What to do when skinny fat. Tips on diet.

Reaction score
Smith Machine Hamstring curls 3 sets of 8
Bro I am glad you are gonna be done with this trainer..

WTF IS THIS EVEN MEAN….
I would have to be shown this one..

Plus for someone just starting out this is so complex with a bunch of bla blah blah in it..

Bench dead’s and squat…
This is what I would suggest to a “skinny fat” guy trying to get into the sport…
It’s a lifestyle.
This routine looks like something a guy sat down and out almost everything you can do for on me body part in a routine.

Overly complicated…

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I know it's been quite a few days but thanks for the advice and the program. I don't know if you wrote the program or just took the program from somewhere else, but I appreciate your help. I will try it out after my last training session this week.

As for how many calories I need to gain weight, I'm still figuring that out, but I think I'm starting to get an idea of what my maintenance calories are. Should I check back on my weight every morning or week to get an idea of weight gain or loss? I ask this because weight fluctuations can be hard to interpret sometimes.
You're just skinny and soft, but I would not put you in skinny fat territory. You're in a great spot to grow.

Have you been tracking you calories and protein intake lately? How about daily morning weight?

Get back to me, we'll get you going in the right direction.

Btw, I wrote that program, it only took maybe 5 minutes. It's nothing special at all, you could pull similar from Google if you clicked the right person. It's just a sensible starting point. Nothing more, nothing less..... Your trainer's routine sucks.

Reaction score
You're just skinny and soft, but I would not put you in skinny fat territory. You're in a great spot to grow.

Have you been tracking you calories and protein intake lately? How about daily morning weight?

Get back to me, we'll get you going in the right direction.

Btw, I wrote that program, it only took maybe 5 minutes. It's nothing special at all, you could pull similar from Google if you clicked the right person. It's just a sensible starting point. Nothing more, nothing less..... Your trainer's routine sucks.
I wish I had an official guess on calorie count but right now I am in a position where not all of my meals are getting cooked by me right now. I counted around 2300 today if I were to get an estimate. (300+ from my TDEE as "sedentary"). I don't have a food scale right now so I can't get any precise calories, also I just realized I forgot to count the olive oil used when I cook. I am aiming for 140-160 grams of protein per day.

I have been tracking my morning weight for the last couple of days now, and it has remained eerily consistent.

Friday: 139.8
Saturday: 139.3
Sunday: 139.2
Monday: 139.3
Tuesday: 139.0

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I wish I had an official guess on calorie count but right now I am in a position where not all of my meals are getting cooked by me right now. I counted around 2300 today if I were to get an estimate. (300+ from my TDEE as "sedentary"). I don't have a food scale right now so I can't get any precise calories I guess, also I forgot to count the olive oil used when cooking. I am aiming for 140-160 grams of protein per day.

I have been tracking my morning weight for the last couple of days now, and it has remained eerily consistent.

Friday: 139.8
Saturday: 139.3
Sunday: 139.2
Monday: 139.3
Tuesday: 139.0
Without tracking your food, you're only making semi educated guesses, at best. It can be done, but it's like using landmarks vs GPS.

If it's impossible to track food, you can just use the scale and mirror, and adjust portion sizes as needed to keep the scale SLOWLY climbing upward. If at any point you look in the mirror and realize it's not going well, try to hang out at that weight for a bit and grow into it. Think of it like a staircase.

This is all under the assumption that you are training hard 4-5 times per week, and not eating junk foods.