Opinions on List of Supplements

Reaction score
I'm not a competitive bodybuilder, I'm just attempting to look awesome as an older gentleman, perhaps live forever etc. It's definitely a work in progress.
When I show the typical non-workout person my list of supplements, they think I'm crazy. This has never been documented and/or proven. That's for another thread, but I digress. Please take a look at this list at your leisure, and let me know if you feel my OCD has gotten the best of me. I gave this list to the intake person at my last doctor's appointment. There were eye daggers as she was typing it into my history.

Pain and Anti-Inflammation
CoQ10 - 200mg Daily
Resveratrol - 500mg Daily
Ginger Root - 1,100mg Daily
Milk Thistle - 175mg x 2 Daily
Turmeric Curcumin - 1,000mg Daily
Fish Oil - 2,000mg to 4,000mg Daily
Glucosamine Chondroitin - 2,600mg Daily

Heart & Circulation Health
81mg Low Dose Aspirin Daily
Beet Powder - 5,000mg Daily

General
L-Lysine - 500mg Daily
Men's 50+ Multivitamin - One Daily
Saw Palmetto - 1,350mg Daily
Selenium - 200mcg Daily
Niacin - 400mg Daily
Inositol - 100mg Daily
Ascorbic Acid - 650mg Daily
Zinc - 50mg Daily
B-Complex - One Daily
Vitamin D - 25mcg Daily
Magnesium - 250mg Daily
Potassium - 396mg Daily

Muscle Health
L-Glutamine - 500mg Daily
L-Arginine - 1,000mg Daily
Creatine - 5g Daily
L-Citrulline - 3g Daily

Thanks.

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I'm not a competitive bodybuilder, I'm just attempting to look awesome as an older gentleman, perhaps live forever etc. It's definitely a work in progress.
When I show the typical non-workout person my list of supplements, they think I'm crazy. This has never been documented and/or proven. That's for another thread, but I digress. Please take a look at this list at your leisure, and let me know if you feel my OCD has gotten the best of me. I gave this list to the intake person at my last doctor's appointment. There were eye daggers as she was typing it into my history.

CoQ10 - 200mg Daily

General
L-Lysine - 500mg Daily
Selenium - 200mcg Daily
Niacin - 400mg Daily
Inositol - 100mg Daily
Zinc - 50mg Daily
B-Complex - One Daily
Vitamin D - 25mcg Daily
Magnesium - 250mg Daily
Potassium - 396mg Daily

Muscle Health
Creatine - 5g Daily
L-Citrulline - 3g Daily

Thanks.
you must be a GNC gold vip member
thats a lot of sups

Reaction score
I do take quite a bit I suppose. There are a few different types of cancer that run in my family, plus I'm wound like a top and my BP is a wee bit high. I know some items on this list may be bunk, but I need to know I tried.

Reaction score

CoQ10 - 200mg Daily

General
L-Lysine - 500mg Daily
Selenium - 200mcg Daily
Niacin - 400mg Daily
Inositol - 100mg Daily
Zinc - 50mg Daily
B-Complex - One Daily
Vitamin D - 25mcg Daily
Magnesium - 250mg Daily
Potassium - 396mg Daily

Muscle Health
Creatine - 5g Daily
L-Citrulline - 3g Daily

Thanks.
Seems like a lot but whatever makes you feel best. I normally go with a daily multivitamin generic of Centrum or the other popular One a day brand. I supplement that with extra d3 and b12.
Most of the extra stuff you have under 'general' is covered in a multivitamin.

I do like the fish oil too and have heard good things about coQ10. For 'mucsle health' you can go with any number of powders that can include all of what you have.

What is your typical AAS cycle?

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I do take quite a bit I suppose. There are a few different types of cancer that run in my family, plus I'm wound like a top and my BP is a wee bit high. I know some items on this list may be bunk, but I need to know I tried.
im sure it doesnt hurt, and a lot of them might have some marginal benefits.
cant really hurt anything than your wallet

eazy

Elite
Reaction score
do you get labs and supplement based on data?

Reaction score
do you get labs and supplement based on data?
Good question for op. I wouldn't take most of what I do supplement wise if it wasn't recommended by my doc. For instance I just started taking D3 because my levels were low.

Reaction score
There are some supplements based on labs and doctor recommendations, while others are based a bit on anecdotal evidence.
Based on some of the comments, I am a bit over the top with this list apparently.

Reaction score
Based on some of the comments, I am a bit over the top with this list apparently.
Chances are that I made more natty gains than you while doing nothing but training to failure and eating right.

You don't need really anything on this list. EPA/DHA are always beneficial. Science backs Creatine usage but I don't think it's even noticeable when taking it. Outside of those two and whatever you may need for sleep - you probably need nothing on that list.

Reaction score
Centrum or the other popular One a day
The magnesium in these is not bioavailable, unless they've recently changed their recipe. Magnesium oxide has a lattice energy that is too high for the body to break, since both ions are divalent (but I'm sure that you already knew that, right lifter?).

For magnesium, use either citrate or glycinate.

Reaction score
The magnesium in these is not bioavailable, unless they've recently changed their recipe. Magnesium oxide has a lattice energy that is too high for the body to break, since both ions are divalent (but I'm sure that you already knew that, right lifter?).

For magnesium, use either citrate or glycinate.
yeah, thats why I said I still supplement outside of that. Lol, you seem upset I called you out in the other post for not knowing something. Lol.

Also, you know the formula magnesium used in all generics? Wow! LOL. That's fucking amazing. Nice try pal.

Reaction score
yeah, thats why I said I still supplement outside of that. Lol, you seem upset I called you out in the other post for not knowing something. Lol.

Also, you know the formula magnesium used in all generics? Wow! LOL. That's fucking amazing. Nice try pal.
Then why take a multivitamin at all? They're inferior and don't supply adequate amounts of most vitamins/minerals.

I'm not playing your pissing match game, lifter. You try so hard to contribute useful information using your big MD-PhD brain, but you get shut down repeatedly. That has to take a toll on your psyche and confidence. I almost feel sorry for you, but you're a shithead, so I don't.

Reaction score
Chances are that I made more natty gains than you while doing nothing but training to failure and eating right.

You don't need really anything on this list. EPA/DHA are always beneficial. Science backs Creatine usage but I don't think it's even noticeable when taking it. Outside of those two and whatever you may need for sleep - you probably need nothing on that list.
Vitamin of the Month Club got me again. Seriously though, yes you probably have made better gains than I. I sit at a desk for the better part of 72-80 hours per week/Monday to Sunday. I'm working out at 11PM, not getting to bed until 1AM and back up at 6AM. Proper sleep eludes me.

Reaction score
not getting to bed until 1AM and back up at 6AM. Proper sleep eludes me.
you and me both; this is a typical week for me, but more like 10pm-3am.

Focus on your diet and training, you will get far better results than by taking vitamins. Optimize sleep where you can.

buck

Reaction score
I have taken far more supps then that for decades at a time. And did well. Now i use less and still do very well recovery and health wise. I go with the latest science and always have. But i feel nothing comes close to a good natural food diet.

Reaction score

STFU Lifter6973

You just can't stay away. Nobody wants you here.