what to do after reaching failure in a set

Reaction score
I always heard the same, even repeated it myself many times.

Yet I seem to do just fine when I have a controlled eccentric portion of the rep, versus an accentuated eccentric. Anecdotally, many others who are bigger and leaner than myself have reported the same - despite what "the science" says.

There are times when slower eccentrics are advisable, say when a trainee is having a hard time feeling the target muscle, or when in injury recovery and cannot lift at full weight so accentuated eccentrics serves as an intensifier.
But for the most part, slow eccentric portions, especially the 'timed' negatives, are a distraction from what you should be focused on: using heavier weight.
So essentially just focus on making the weight my bitch?. Squeezing the fuck out of my muscles and lifting that shit?
I will admit sometimes it can be distraction or inconsistent. I try to keep my reps slow so I can take my time Increasing the weight. I am trying to keep the reps top QUALITY. However it's hard to track rep speed while counting reps during ass clenching levels of intensity.

Yano

Flatlandah
Reaction score
no one is arguing with you.

Having dogma jammed down your throat is also annoying AF. That's not aimed at you; I just see it happen here all the time.
It was all fun and games until ....

fposter,small.jpg

:p

New Threads