Noob injured !!

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am 51, 61.5Kg, 5’5”.

I started lifting two months ago, was 57.8kg when i started.

Lifting was alternative with hitting the punch bag.

Somehow i seem to have some pain at my right elbow. I know its not normal muscle tear, the pain seems to arise from some place near the joints.

Thing is i can still lift (9kg dumbbells each) as long as i dont make moves that involve folding and unfolding my elbow. Surprisingly i have trouble with even brushing my teeth with my right hand !

I can do over heads and bench presses. Oh yeah, i stopped boxing because it causes pain due to the impact it has on my elbow.

Anyone has such experience with the pain at the elbow ? Does this mean i am at the end of the road for lifting or this is normal ? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am 51, 61.5Kg, 5’5”.

I started lifting two months ago, was 57.8kg when i started.

Lifting was alternative with hitting the punch bag.

Somehow i seem to have some pain at my right elbow. I know its not normal muscle tear, the pain seems to arise from some place near the joints.

Thing is i can still lift (9kg dumbbells each) as long as i dont make moves that involve folding and unfolding my elbow. Surprisingly i have trouble with even brushing my teeth with my right hand !

I can do over heads and bench presses. Oh yeah, i stopped boxing because it causes pain due to the impact it has on my elbow.

Anyone has such experience with the pain at the elbow ? Does this mean i am at the end of the road for lifting or this is normal ? Thanks.
Rest for a bit and see if it gets better or go to an ortho doc and get it checked out.
If it were me, I'd go to the ortho doc.

Reaction score
Rest for a bit and see if it gets better or go to an ortho doc and get it checked out.
If it were me, I'd go to the ortho doc.
This is very wise advice.

Wow! Rest and if it doesn’t get better go to the doctor.

You’re so smart! Thanks for the great advice.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
*moved to proper forum

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
As a side dish Ibuprofen goes with anything , Ibuprofen and eggs ,, Ibuprofen and chicken n rice ,, Ibuprofen with yogurt .... see where im heading with that ?

Sounds like tendonitis.

Reaction score
I would get pains like that. Idk if it's excruciating that you don't do moves like curls. Mine hurt bad but I would work through it but with a lighter weight than usual. I would take ibuprofen and ice it every night. After a while of dealing with it (Now this might seem odd or just a personal case) I noticed if I started massaging the top muscle of my forearm (the muscle if you are looking at the top of your forearm where the hairs are and move your fingers. The muscle fibers you see on the top of your forearm) every night it helped a lot with the elbow pain. I even started using massage gun on it. In the end I just took a break for a few weeks and kept doing that it pretty much took it away. There was a dull pain when I went back to working out and eventually it went away. I still did the massage gun and ice every night. That was about a year ago. Now I don't have any pain there. Idk if it was a muscle pull in my forearm that was triggering that pain but I thought it was really odd how much it helped. That's just what I experienced. Like some of the guys said I would go to the orthopedic to be safe. Especially if it's bad. You don't want it end up turning into something where you can't workout. Good luck!

Reaction score
As a side dish Ibuprofen goes with anything , Ibuprofen and eggs ,, Ibuprofen and chicken n rice ,, Ibuprofen with yogurt .... see where im heading with that ?

Sounds like tendonitis.
I agree with Yano on the tendonitis. Mine is the left arm, inner elbow (golfer's elbow). I never golfed in my life by the way.
I find relief during flare-ups with a brace on the upper forearm below the elbow. The commercial braces have a pressure pad that you place on the inner or outer tendon running up the arm, depending on where the pain is of course. These are easy to find at any drug store or larger retail outlet.

Reaction score
I agree with Yano on the tendonitis. Mine is the left arm, inner elbow (golfer's elbow). I never golfed in my life by the way.
I find relief during flare-ups with a brace on the upper forearm below the elbow. The commercial braces have a pressure pad that you place on the inner or outer tendon running up the arm, depending on where the pain is of course. These are easy to find at any drug store or larger retail outlet.
Same with me I never golfed or played tennis. Those braces are not bad I used them before but the Velcro kept ripping apart so I ended up buying a neoprene sleeve that goes from lower bicep to top of forearm and that worked great for me. I use it now only if It starts bothering me.

New Threads