Trouble with weight loss

Reaction score
Hey all. I’m new here and I’ve been looking to get some input. I just finished up my last season of football this year and I’m a college senior. I was an o lineman so yes I’ve been fat for around 10 years at this point. I was wondering if you guys had any tips. I’ve lost about 15 pounds from my playing weight but I’ve been stagnant at around 265 for about two months now. Part of me thinks that’s been me recomping a lot of the muscle mass I lost during season. Ultimately I feel great and I can see the muscle coming back in but I just seem to not be losing the belly fat and love handles. If I could get any advice you guys have that would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Eat less food than you currently are, and be more active than you currently are.
I realized I had left put a ton of info and that was dumb of me. I’ve been lifting about 4 times a week and I’m doing cardio 6 days a week as well. I’m also eating around 2500 calories a day which is well under the 4500 calories I was eating to maintain 280+. I’ve gotten my diet dialed and I haven’t drank any alcohol in about three months.

Send0

Taskmaster (Moderator)
Reaction score
I realized I had left put a ton of info and that was dumb of me. I’ve been lifting about 4 times a week and I’m doing cardio 6 days a week as well. I’m also eating around 2500 calories a day which is well under the 4500 calories I was eating to maintain 280+. I’ve gotten my diet dialed and I haven’t drank any alcohol in about three months.
Then if you're looking leaner in the mirror then just keep doing what you're doing. You'll lose the belly fat eventually.

You didn't gain that weight in a couple of months, and you aren't going to lose it in a couple of months. Just keep working hard and you'll eventually be where you want to be.

Reaction score
also former college athlete...
Idk what youre eating but if I was going to give any advice I would say to eat under 2500 cal a day. I know you said you were eating 4500 a day for your football weight. In theory, you will lose weight to some degree or stop gaining as much weight at 2500 compared to 4500. However, unless you are like 6 foot 6, you definitely could up the discipline and eat under 2000 calories. Also cut out grains, I switched to almost a full animal baseed diet when I got done playing and I havent went back. Check out Carnivore MD for advice on youtube. hes the best.
Also, idk what you do for cardio, but walking never counts as cardio. So if you are walking, do something better lol

New Threads