want to try and gain strength and some muscle.

Anyways I look forward to using the knowledge base here and gratefully receiving any help/ pointers from people who know what they are doing. Thanks !

- Mike

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the crew.

If gaining strength and muscle is the goal, better get that protein up! Work on getting 180g or so per day, minimum.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I’ll be doing my best to research before I post a question.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Welcome Mike.

Get more protein in and keep at it. Don’t worry about the scale right now. Go by how you look.

Reaction score
Thanks. I left the headphones in the gym bag this time and finally caught the personal trainer/Body builder chick when she wasn’t busy. She said she’d be able to get me lined out.