Solocam intro

Reaction score
Hello,

Taking a minute to introduce myself.

52 year old man. Rougy 15 years of lifting experience. 5'7 220lbs.... been on and off for the last 5 years, due to my kids being involved with sports (I've coached youth baseball for 12 years). I injured my Achilles in both lega.a.couple years ago, took a long time to heal. During that time, I got really fat.

I'm a former semi-pro baseball player from the 90's, blew out my UCL. Never had Tommy John, as I wasn't making millions. Arm doesn't bother me at all. I did have surgery on my left knee 30 years ago to remove a bone chip. I suffer from subluxation of both knees. Hips are tilted slightly, so inside lobe of my quads don't develop easily.

I am currently 1 month into dieting. 2200 calories. Keeping carbs below 35g per day, and protein around 200 or so. I'm currently doing 40 minutes of cardio 2x per day. Morning on empty belly, heart rate target of 125bpm. Evening is interval training, with target of 140bpm.

Looking to get back down to 165ish. Should leave me in the 12% range.

As for chemical use history; I used Clen for one 6 week cycle when I was 22. Used Cardarine a couple years ago to see what happens. (Stuff really worked for endurance. ).

I was a long time member of the old Steroid Encyclopedia site years ago.. Looking forward meeting everyone, and learning again. Been a while.

-Solo

Reaction score
Welcome! You a bowhunter?
Thanks! I bowhunted and shot competitive 3d tournament archery in the past. Like everything else, once kids arrived alot of stuff went to the wayside.

My wife had twins right out of the gate, and another boy 2 years later. No those twins are 19 and my youngest just turned 17.

Just put new strings on my old bow and set up some arrows. Hoping to hit the woods again this fall.

Reaction score
Thanks! I bowhunted and shot competitive 3d tournament archery in the past. Like everything else, once kids arrived alot of stuff went to the wayside.

My wife had twins right out of the gate, and another boy 2 years later. No those twins are 19 and my youngest just turned 17.

Just put new strings on my old bow and set up some arrows. Hoping to hit the woods again this fall.
Nice, I figured. I try to bowhunt, well somewhat. I just make sure I get a deer or two every year by whatever means necessary. I'm a meat hunter.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Hello,

Taking a minute to introduce myself.

52 year old man. Rougy 15 years of lifting experience. 5'7 220lbs...

I am currently 1 month into dieting. 2200 calories. Keeping carbs below 35g per day, and protein around 200 or so. I'm currently doing 40 minutes of cardio 2x per day. Morning on empty belly, heart rate target of 125bpm. Evening is interval training, with target of 140bpm.

Looking to get back down to 165ish. Should leave me in the 12% range.
Welcome to the Underground sir, but please explain your hatred of carbohydrates to me.

Your ballpark daily Cals and macros
2200 Cals:
200 g Protein
35 g Carbs
140 g Fats

Why such low carbohydrates? What's the rationale there?

Reaction score
Welcome to the Underground sir, but please explain your hatred of carbohydrates to me.

Your ballpark daily Cals and macros
2200 Cals:
200 g Protein
35 g Carbs
140 g Fats

Why such low carbohydrates? What's the rationale there?
Low carb always worked for me in the past. I eat a lot of red meat and chicken. So, the fat tends to equal my protein intake fairly close. Carbs are the easiest for me to cut.

Other than my cardio sessions, most of my day is sedentary. I work at a desk 90% of the day.

Too much processed meats, but they are cheap and yummy. 2 kids in college and 1 starting fall of 2023. Just stocked up on cans of albacore tuna....

-Solo

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Protein is too low and why are your starting calories so low

Reaction score
Protein is too low and why are your starting calories so low
Calculated 1.5g x LBM which is a puny 143lbs currently.

I want to burn as much bodyfat as possible. Lower calories ensure I am in a calories deficit, plus all the sitting at work isn't burning a whole lot.

What tweaks would you suggest?

RiR0

Sage of Swole
Reaction score
Calculated 1.5g x LBM which is a puny 143lbs currently.

I want to burn as much bodyfat as possible. Lower calories ensure I am in a calories deficit, plus all the sitting at work isn't burning a whole lot.

What tweaks would you suggest?
I don’t like xlbm it’s never accurate and more protein ensures better body composition.
Protein needs to be highest in a deficit and when carbs are low.
I’d suggest atleast 220g of protein but really closer to 300.
I’d suggest you start cals at atleast 2400.
Where do you go from 2200 over time?
What you’re doing now doesn’t ensure more fatloss it ensures weight loss from muscle and fat. You’ll probably end up skinny fat with less muscle than you have now

Reaction score
I don’t like xlbm it’s never accurate and more protein ensures better body composition.
Protein needs to be highest in a deficit and when carbs are low.
I’d suggest atleast 220g of protein but really closer to 300.
I’d suggest you start cals at atleast 2400.
Where do you go from 2200 over time?
What you’re doing now doesn’t ensure more fatloss it ensures weight loss from muscle and fat. You’ll probably end up skinny fat with less muscle than you have now
Makes sense, in 2012 I had 156lbs lbs @180. Wouldn't mind getting that back.

I'll up the protein and calories for a couple weeks.

Something like this:

300g protein
50g or less carbs
110g fat.

Fat is going to tough. I have half a side of beef to finish up before Nov 5th, than another arrives.

Thoughts on using a zero carb protein like IsoPure for extra protein without adding carbs or fat?

New Threads