Trendkill's Training Journal

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I could read shit like this all day. Dime is right at the top of my all time people I wish I could have met.
I pissed Phil off one night pretty good , he looked like he wanted to eat me for like 4 seconds haaahahah. Phil has this habit of walking around naked. Yep ,, as a fucking Jbird.

We go up to the hotel room with the reps .. he knows were coming. I knock on the door ,,, *opens ,,, nekkid Phil ,,, hey man .... I kind of close my eyes an step to the side ... theres a gasp or two , a chuckle but theres Phil carrying on a conversation like he was in a tuxedo.

They finish up talking ,, and just before he closed the door i'm like ,,, Hey , ill be downstairs if you need anything , ya know like pants ? ,,,, holler HAH !! You could see the veins in his neck bulge for a sec ,, and he sort of waved at them at the pointed at me i nodded and he gimme the phil face with the cut throat haaaaahaha slammed the door.

That ended up being a horrible show that night , Dime was pissed , Vinnie was just like eh fuck it this place is a hole , Phil took off with Val and Sebastian out to long island to Sebastians place ,, and that was it .

Back then I had just the top of my head with dreads and little skulls from tibeten prayer beads wired into em .. rest was all shaved.... they get to the hotel , first time I ever met Phil he walks up to me nods n says ,, Nice head dude. I nodded said thanks , same to you . he kind of smirked.

Phil is sort of like being around any predatory animal , Wolf Lion Bear , you just want him to like you.

Last edited:

Trendkill

👑 Benevolent Sammich King 👑
Reaction score
I can’t ever picture Dime being pissed. Most have been something to really set him off.

my best friend and I used to gauge Phil’s level of anger with each subsequent album release. I remember when FBD came out and I thought that was peak Phil anger but no. TGSTK takes the cake there.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
I've seen Dime get mad but it was about the show , production , sound , his performance , the venue ,, I never saw him like freak out on any one or go off on some one ever. That would of been so out of character for him. You know something would of been really really fucking wrong.

presser

Harvey Two Face
Reaction score
Max Lower

Caught a bug over the weekend so I pushed this session out 2 extra days. It was worth it.

42" chain suspended GMs with camber bar
445 x 1
495 x 1
545 x 1 PR

Kneeling squat with SSB
430 x 5
480 x 2 x 6

Rickshaw carries
460 x 90ft
500 x 90ft
Had this number as a goal in the back of my head since I got this thing. Felt really good. Going to switch these out for weighted wheelbarrow work for the next couple months. Really happy with how my upper back and grip have responded.

Everything felt right today and it felt great.

Vids
great stuff trend!

presser

Harvey Two Face
Reaction score

Trendkill

Reaction score
Max Lower

First workout back after a week of vacation. Felt good.

2 board against doubled monster mini bands (130 top/100 bot)
280 x 1
Not a PR but up 5lbs from last time so I’ll take it.

Overhead close grip rack lockouts
365 x 5
405 x 5
425 x 6

Flat dumbbell press
110 x 8
110 x 7

Bent over rows on Rickshaw
185 x 3 x 10
Much harder then I thought but really liked how they felt.

Upright row on belt squat
95 x 3 x 12
Havent done upright rows in 20 years. This setup didn’t bother my shoulder.

Oh and it was hot and dry today. Left is outside temp right is gym temp. AC gets installed Wednesday.
21131A6A-F9B0-4F35-BB91-A4E7A4FBC180.jpeg

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Holy shit , I would just lay on the concrete and wait for paramedics to carry me to an aid station .... Klinger is that you ?

Trendkill

Reaction score
Damn I forgot about our Canadian brothers in the frozen north. This works out to 51C outside and 45C in the gym. I know those temperatures aren’t possible up there but I didn’t want to leave you out of the discussion and be accused of being a racist, islamaphobic, homophobic, transphobic, claustrophobic American. So there.

And for my astronomy loving lifters that’s 324 and 318 Kelvin, respectively.

Slabiathan

The Lorax
Reaction score
Max Lower

First workout back after a week of vacation. Felt good.

2 board against doubled monster mini bands (130 top/100 bot)
280 x 1
Not a PR but up 5lbs from last time so I’ll take it.

Overhead close grip rack lockouts
365 x 5
405 x 5
425 x 6

Flat dumbbell press
110 x 8
110 x 7

Bent over rows on Rickshaw
185 x 3 x 10
Much harder then I thought but really liked how they felt.

Upright row on belt squat
95 x 3 x 12
Havent done upright rows in 20 years. This setup didn’t bother my shoulder.

Oh and it was hot and dry today. Left is outside temp right is gym temp. AC gets installed Wednesday.
View attachment 24520
My setup is outside and I thought I was hot today! That's awesome man!

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
My neighbor saved me. He came over with a big ass drum fan and set it right in front of me. All it did was blow 113 degree air around but it actually felt good. It’ll take Me all night to cool down.
Yeah I lived in Arizona for 8 years, mostly Tempe and Phoenix.

You might lose some weight from sweating!

I used to set my AC on 80 and it felt cool enough. When I went back east to see my family for Christmas I nearly froze to death, chilled to the bone, got sick as hell.

Trendkill

Reaction score
Dynamic Lower

Had to push this two days until the A/C is in. Apparently 113 is my body's limit for training temp lol. Everything got installed yesterday. Cranked in on today about two hours before training and it dropped the temp down to 92 which is 36 degrees cooler than outside. I'm going to turn it on earlier next time to get it down to about 80. Also planning to insulate the garage door this weekend.

Box squat with camber bar and avg. bands looped around plates (200 top/125 bot)
380 x 9 x 2
445 x 1 x 2

Deadlift with avg. bands (200 top/40 bot)
340 x 8 x 2

GHR with avg. band around neck
3 x 12

Lat pulldowns wide/neutral grip
200 x 3 x 8

Standing abs
110 x 2 x 15

nissan11

Elite
Reaction score
Dynamic Lower

Had to push this two days until the A/C is in. Apparently 113 is my body's limit for training temp lol. Everything got installed yesterday. Cranked in on today about two hours before training and it dropped the temp down to 92 which is 36 degrees cooler than outside. I'm going to turn it on earlier next time to get it down to about 80. Also planning to insulate the garage door this weekend.

Box squat with camber bar and avg. bands looped around plates (200 top/125 bot)
380 x 9 x 2
445 x 1 x 2

Deadlift with avg. bands (200 top/40 bot)
340 x 8 x 2

GHR with avg. band around neck
3 x 12

Lat pulldowns wide/neutral grip
200 x 3 x 8

Standing abs
110 x 2 x 15
What do you mean bands looped around the plates? Got a pic?

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
Imma go out on a limb here and say that putting the bands around the plates and not the bar increase the tension due to the larger diameter ? ... but maybe theres another reason im not seeing

Trendkill

Reaction score
The original camber bar was only usable ina a monolift. It did not have the extended top portion of the bar like the new ones do which allow them to be used in a power rack. To use bands with this bar the Westside guys would put the band around the plates instead of on the bar sleeve like you do with a regular bar. I can get a pic for you tomorrow.
Imma go out on a limb here and say that putting the bands around the plates and not the bar increase the tension due to the larger diameter ? ... but maybe theres another reason im not seeing
It definitely adds more tension. I usually put the bands around the extended rackable part of the bar cause it’s easier To setup. I like the feel of the bands looped over the plates better though Amd will do it this way from now on.
Need to find a local @Trendkill to train with lol
East Texas is only a 14 hour drive or 2.5 hour flight from Phoenix. Head on over.

New Threads