Sandman

beefnewton

Reaction score
Started watching this and just can't continue... and I can't figure out why. A lot of people have issue with the casting and changing of genders and whatnot. That doesn't bother me at all, though some of the casting/acting just doesn't seem right for the roles (like Cain and Abel). I loved the comics when I was younger. It was one of the few comics I actually read. It was dark, intelligent, and moving. I don't get that from the show, in spite of the attempts to keep it canon. What am I missing? Am I just that helplessly bitter and jaded to the point nothing will live up to the past? Even Dream himself just doesn't seem to "click" for me. There's just something off about the whole show that doesn't create the same sense of wonder and expansiveness that the comics did. Maybe it's the medium, moving from print to video? Maybe it's all of those little things that my mind imagined from reading the comics aren't the same things others imagined? But we still had the artistry... the fantastic illustrations. Anyway, I just can't finish it, and I'm stumped.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
I understand where you’re coming from. I loved the comics/graphic novel.
However I’m kinda hooked on the show.

beefnewton

Reaction score
I understand where you’re coming from. I loved the comics/graphic novel.
However I’m kinda hooked on the show.

Where are you at in it? Was there an episode where it "got you?" Maybe I didn't make it far enough. I think my issue is I'm viewing it through an old, rigid lens and keep comparing it to how the series made me feel when I was young... and that was my interpretation... not necessarily anyone else's. I think I'll restart it and try to just passively watch it. I find myself constantly comparing it, which isn't good in any situation.

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Episode 7.
It hooked me from the beginning. I’m a sucker for anything that has ti do with the occult though.

New Threads