P5p interesting stuff.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
Have a buddy of mine starting a Test NPP run. Ironically just about to start mine next week. Told me he incorporates P5p (pyridoxine) B6 for prolactin. Been around for quite a bit never heard of it.

I never had any prolactin issues with Nandrolone's usually hear having caber on hand.

Anybody uses this for prolactin, great to learn about new things!!! Never to old!!

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
Have a buddy of mine starting a Test NPP run. Ironically just about to start mine next week. Told me he incorporates P5p (pyridoxine) B6 for prolactin. Been around for quite a bit never heard of it.

I never had any prolactin issues with Nandrolone's usually hear having caber on hand.

Anybody uses this for prolactin, great to learn about new things!!! Never to old!!
most of us use P5P over caber for prolactin control. It's been a topic here ever since I joined in 2020. Not sure if it was popular here before then.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

From what I've heard about it, you have to use it preemptively, before you have issues, because once you have issues, P5P won't fix it.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
I use P5P year round, whether im on 19 nors or not as it has some pretty good benefits outside of prolactin control. Namely sleep quality.

Ive never had prolactin specific issue, so i cant speak to its specific efficacy for this use, but its incredibly cheap and readily available, so why not include it as a precautionary supplement.

Its allegedly most effective as prophylactically to prevent raising prolactin before it becomes an issue, and is less effective at emergency prolactin control.

Keep in mind, even on 19nors, most prolactin issues are a result of poor e2 management. Get your bloodwork done and control your estrogen effectively and prolactin wont be an issue 99% of the time.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I use P5P year round, whether im on 19 nors or not as it has some pretty good benefits outside of prolactin control. Namely sleep quality.

Ive never had prolactin specific issue, so i cant speak to its specific efficacy for this use, but its incredibly cheap and readily available, so why not include it as a precautionary supplement.

Its allegedly most effective as prophylactically to prevent raising prolactin before it becomes an issue, and is less effective at emergency prolactin control.

Keep in mind, even on 19nors, most prolactin issues are a result of poor e2 management. Get your bloodwork done and control your estrogen effectively and prolactin wont be an issue 99% of the time.
didn't know that about sleep quality. My sleep has been suffering lately; I think I'll give this a try.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score

How many mg do you take daily?

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
Put P5P into the search engine, interesting reads. Great to learn new things!!!

TomJ

"Elite" 😏
Reaction score
didn't know that about sleep quality. My sleep has been suffering lately; I think I'll give this a try.
Its not very well studied admittedly, the research is tenuous at best, but anecdotally i feel like i sleep deeper and have far more vivid dreams when it is part of my nightly supplement regimen
it has something to do with the relationship of p5p and endogenous melatonin production iirc.

the effect appears to only be present in males interestingly.

Higher PLP serum levels are associated with less instances of short or broken sleep intervals
The average serum PLP concentrations were higher in people with normal sleep duration, suggesting a non-linear dose–response relationship. Our study indicated that serum PLP concentrations were negatively associated with daytime sleepiness, and this association may only exist in males. Moreover, it was also inversely related to abnormal sleep duration (very short, short, long) compared to normal sleep duration.
Serum PLP concentrations were only negatively associated with very short sleep (RRR = 0.66, 95% CI: 0.45–0.97) and short sleep duration (RRR = 0.68, 95% CI: 0.52–0.89) in males

Can help with sleep quality in general
a randomized controlled trial suggested that the combination of vitamin B6 and γ-glutamate can improve sleep quality [52].

Mechanistic hypothesis.
TLDR melatonin, neurotransmitters, and inflammation
Firstly, PLP is a coenzyme that can participate in the synthesis of melatonin, which is generally considered an important hormone that affects sleep [54,55]. Specifically, PLP participates in the hydroxylation of tryptophan to generate 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) and decarboxylation to produce 5-HT, which is considered as a precursor for melatonin [56]. Secondly, PLP can affect the nervous system by participating in the synthesis of neurotransmitters [57], such as GABA, which may be involved in the regulation of sleep [58]. In addition, the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of PLP are also possible mechanisms involved in sleep. Inflammation has been shown in studies to affect sleep [59,60], and some markers of inflammation also have a circadian rhythm [61]
During inflammation, PLP is mobilized to active inflammatory sites and regulates PLP-dependent enzymes and metabolic pathways, which play a role in the inflammatory response [62,63]. Furthermore, oxidative stress can disrupt sleep homeostasis through different mechanisms [64]. Vitamin B6, or PLP, is an antioxidant that protects against oxidative stress by directly scavenging free radicals or indirectly participating in the glutathione-dependent antioxidant system [34,57,65,66,67].

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
From what I've heard about it, you have to use it preemptively, before you have issues, because once you have issues, P5P won't fix it.
On bloodwork it might not look "fixed" but if your prolactin is too high and you cant bust a nut for an hour with the ol lady a week of p5p will get the cannon firing on time when you pull the lanyard. At least it works for me like that.