Cheat Meals

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Who does them and who doesn't? Who thinks they potentially ruin your week's worth of hard work?

Reaction score
I'll tell u what Conan, when im cutting I do 30 mins of cardio in the morning on the step mill and than in the p.m. I weight train and do another 20 - 30 min session of cardio....So to answer ur question. ..HELL YEA I get my cheat meal in. I deserve it. A cheat meal for me also keeps me sane while dieting so this way I won't start freakin flipping out on everyone. Lol. But I almost always have it right after leg day. Almost like a ritual thing.

juuced

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I do one cheat meal a week. It usually a huge steak, some bread, a bottle of red wine- then its sex then its a cigar.

AliCat

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
The cheat meal has a huge pyschological benefit. You get to remember that feeling stuffed doesn't feel all that good so the rest of the days it's easier to stay on track.

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll tell u what Conan, when im cutting I do 30 mins of cardio in the morning on the step mill and than in the p.m. I weight train and do another 20 - 30 min session of cardio....So to answer ur question. ..HELL YEA I get my cheat meal in. I deserve it. A cheat meal for me also keeps me sane while dieting so this way I won't start freakin flipping out on everyone. Lol. But I almost always have it right after leg day. Almost like a ritual thing.

Ironic enough I actually do my cheat meal's on Sunday (usually pizza and buffalo wings) which happens to be leg day as well. Sometimes I just feel guilty about it as if it's hindering progress. Maybe I will up the cardio (non existent at this point) and change it to every other week cheat meals instead. :)

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
2 protein pancakes
10 slices of bacon
8 sausages
6 eggs covered in chili and cheese.

Or

Whole pizza covered in every meat the place has to offer

Trauma RN

Trusted Lady
Reaction score
I do a cheat day....I don't eat crazy, or fast foods, but I have 1 day a week where I basically will eat what I want.....

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
I eat anything I want everyday of the week. But I do so in amounts that fit my nutritional needs and goals. I guess you could say I'm a habitual cheater :(.

Last edited:

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have one every 1-2 weeks. On my current diet and training routine, I will end up flattening out a bit at some point. It is at this time I will have a nice, big cheat. It usually follows a leg day. If I don't over do it too much, I find this cheat doesn't hurt my progress. A lot of the time I end up leaner after the cheat. It always gets me looking full again, and improves my pumps for a few days. Plus...it tastes good.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn, I must be getting old. I think I've tried it all. I find if there is no breaks in a fairly strict regimen its hard to stay with it over the long term. I also find when incorporating cheat days sometimes a day becomes a cheat weekend or even a cheat week like what just happened over the holidays.

I have changed my thinking and try not to think of food in terms of dieting or not. I try very hard to live a healthier cleaner lifestyle that is in line with my bodybuilding goals and trying to maintain a lower body fat% year around.

It is still a daily struggle and I find myself hungry at times and other times giving into to temptation especially with alcohol.

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn, I must be getting old. I think I've tried it all. I find if there is no breaks in a fairly strict regimen its hard to stay with it over the long term. I also find when incorporating cheat days sometimes a day becomes a cheat weekend or even a cheat week like what just happened over the holidays.

I have changed my thinking and try not to think of food in terms of dieting or not. I try very hard to live a healthier cleaner lifestyle that is in line with my bodybuilding goals and trying to maintain a lower body fat% year around.

It is still a daily struggle and I find myself hungry at times and other times giving into to temptation especially with alcohol.

I feel ya... Whiskey (bourbon) is my kryptonite :)

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I do the cheat meals. During the summer one meal every 2-3 weeks. The summer cheats are pretty tame. This time of year twice a week (usally Wednesday night and Saturday night). My favorite this time of year is 2, triple meat cheese burgers from Whatabuger or 3, five guys doubles followed by Coldstone. I usally get the peanut butter perfection and I have them add 6 extra peanut butter cups. This is my favorite time of year.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i have one fri/sat/sun. makes it a whole lot easier to eat plain oatmeal, plain greek yougurt & un seasoned chicken breasts. (well no salt based seasonings)

but i am pretty lean, fast metabolism and am still younger.....so it all depends on your body and your goals as well.

Pinkbear

Elite
Reaction score
Whenever I cheat it does make me feel like a fat ass though =\

I eat becuz I am unhappy and I'm unhappy becuz I eat

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I do the cheat meals. During the summer one meal every 2-3 weeks. The summer cheats are pretty tame. This time of year twice a week (usally Wednesday night and Saturday night). My favorite this time of year is 2, triple meat cheese burgers from Whatabuger or 3, five guys doubles followed by Coldstone. I usally get the peanut butter perfection and I have them add 6 extra peanut butter cups. This is my favorite time of year.

I have to try that peanut butter perfection stuff. It sounds amazing! *next cheat meal... Coldstone Creamery!*

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I usually cheat on weekends

RedLang

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When cutting i have a cheat day every 5-7 days - 500g + of carbs.. No restraint and it doesn't hinder my progress. I find it makes me more vascular during the following days. i love it

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I cheat once a week it's usually a double quarter pounder

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cheat Day, here. No limits. Bring them carbs.

New Threads